MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1462

[Deleted]
Would like to show information such as currency and timeframe title bar top right next to minimize, maximize and x buttons.
[Deleted]
can anybody give me a code example for how to caculate when there is a lower than previous low or double bottom ? i looked in code base but cant find an indicator for example. here is what i learn from ilowest function but dont know is it right. double prelow = ilowest(symbol(),0,mode_low,20...
can someone write a programme for me that will be closing all pending orders for me, on every particular day and particular time. please my email is lisa_elison@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Hi fellow traders/programmers, I would realy like to have a script made that tells me via text message or email when it's time to trade accouring to my rules. therefore I think I need a script that compares to simple moving averages (close) and it must give an allert when this happens via a text
[Deleted]
I am looking for a coder who can convert our strategies and indicators from TradeStation 8.4 to MT4. Please let me know if anyone have ever done so. if you are a coder send me your contact at asia8888@gmail.com
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i'm new to mql4 and would need a little bit help on a simple script. what i want is to find the lowest price & highest price between 1pm GMT - 5pm GMT, and enter a long position 50 pips above the high, or enter a short position 50 pips below the low. i know it may only take several lines of...
can anybody tell me why this code doesnt work ? as i can see i followed all the rules to create an ea. double   prerange2 = iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,2) - iClose(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,2);double   prerange1 = iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,1) - iClose(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,1); double   currange = iHigh(Symbol()...
[Deleted]
  Script wanted  (1)
Hello all, Does anyone here know of a script that can loop through all the currency pairs and capture the data window information of the last closed candle and export each pairs' data to excel? TIA Darc
  MQL4 Lib  (3)
Hi, I'm new to MQL4, I'm using metastock currently which comes with very rich librarysuch as LLV-LowestLowValue, PeakBarsAgo etc. Does MQL4 come with this kind of libfor downloading or we have to develop it. Regards, Toyogo
[Deleted]
I'm using this indicator to identify trends. I would like to use the values from multiple timeframes to give me a clear picture as to the short-term vs long-term positions. Getting the value is easy; the problem is that the min/max values are not fixed so the value could be bullish (green) on one...
[Deleted]
I would like to know how to avoid the famous "130:iinvalid stops" error. Thank you in advance.
Well... after about 9 months of intensive programming it finally looks like I've succeeded with a signalling system that really works. This "unreal" graph is a backtest result. But after two weeks of forward testing on demo the preliminary results are fully inline with the back tests... getting...
[Deleted]
Hello, MACD Sample can work when I run in Tester. I changed its name to MACD Sample_1 which is not work in Tester. I don't know why it happened. Could anyone can explain that reason? Thank you in advance. szfishing
if i use a universal EMA setting some thing like this extern double ShortEma = 15; extern double LongEma = 35; extern int TakeProfit=750; extern int TrailingStop=100; extern int StopLoss = 100; extern int MAMode1 = 0; // 0=SMA 1=EMA 2=Smoothed 3=Linear Weighted - EMA rules (usually) on...
Today, I updated MT4 to the latest version (build 222) and noticed that the predefined variable "Point" returns 0 when using a sub-pip broker (such as United World Capital, which is the default demo broker in 222 build). MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT) also returns 0. As as result, any code that...
[Deleted]
Hi I have created some code (from Period_converter_opt.mq4) to generate a HST file which is the differnce between to lines). However, I find that when the difference goes -ve MT4 treats the data as invalid and refuses to display it and indeed removes it from the HST file. Is anyone aware of this
[Deleted]
hi folks, i have a question on backtesting: what is the time frame and minimum number of orders to be backtested before you consider the code for testing on a life demo account? Do you consider a wider market structure over the back-testing period: for instance since second half 2007 the makret are...
Now after reading one of the neighboring forum threads I finally got the idea in my head that I'm working on the wrong thing and thinking "in the wrong direction". I have already programmed a dozen or two EAs based on various indicators and trading systems available on the Internet. All to no avail
[Deleted]
I have custom indicators I use right now that I want to attach to charts, and then utilize information from the custom indicators to guide an expert advisor with automated trading. How do I pull in variables from custom indicators into an EA to use for automated trading?
in the following code i am trying to draw an arrow on the cci 8 change but i think i am doing something wrong, but can't figure it out help //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| custom_cci.mq4 | //|...
[Deleted]
Is there an indicator code that places mMMLs automatically within the MMLs? If so, where might I find it? If not, how do I go about using editor to write the program? I have never used it before. Thanks! Tom
[Deleted]
Hi all, plz, add 1 simple ma, period 3 for this indicator and when they cross,the alert will pop up with sound and information about the pair. sorry,not 3 sma, but only 1 sma, period 3 I attach the indicator. Thank you in advance.
[Deleted]
I'm very interesting in this indicator, especially the color between the faseMA and the SlowMA. But the bad news is that I'm not good at program, so if you have this indicator or you can make a program of it, please share it to me. The picture is the sample, the other is the MACD I'm in used. The
[Deleted]
Hello. I've written a number of Expert Advisors, but writing an Indicator is different (apparently). I can't my indicator to produce output except for the last 4 (rightmost - most recent) bars. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, I just can see it. I've posted the code below. Will somebody please...
Firs sorry for my bad English.. Now i need some script to chek, is there open orders. Something like this: if (OrderType()>1) { .... } or MagigNumber, Order ticket... I don't know, and while i have this problem, i can't see the final ideia of EA. So please can somebady help me... please..
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, First of all, I want to thank you all for contributing on this fine forum. I'm writing my own EA, but I still haven't mastered mql4... this problem is very easy to solve for a beginner coder :) : The idea of this function is not to trade, when last trade was closed with a loss: so a()=0 -...
Hello, How can we code a Macd and Stochastic Cross into an Expert Advisor. For example, if we have the Macd and the Stochastic in a same window and that we want to open an order when the Macd signal goes over/under the Stochactic main ? I have studied arrays but i don't see how we can do it
[Deleted]
If 2 or more data points in a range have the same highest price or lowest price for the range, will the newest bar be returned?
[Deleted]
  Wininet pop up  (3)
Hi everyone, I need your help to understand something. Why on earth when I use this file "s_wininet.mq4", I have 4 pop up asking for my authorization to use the different wininet functions and when I use FFCal.mq4, I don't have any pop up while it's using the same functions ?? Thanks for your help....
Notice to Members I-09-10 April 13, 2009 Effective Date of NFA Requirements Regarding Forex Orders NFA has received notice that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has approved new NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 regarding forex orders. The prohibition on carrying offsetting transactions will be...