MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1473

[Deleted]
Is it possible to build and use a custom data set for testing purposes in mq4? I would like to feed some special price patterns to an EA I'm working on to verify the logic. If this is feasible, any suggestions about how to go about this would be welcome. William
[Deleted]
Can anyone recommend a broker that uses MetaTrader, has small spreads, trust-worthy and can set up account with as little as $250? Have account already with Oanda, but Oanda does not work with MetaTrader.
[Deleted]
  FXDD News  (1)
Any idea why the live news on FXDD has quit working? The last news update was 3/24/09. Thanks
[Deleted]
How can i make the data windows keep updating data feed without hovering mouse over current price? As by default the data information will only be display in data windows when we hovering the mouse cursor over the current price. If we remove the cursor to the empty space at the right side of the...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Ran through the forum a lot of useful stuff:). I wanted to ask the knowledgeable, I want to penetrate into the meaning of neural networks , but I do not know where to start while I have a general idea read an article by Reshetov, now I want to develop in this direction
hello everybody how can I set MT4 to alert playing different sounds at follwing events: a position hit SL a position hit TP a position is about to hit TP(as TP box turns to green color) a position is about to hit SL(as SL box turns to red color) one more question: how can I exit part of a trade with...
Hi, i want to draw a vertical line in next days or week Bar. How could i do so for example today date is = 2009.03.26 and when i want to draw a vertical line i'm writing this: ObjectCreate("line1",OBJ_VLINE,0,Time[0],0); it works fine, BUT when i want to draw a vertical line at 2009.03.27 (tomorrow)...
i want to stop ea for 10 minutes everytime the ea enter a trade, is there any way to do that beside using sleep() ?
  sending mail  (4)
Hi All, How can I send mail? I used from options side but couldnt... Is there anybody who can help me about this subject....
dear all, i have problem for make EA... please tell me... - how to make EA code for 1x open in 1 day (in 1 day just 1x open position) - how to make EA code for 1x open in 1 crosing signal (ex. if close > envelope is (buy) ater that signal is silent into sell signal (close <envelope)) for all master...
[Deleted]
See 'Error code 1 but not all the time ?' for details. In basic trailing stops code this error occurrs when the new stoploss price is the same as the old one. Trying to filter this out by compairing the two prices does not always work (see the above forum link). This seems to be a bug in mql4....
After I downloaded data for the EUR/USD symbol using the History Center, I can only see 1 minute data from 03/25/2009 till 03/27/2009. There is no data available prior to 03/25/2009. Is this correct? How to get all data, i.e. starting from 2000? Not sure if I'm correctly verifying this: I expand...
[Deleted]
The same to the topic. where can I change the shortcut key of the MT4 ? Thank you .
[Deleted]
Does anyone have code or an idea how to evaluate the accountbalance(for example, at the start of the day or some hour) and set that value to be used later? For example: if(Hour()==0) get accountbalance and set that to a value like SB1(starting balance) then if equity = SB1 + arbitrary value(such as...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it was possible to create an ea that would trade based off the signals provided by daily fx signals. Unfortunately you will need to have an fxcm account in order to look at there signals. I would like an ea to trade exactly when they post there signals, otherwise
[Deleted]
This is a nice simple little ongoing job for someone. I need someone who has experience with MQL4, expert advisors and general knowledge of automated trading . I have a forum that has a lot of traders who would like to learn more about metatrader and expert advisors. I need someone who can spend an
[Deleted]
Hi I just wonder how can I add a signal line to MACD? Normally, MACD consists of two lines, right? But mine has only 1 line. -_-''
[Deleted]
hi all, need some help here ... am trying to make a script that can check the moving average value. so far i have that done but its just that the value does not refresh. so i was trying to loop the thing so that it will be refresh. i tried using a while loop but it seems that the refreshing is too
[Deleted]
I have 2 EAs - one to do buys, one to do sells for this strategy I'm playing with. In the EA log file I'm getting the wierdest logs that seem to show that the platform is confusing which EA initiated the trade. Log excerpts are below. These are the lines automatically generated by the platform -
[Deleted]
Hello Guys, Think this froum can be very helpful so I ask this question: 1) Im trying to pull a value from an indicator into an EA. The indicator is a custom indicator which I believe requires me to use icustom. The code from the indicator that has the value I want is this: if...
[Deleted]
Can any one tell me how to select the 2 open trades with the highest profits from a number of open trades... e.g. : if I have 6 open trades and want to close only to the 2 with the highest profits...how do I do this? I know how to use a for loop to cycle through all the open trades and then use...
[Deleted]
Does anybody know how to do this? My EA will always be in a hedge and I want to close the biggest winning trade at the same time as the losing trade hits stop loss... e.g. if i have a buy trade at -30 and its SL is -40 and I have a Sell trade at +20 and another sell trade at +10 ...then I want to...
Hi, how to active / put focus a chart window if another is activated? Solutions with WindowHandle() and ShowWindow() or SetFocus() didn't work for me, may be you can help. Thanks for your help. best regards, Daniel.
I've often seen on forums that some EAs or traders know how to define "entry", but they have problems with exit. So my question is... What does this "ideal entry" look like? What is the combination of indicators and so on ... What is the signal ? P.S. Preferably with screenshots )
I've coded my first array in an EA and I'm having troubles correctly do so. The array entitled MAS1, and is declared as a double variable. The intent is to put Moving Average values in the array. However, for some reason when I query the array for a value all I get in return is "0" (zero) Here is my
I'm a relative newbie. I'm running a FapTurbo robot on FXCBS broker's MT4 paltform on a demo account. It keeps coming up with an error message, "Cannot load library FapTurbo.dll (error 126). Any ideas on what may be the problem? Regards Davo
[Deleted]
Dear i am trading Bollinger Band as reversal i had reached to add douple top / bottoms to my system with divergence also this best setup i want to get double top /bottoms Alert. if one can help me???
[Deleted]
I have a few suggestions for the next version of mt5. 1.put times on top of chart and dates on bottom, instead of both on the bottom of a chart. - makes charts more readable. 2. put a price interval field in the chart options to allow chartist to set the number of pips per graduation. One can then
  Set time to GMT  (2)
Is there a way to change the time on MT4? It's showing a candle at 10:00am when it only 8:30 here GMT
Hi to all, What I'm wondering at the moment is, if there is an option of my EA calling the strategy tester to test itself. I hope it is possible to understand what I mean. :) If it can't be done, I'll just have to write the tester myself. Greetings, Peter