MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1591

i want to insert a sound when the graph change the color, what shall i write exactly?
I need a window with 3 moving averages with ALL features of the MA'sincluding FIRST INDICATOR'S DATA AND PREVIOUS INDICATOR'S DATA. The first MA is the FIRST INDICATOR. These MA's already exist at MT4 but I don't know how to do it. For someone that know MQL is easy!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, I have a plan to manage 5 pairs on 1 chart. 1 order at a time. If some pairs give buy signal at the same time, it will choose pair with the lower spread to trade on. I can make it with a large number of "if" for every possibility, but is there any better way to do this? I'm thinking to use an...
[Deleted]
I've got anindicator that shows previous day's high and low and I'm pretty clear what ishappening in the code. I'm trying to modify it so the high and low values canbe taken from within a custom time span. In the indicator there's twovariables; R returns yesterday's high and P shows the low. I need...
[Deleted]
I am interested in appling the TRADE DAY OF THE WEEK to forex pairs. Can anyone help me the create a back test program to do this? Basiclly, it is using historical data and determining over a period of time the tendency of a pair to close up from open or down from open on a dailly basis. Then,...
I need a custom indicator that when applied to a chart, allows you to create additional charts with timeframes that are not provided by MT4, and that also allows the real times displayed on these additional charts to be converted to the user's time zone. I have downloaded from the Code Base the...
I have a trailing stop system that adjust its trailing points as per the current profit. After a position is opened and has got some profit, the trailing system is supposed to work on the position, but it doesn't, not until I remove the EA from the chart and re-attach the EA to the chart. If the EA...
[Deleted]
Could someone please explain what the following error means: 14:14:29 '10140': instant order sell 0.10 GBPCAD at 1.9571 sl: 0.0000 tp: 0.0000 14:14:29 '10140': order sell 0.10 GBPCAD opening at 1.9571 sl: 0.0000 tp: 0.0000 failed [Off quotes] How can I avoid this? Thanks!
[Deleted]
Is there a broker that will run MQL4 EAs on their server? I live in an area withmany power outages, and don't want to rely on my PC being up while I sleep. I havea UPS, but that has its limits too. Thanks for any ideas.
After I attached my EA to some charts (4-7 charts), 100% CPU usage goes to Terminal.exe, other applications were slowed down to an unbearable extent. Does anybody know if anything is wrong with my EA. In my EA, there is NO dead loop, I cautioned not to use While -- do loop. Thanks.
I have tride several brokers who use MT4 as their software. In all those cases, the demo MT4 software was freezing during busy market time. Can any one answer me whether the reason is something that connected to the softwer itself (in this case I was wasting my time) ? If not, does anyone knows...
Hello I took an indicator for mt4 and i will like to put an alert sound on it; i try many time to fix it, but no result. If any body can help me ? (sorry for my english is bad) i trade well with this one but i don't want to stays all the days for waiting the signal. I just want the signal sound when...
[Deleted]
Hi EveryOne. I trid to write a CI ( Custom Indicator ) to Compute and find amount of Bars that made any wave of zigzag !!! unfortunately i didn't. I used iCustom to Find the Upper or Lower Wave. //-----Variable double LowerZigzag = iCustom ( Symbol (), Period (), "ZigZag", MODE_LOWER, 1 ) ; double...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to change the background color of a chart automatically from within an EA once a trade has started and then to change it back when closed? If so could someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you Kind regards
i have downloaded m1 history and convert it to h1. and h1 offline data has 22231 bars. i use bars why bars only 1002? thank you.
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon, I am sure this is a rookie question... I placed an S/L marker on 1.05 and the sell/bid price never touched that, but the system took the loss at 1.06 Is there a reason this would have taken place? Also it says Swap 7.75 not sure what that means. Any help is really appreciated....
[Deleted]
wondering if there is a method of working with a "smartphone" and manual or EA trading thru a broker Is this possible, and if so -- hows it done ? thnx peoples mp
[Deleted]
meta trader 4 is a great tool but unlike other my recent (or ever ) download got no NZ$/ US$ and AUS/US$ pair please help
[Deleted]
Hello there! First of all, I'm a newbie in this field! Now when that is said, the thing I'm trying to figure out here is how I could setan alert to play inside the ZigZag indicator. The alert should play when a new ZigZag line has just been created. The thing is that I don't understand when to...
The MA source code available in MetaTrader doesn't have the variable "Apply to" Does anyone have the source code with that variable included. ? Please attach the code.
i'm now running with wine, there are many problems. especially metaeditor don't work well with ime ea cannot be backtested
[Deleted]
Hi Anyone got a sample EA which is monitoring stochastic when there is negative divergence occurs in overbought/oversold zone? Thanks Thomas
  Account chart  (3)
Is there any indicator that create a M5 chart of my profit/loss of my open positions during the day? Thanks
[Deleted]
I'm about to commit what I assume to be a huge programming faux pas. Can someone out there direct me to a more layman's explanation of exactly what each function, operator, etc means? I am doing my best to learn on my own, but it's like reading in another language to me. Can someone show me a...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am completing my first EA on a simple RSI strat. My problem however is that when testing i want to be able to limit the number of open positions to a maximum of 1 (eg 1 lot) at a time. This is obviously to avoid for example the RSI dipping bellow a certain level and triggering 1 lot then...
It uses trend detection technique and adaptive digital filters to work. MM is based on history and free margin. Will answer questions via email kiri4a@gmail.com or here. Strategy Tester Report Contest Pro v5 AlpariUK-Demo (Build 211) SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)Period5 Minutes (M5) 2007.01.02...
Let's say I want to plot EURUSD+GBPJPY How do you do this? ???????????????????????? Thanks
[Deleted]
  terminal.ini  (2)
Hi! I want to save all the settings of all charts with Indies and EAs and so on. Can I copy the \config\terminal.ini and load it to another MT4 and will I see the same desktop as before ? Or what othere files should be saved to save all chart setting ? pjo
[Deleted]
Hello- I'm looking for EA programming assistance. I've put together an Expert Advisor based on a manual trading system I've developed. Unfortunately, I'm unable to verify program execution / determine if it's doing anything at all. I've also tried to execute multiple EA's developed by other users