MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1465

[Deleted]
Hello, I need help regarding esting EA in MT4. I have several EA that I would like to test with different parameters at the same time. But the problem is, that I get all the trades in same trade terminal from all EA, so I can not evaluate results of each EA setup seperately. Is there any way to...
Hello, i am searching for a good MT4-Coder. It's for some changes in aExpert Advisor. Please PM to me. Best regards, halobungie
[Deleted]
I'd like to write an EA that tracks an indicators values over all timeframes but I need to get the current values that are set on this indicator. For instance: double l_icustom_84 = iCustom(NULL, TIMEFRAME, "SMAAngle", SMAMODE, ANGLET, PREVSHIFT, 0, 0, 0). I need to get the values on SMAMODE,...
[Deleted]
Hello guys, When I test an expert advisor with strategy tester, I see the metatrader run but when it is finish it doesn't show me the results....why?? Thank you. Alessandro
[Deleted]
  EA Start() Loop  (3)
Is there any reason why a loop (like the one below) wouldn't be an effective method? My EA actively monitors a couple of indicators and then monitors active orders for trailing stop's and take profit's as well as reads/writes to multiple files. start() // Special function start()...
When using OrderModify, should you check if the value has changed before sending the stop loss adjustment? Otherwise, won't you get a lot of server traffic being sent every single tick? Is there a way to check it on pip changes instead? I have 5 decimals on my system so would rather a change every 4...
[Deleted]
The following code does not work. What is wrong? void DrawBox(datetime time1, double price1, datetime time2, double price2) { string name = "Rectangle"; ObjectCreate(name, OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0); ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_TIME1, time1); ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_TIME2, time2);...
since IBFX is now with 5 decimal places, for some reason when i declare double, the values have 4 decimal places. example Ask price: 1.31475 double askk=Ask; Comment(askk); //the comment only contains 4 decimal places, 1.3147 Is there a way to add more decimal places to a double datatype?
AccountProfit() returns total profit value of the current account. Is there a way to get profit value for only those orders created with a specific magic number ?? Thank you.
  indicator to EA  (11   1 2)
i have this indicator, and i want to add it as a function to the EA. With the EA, my CPU is always at 100%, accessing this indicator from multi time frames, and multi pairs. I was thinking of including the indicator into the EA, so that the CPU usage is lower. Below is the function i have written in...
[Deleted]
Just wondering?
i want this this turned in to an EA thanks i want it to open buy orders when the averages cross to go up and close buys when they cross to go down i want it to open sale orders when the averages cross to go down and close sales when they cross to go up also to do both these at the same time i also...
I'm trying to run a script on my demo account to open an order. The script runs but on sending the order the Journal just says script unloaded. None of my error logging prints out and the order doesn't appear. ANy ideas?
[Deleted]
I'll break down my system to make sure we are both thinking in the same way. Here it is when I do it manually: 1. At X TIME when the market starts a new trading day. I look at thePREVIOUS days HIGH and LOW. (from now at 10pm to 10pm GMT the day before) 2. I place a Buy Stop at the High about 5-10...
It seems live update has a problem with Vista. Vista asked me for administrative permission when live update started. I allowed. But the download never started. It seems it's Vista only and XP is OK. Does anyone have solution? I'm now stuck with build 220. Please help. Thanks.
[Deleted]
  free vps  (1)
Hello everyone, does anyone know where i can get a free virtual server to run my ea? someone told me it's available, but does not know where. if you know where i can get one,kindly reply. Thanks.
[Deleted]
I've run into a problem trying to change the name of function Criterion in my EA which is patterned from the usualexpert.mq4. I wanted a unique trading criteria/strategy name to differentiate it from others in the metatrader include folder. The function has been renamed in the list of include files,...
[Deleted]
Can somebody please tell me how to back test with the Strategy tester correctly? Every time it runs the test, it has zero results, zero trades. I downloaded the history files and set the expert key correctly (I believe). It doesn't give any recognizable errors in the journal. It runs the test, or so...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to keep drawing an object on a chart, with the same name, continuously? Is there a way to make the name a variable?
[Deleted]
hi, i started to do my first expert advisor, but first i had to do the indicator.... somebody can say to me whats the diffence between the indicator and the expert advisor? why i have to do the indicator first? i'm trying to do with just parabolic sar, someboby have some advice to me with that...
I want to modify existing orders when the price action has moved beyond 50 pips from the order open price. I have the following using the ticket variable of the last opened order but the strategy tester does not have any modified orders only buy and sell. ANy ideas? Would it be better to find the...
Hello, would anybody help me adjust my EA so that it will work with a 5th decimal place. I have 2 EAs that need adjusting.
I have the following if statement to be entered when the target profit is 50 pips (500 for 5 decimal systems). I can't get the value to exceed 500, am I doing something wrong with the *Point part? if (OrderType() == OP_BUY && (Bid-OrderOpenPrice())*Point >= 500 ) { //...do code } In my debugging, as...
  OrderType 0  (1)
I am debugging an EA script. WHat is ordertype 0 ? The MQL4 book only ciontains the names eg BUY for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) { OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) { Print ("OT: " +...
MQL4 gives an error with this code: ERR_NO_ERROR variable not defined. This is the code I got from the MQL4 book. void logError(string functionName, string msg, int errorCode = -1) { Print("ERROR: in " + functionName + "()"); Print("ERROR: " + msg ); int err = GetLastError();...
[Deleted]
Market condition flat or trend? Which prevails? I would like to get a reliable and well-reasoned answer to this question. There are a variety of opinions on this matter. Below are some of them in italics. Trading strategy Market prices are in constant motion. The market condition at any time can be
Hi All - I am having with the above code: for (i=0, i < TotalOrders() First thing to note is that I am using trade context code with global variables to prevent problems with trade timings and trade context errors. My code places a pending order or modifies an existing pending order immediately...
I am looking for an indicator that will provide notification when a price level has been reached that has entered by the user, thanks for your help
Is ther a way to create an fib indicator in a separate window? I would like to overlay on point and figure indicator. Is there a way to do this? I know it can be done manually but would want something more dynamic.