MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1470

I have developed an EA that closes all open and pending trades when you move a text label in a chart. Visit http://www.forexbrace.com/content/view/203/52/ for more information and download your free copy. I have a question though. Is there a built-in method in MQL4 that could help us to go beyond...
[Deleted]
Has anyone used the iFractals function? I have been trying to find an example of how to use this function, noluck. I would appreciate it someone would point me to some doco on how to use thisfunction. Is it possible to use this function in an EA (Expert Advisor)?
[Deleted]
Guys, when Im running backtests for just a 4 month period, my memory usage of terminal.exe ticks up soooo fast that most of the time metatrader crashes when it reaches 950,000K of memory usage! I can watch it and see it goes up about 100K every second.... 1) What could be causing this if its my...
[Deleted]
Hello, My EA requires a custom indicator to be on the chart in order to use it. How can I backtest this EA without visual mode and that indicator not having a chart? Thanks,
In the world of daytrading stocks, most traders use overnight scanning software that tells them when a stock has met some conditions. As far as I can tell, there's nothing similar to this for Forex. Besides, there's no "overnight" in Forex, so a scanner would need to be constantly working. I've...
[Deleted]
My code works on a 5 decimal price broker, but not on a 4 decimal price broker... what should i be doing different in my code? Thanks!
[Deleted]
I am not an experienced programmer and looking for help here. In my expert advisor, I would like to pass a 2D array to a DLL function, modify the array and then send it back. Here is what I am doing: In the advisor --------------- #import "Arr.dll" void Arr(int n1, int n2, double x[][]); #import...
#import "sampledll.dll" //expertvoid test(double x[][]);double a[10][10];for(int =0;i<10;i++)   for(int k=0;k<10;k++)     a[i][k] = i*k;test(a); MT4_EXPFUNC void __stdcall test(double** a) //dll{     char   s[100];     sprintf(s,   "%f", a[0][0] ); MessageBox(NULL,s,"INFO",MB_OK); } but everytime it...
[Deleted]
Hi, Which broker's MT4 could allow to print correctly MarketInfo("Symb", MODE_ASK/_BID) and similars? It seems FXXD and Alpari platforms cannot.
[Deleted]
OrderSelect(16384, SELECT_BY_TICKET); if not, how do i find out the ticket number in mql4 code?
[Deleted]
How do you close out a portion of a trade, like closing .5 lots of 1 lot? Thanks
[Deleted]
When I run my expert advisor, it refuses to fetch data for previous months. E.g. I tell it to run EUR/GBP from Jan to March, but it only runs for march. How can I download the Jan to Feb data?
I'm getting this weird error occurring very frequently, when performing an OrderClose(). The close fails, with error code 145, ERR_TRADE_MODIFY_DENIED, which means "modification denied because order too close to market". But I'm not modifying an order, I'm just trying to close it! This is occurring...
i have an ea but it will not by or cell nor send an email can some one help me to see what the problem is
[Deleted]
Using the code below, having trouble with dates & any help appreciated. If I run the EA as is, then it displays Entry day as 1 (correct) Exit day as 335 (wrong). Using different strings for entry & exit dates gives various wrong answers, Using  EntryDate = "D'01.06.2009'"; ExitDate  = "D'02.06...
[Deleted]
Any help!? I am looking to suspend trade for say two hours once my orders are opened. I DO NOT want to stop the EA from working as I have a loop to close trades once profit target or max loss is reached. I know I can set a global variable in the ordersend function so that I can stop new orders from...
How can anybody claim that overoptimization is bad? It is simply impossible to cherry pick history data to look good. I mean, who is stupid enough to test their software on ONLY one set of data just to look good? I am sure, everybody is smart enough to test their software on multiple sets of data
Hi there, How can I draw a rectangle object (indicator) on a fixed place int the chart window (for example: on the left upper corner of the chart window)? Is it possible? Thank you!
[Deleted]
I need help modifying the parabolic SAR. Unforturnately I have found I have no aptitude for indicator programing because my attempts have been comparable to a train wreck. Here is what I have in mind: I would like to modify the Parabolic SAR to emit a sound when the dot flips to the other side of...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, i attached this code to my account but it refused to work, i don't know what was wrong in the code. Can anybody look into it?
  EURCAD window  (6)
Hi, I installed MT, and started watching all EUR pairs, but I can't find EURCAD pair. A found all major pairs with EUR, but not EURCAD. I created MQL4 command: Print("EURCAD:"+iClose("EURCAD",PERIOD_M1,0)); it always get same number: 1.67865 Any help? P.S. With Print("EURUSD:"+iClose("EURUSD"...
Hi all, I have just recently upgraded to build 223 and have noticed something strange going on... I have an EA which calls a custom indicator "InsideBars" which as the name suggests draws an arrow on the chart below the low of the bar if it is an inside bar, EMPTY_VALUE otherwise. In my Journal, I...
During backesting, I'm seeing the following error message: 2009.03.30 23:27:26 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.3987 at 2008.12.30 09:05 and price 1.3986 mismatched) However (as depicted on the attached screenshot) the low value is 1.3986, not 1.3887 as stated above. There are...
[Deleted]
Hi@all, I want to modify the OrderMagicNumber of an opend order after a I sold a part from it. Is this possible? I found an old thread but there was no solution found. How can an EA notice that I sold e.g. 0.01 lots with 50$ profit from an 0.1 lots order yet? So that the next sell will be with 100$...
[Deleted]
Hi guys I need some help please I am having a hard time getting the grid to replace pending orders if they are turned into market orders... have a look : 1: This is how I get it to place 6 pending buys and 6 pending sells above and below a set range size that is able to be changed externally :...
[Deleted]
Hi, please help me, this script is writing out the data from opened chart. (high, low....) I would like to modify this script, to take as input the currency pairs (aud-usd, or eur-usd...) and the time frame and write out the data to file...
[Deleted]
I know some people recommend a minimum of 5K or 10K in your traders account. What's your minimum?
[Deleted]
This may seem like a dumb question, but here goes. (I am a programmer, but new to MT$, so forgive the question if it is dumb.) Last night I was modifying my EA code from a directory on a flash drive, compiling it there, and then copying the .exe to the MT4 experts folder. Today, that doesn't seem...
Hi, I put PERIOD_M1 in the Timeframe param, and attach this indicator to a M5-chart (not M1-chart). double MA20 = iMA ( NULL , PERIOD_M1 , 20 , 0 , MODE_SMA , PRICE_CLOSE ,1 ) ; What does this give me? The value of MA-20 on M5's last bar , or value of MA-20 on M1's last bar ? I am having trouble
I have a very strange problem and I'd really apreciate any help! I'm running several MT4 platforms on a WIndows 2003 server. Each platform has its own demo account with a different Expert Advisor. Each time an Expert needs to open a trade, it opens 2 identical trades. Please see attached screen. It...