MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1513

[Deleted]
I'm looking for a programmer to code a simple EA for me to make small orders on my account, when not at the terminal. I have two simple systems that I'd like to write up and be able to adjust a little bit. Please email me if any of you are interested. Thanks, Kurt kjpix@mac.com
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have a problem with the WindowBarsPerChart() function (see attached screenshot) that I hope someone can help me with. The screenshot shows a standard chart that I have scrolled all the way to the right so that the rightmost bar is bar 0. I run a simple script that prints the values of...
Hello, Is there a place someone could direct me to learn how to keep an indicator calculate in one timeframe no matter what time frame the chart is under. For example, i want to calculate MACD only for 15 min timeframe even though the chart is at the 1 hour time frame. I hope this makes sense. Thank
[Deleted]
Can I graph indicator lines in EA while it is running live or in strategy tester? Can't seem to do it unless I add indicator lines manually. Thanks.
[Deleted]
I am trying to write code to obtain the state of a toolbar button of terminal.exe. It appears that because terminal.exe uses the MFC libraries for its controls/toolbars that I need to do something like this: int tbbutton[10]; ArrayInitialize(tbbutton, 0); SendMessageA(hwndToolbar,...
[Deleted]
  Known Bugs  (2)
Version 4.00, build 220 of the metaquotes platform clearly has a LEAK. If I run backtraces for extended lenghths of time the system will eventually fall over due to lack of memory. Watching terminal.exe in Task Manager reveals a consistent growth in RAM usage even when using an EA that does not...
[Deleted]
I have questions regarding 2 specific code, Any help is greatly appreciated. 1: NormalizeDouble ---> is it possible for this command to return the value ZERO? 2. If I specify a external value and then change the value inside the script would the new value remain or would it reset to the external...
Hi all, I'm sitting here in the frosty Germany with a few friends and we're doing a little brainstorming about the most suitable way how to display current ASK and BID Quotes of a certain instrument at custom controls on a userform. We have created two buttons, where the one is intended to receive
[Deleted]
Can some one please help me, I have been battling with the code of my EA for some time now. I can not get it to close a trade if the orderclose criteria are met. I will attach my EA and the custom indicator it uses. Please if you find the problem let me know I would like to fix it myself and learn...
Hi Is it true that the indicators Bollinger Bands and the equivalent iBands accept only integer standard deviation values? I find that the custom indicator, Bands, makes a Bollinger band of any number of standard deviation (e.g. 2.5). For my EA, I need Bollinger Bands with width 2.5 Std Devs. Is the...
pls i need hammer and spining top indicator alert that will alert me when there is property called hammer defined by: |open- close|=0, |high-open|=0 etc
[Deleted]
when pendingorder change to openedorders I want write code for send new order but now I can't write it, please help me . thanks you .
[Deleted]
MT4 won't execute a trailing stop when the software is not running. I don't like running the software all the time - I'm a Newbie Swing Trader. For example if I put in a separate Buy Stop order and that order gets executed while the program is closed, won't the trailing buy stop order get executed...
Can someone code or dose someone have a code that displays the PSAR in each time frame? If so please email it to landonbarnard@gmail.com Thanks for the help Landon Barnard
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm relatively new to this user interface, and I'm having a problem not described in the help section. Whenever I attempt to back-test one of the given EAs, I always end up with these two error message in the Journal: "OrderSend error 131" as well as "Error opening BUY order : 131". I'm...
[Deleted]
After a search of many, many months I came to the conclusion that there is no ExpertAdvisor that can actually consistently make money over the long term. Can anybodyprove me wrong?
[Deleted]
Hi there, I wonder if someone has some code or can develop a code with the following conditions: (trend following) Moving Average: - Period: 90 - Shift: 0 - Mode: Simple The code must test the candlestick bar status for 2 different timeframes: 1H and 4H Rules: NO ORDER: Wait for the candlestick...
Hello, I want to ask how can I add a moving average in to MACD and say to auto-trader to make Longs and Sorts when the moving average == MacdCurrent. I tried to add moving average but it adds to EURUSD and not to MACD. I know that it must be very easy for you, so please help me. Thank you Daniel
I have a EA that open a lot of profits trades, but open a few very unprofitable ones. I need to create a EA that open a trade in the opposite direction when the price reach -100 with a step loss of 20 and take profit 400 (could be variable). If the trade move to -120 move the stop loss to the start...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am using plain C to write dll's for use within scripts in metatrader. 1) In my dll I want to create a dialogue or window (which obviously must have its own callback function). I have done this by creating the window in a new thread. This sometimes crashes metatrader when I close the window....
I just want to try different platforms/brokers for comparasion. Any recommendation?
[Deleted]
Wonder if anyone here could provide some advice:- Most of the strategies I have tested with "open price" and "every tick" gave very close results. But for some strategies tested show very different results - which is correct? Must the strategies be tested with "every tick" to give a results similar...
[Deleted]
  New bar open  (1)
Hi there, Can anyone share a code that detects when a new bar open? Thanks in advance Regards Paulo
[Deleted]
Hello, On the parameters of OrderSend() there "slippage" (Maximun price slippage for buy or sell orders) in all my EAs always wear 3 but I suffer continuing requotes 5-20 pips If price is no longer valid, I prefer not open to the position that if they open with requote Question: There is a...
[Deleted]
  just wondering  (5)
hi all, for those who experience, if EA working on a Demo account does it works the same on a live account? Im asking beacuse some body told me that EA might works good on the Demo accout but not on live account. Thanks
Wer Hilfe über MetaTrader sucht, dem kann ich als deutschen Support nur www.meta-trader.de empfehlen. Hier findet man Hilfe und Unterstützung bei der Programmierung des eigenen EAs
[Deleted]
Hi Could any one please introduce some important russian forex forums to me? I need them for talk about some advertisement. Regards
Any ideas on how to get the manual zoom level in use on the chart, either while draging or on mouse up ?
[Deleted]
Let's say the indicator is named "ABC_ABC". What Expert Advisor code will test to see that the indicator "ABC_ABC" is really installed on the chart? NOTE Maybe I could put some kind of special question/response code into my custom indicator -- but I'm not sure what that code would look like. Thanks...
Renat has introduced a new term - "unsportsmanlike" trading. I would like to know more about what is meant by this term. In my opinion, there can only be honest or dishonest trade. Dishonest trade is when a bad product is sold under the guise of quality, when a monopoly position is used to inflate