Are there any brokers use MT4 and allow trading stocks and stock index futures??

thanks.

bondtrader:
thanks.

broco.

but it's not real stocks or futures - only cfds...

well, that's a sorry. I really like the MQL4 language and its platform. then i have to confine to Currency pairs.

However, another interesting exploration within MT4 is, can i import more data and more symbols, and test my strategies with these symbols and data that MT4 doesnt have?

because i only have EAs in MT4, and have just gotten familiar with this tool, i dont want to expand to other platforms.

Broco is pretty good for data, on a beginner level. Don't expect too much data quality though. Since it's not real futures or stocks, data will be similar to the market data but not the same. I think it has more than 200 symbols. It's good for retail EAs, but remember backtesting works only for single asset EAs in MT4.

My advice is to learn it well, MT5 will be far more powerful.

well, yes, Broco is a broker, the best in Russia. I've tried it, works not bad. Thanks.

You also mentioned about the availability of multiple symbol EAs, does that mean that i can't backtest multiple symbols within one EA, or i can't trade multiple symbols within one EA? The answer of the question is quite important, because i cant backtest the diversification of a portfolio, if i cant backtest multiple symbols. thanks a lot for your answer.

You can trade as many assets as you want with an EA. However, only single-asset EAs can be backtested with MT4. If you attempt to run the backtester on multiasset EA will simply not work.

ok, that's not a good news. Hope further improvement will include this. tks.
Reason: