MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1480

[Deleted]
  Logic for EA  (2)
One of the indicator in my EA I am using is the Bollinger Bands... One of the check is to go long when the Ask is above the upperband by 5pips. Now lets say, my EA finds all the checks to be good including the upperband check. The buy order is placed and lets say, I exist with 20pips profit. At...
Hi. I've tested my expert for some time. The expert uses muliple time frames. I've added some time frames and now the expert keeps on loading ie the 30min start over and over. I can see the memory usage going up as the chart is loaded over and over. I tried to remove the one that being loaded over...
[Deleted]
Hey everybody, i would like to use some information of this custom indicator. I need to know, how to get the collours out of this indicator in an EA. I tried to use icustom, but this one gives me only the value of the indicator. is there another way to get some variables out of the indicator, so i...
[Deleted]
I have read the document to try and get a grip of how this works, however i need to see a really basic example in order to have a starting point. If anyone could help me with this i would be very greatful. All i would like to see is the absolute minimum lines, a basic start, buy point, sell point,...
[Deleted]
Hey everybody, i have a problem, that my datetime test = globalvariableSet("xxx", 2) test is allways 0, which means my globalvariable was not set. can you tell me how and why? thanks
[Deleted]
Hi there, can any one help me please.... I want to filter a trade entry like this : 1: If the Bid price is lower than or equal to the low on the last hourly candle && 2: If the Bid price is lower than or equal to the lowest low of the last two 15min candles -8pips then enter short... I...
[Deleted]
Currency, time frame and open, close, high and low are shown on left hand top by default. Is there any way we can delete this and show Currency and Timeframe on right hand top.
Hi! I have opened a mini account at FXDD demo with leverage 200:1, but my EA doesn't work because of error 131 (wrong trade volume). It says Lots=0.1 (Lots=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)). Why not 0.01 (mini account)? How can I resolve this? Thank you!
[Deleted]
  Newbie questions  (1)
I have not used MT 4 or any other version of MT. I am considering changing brokers to one who offers MT 4 as their platform. First, is there a user's guide I can download in PDF form? I know MT has an "online" help option, but I like to have a book in my hand. My first question about the platform...
[Deleted]
What s the best strategy tester model?
Is there an EA that records and reports on the spreads that are occurring on a specific pair? ie. EURCHF. KeithN
I need to know if is possible to set an alarm on this indicator 0_WolfeWave_4m The problem is that I have only the Exe file.......
[Deleted]
In the report of a backtest, i'm getting mismatched chart errors (165,033). What are these in reference to? Does this impact the reliability of an EA or is my data (from alpari) off? The modelling quality is coming up as n/a but the entire bar is green, again, what does this say about the...
[Deleted]
i have tried so many combination of indicators, no satisfatory one so far, either too strick leading few trades or too many wrong trades. let us discuss this issue to help each other.
[Deleted]
  In search of the sacred 'grail'...  (109   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Afternoon...or night, everyone. I'm working on a maniacal EA here. I'm not going to post it yet, it's just not finished yet, but I'll post it for sure...for FREE. I just need help. Question namba van - how to make auto-optimization ... say 8-16 napametrov? Article about auto-optimization, which
[Deleted]
Hello fellow coders/traders: I'm trying to think of a good way to determine an uptrend in a moving average. I'm classifying an "uptrend" as a 50DMA at a 25º angle. So I want to be able to say: Buying =IF MA > 25º (but how do i quantify 25º) && [Other trading criteria] MA = iMA(NULL...
[Deleted]
so many too say here, so simple question ;) well to have such a robot (i am not sure if ea is the same what robot), but anyway, that gives u 100% in a week like says comercials sounds, well fantastic, but i donnt think is true, because u still writting here new things, programs So what is close to...
Anyvbody could please code an indicator that takes into input the name of a cross and display inn the indicator window the candlestick plot of the cross on the same timeframe currently used on the main window plot. Thanks
[Deleted]
Can someone show me how I can capture a Close price with EA code from the M5 interval while my EA is loaded on the M15 time interval? I'm interested in capturing the previous [1] M5 bar close price.
[Deleted]
  files mq4  (4)
Hi Everyone! I am new to Forex, and a lot to learn ahead of me. Can someone please help me with some basic here. I cant open files mq4. This seems to be essential for EA trading. Thank U a lot. Anna
[Deleted]
I am new to MetaTrader. Does anyone have a free Strategy Tester that can backtest my strategy for me? The inbuilt strategy Tester will only back Test EAs.
[Deleted]
  Deleting orders  (4)
Can anyone elaborate as to why my EA will not delete Limit orders yet on another EA that is written almost identically, it will remove the stop orders? Is there something I am missing here!? Both trades detailed below get placed with no problem, but once the sell or buy are closed, it is almost like...
[Deleted]
Hello, Working on a custom indicator, and have no problem writing normal text to the screen, but how would I write my account balance on the screen? ObjectSetText("AccountBal", "Account balance:", 7, "Verdana", Yellow); <-- How i write text ObjectSetText("AccountBalDsp", Accountbalance(), 7,...
[Deleted]
Hi Is it possible to use MQL4 in other trading engines that are not MT4? rgds
Hi, is there a way to avoid that the field OrderComment() is modified from the platform? Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hey everybody. I would neet some help with my EA. Thats what i need to get coded and i dont know how: I would like to place the EA on a 15min chart (eg. USDGBP) and compare two other charts, to get an alert, in a message box. I thought something like this: I dont know how to programm the bold parts....
[Deleted]
  Urgently Wanted  (6)
i am looking for someone to manage and trade funds (starting with a small but regular amount i will supply), looking to make small, 'any profit', gains using MQL4 and FX|Clearing. After a period of proving the concept, i would like to then perhaps establish a small investment fund whereby investment...
[Deleted]
Hi I've had a look at the use of iCustom on EAs and looks like they should work okay, but the numbers i receive back are nothing like i see whe charting the EA for my own CI.  So, I tried this   // only enter on the 1st tick of the bar    if (!is5MinBar())       return(false);       double...
[Deleted]
How to make a robot look for contraction/expansion in the bands. How would one define a BB band contract?
I have a few Buy orders and Sell orders What I want do is : - Exit all the trades " Basket" at 5 pips more than the breakeven price of the open trades " including the swap" What I am trying to do in the first for loop is find the value of opentrades + swap and convert it to pips, and this is the...