MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1461

Hi, I’m watching the NormalizeDouble function. I know that the function, with 2 digits, works as follow: 0.017 is rounded to 0.02. Is there the possibility to round the number to the lowest level? If the number is 0.017 I’d like to round to 0.01. Thank you!
[Deleted]
I want to filter orders on an ea with whether macd is up or down. I have tried the below. How do I fix it? double Macdcurrent; Macdcurrent=iMACD(NULL,0,12,50,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0); if (Macdcurrent<0){ if (!ExistPositions()){//2 if (PS){//3 OpenSell(); return(0); }//2 } Thanks for any help
[Deleted]
is there somewhere a free library of scripts? for instance a script to go over all currency pairs and find those touching RSI limits?
[Deleted]
Hi: I just installed Meta Trader on one of my systems and found that MetaEditor hangs while trying to compile a very simple MQ4 file. The system is a Windows Vista 64 system with an Intel Core2 Quad CPU. The system has 8GB of RAM. Other (non metatrader) tools work just fine. The process just seems...
[Deleted]
Hi Folks: Is it possible to compile ex4 files without going into the MetaEditor GUI? I typically use a different editor (emacs) for ex4 code development but I can't compile it without running the MetaEditor GUI. This is a lot of overhead for a simple compile step so I was wondering whether there was...
Hi, I was backtesting mi EA on MT4, results were pretty good. Yesterday evening I dowloaded data from the history center...now results (with SAME SETTINGS and on the SAME PERIODS) of backtesting are completely different!!! Four main questions: 1 - How can this be possible? 2 - someone of you had the...
[Deleted]
I would greatly appreciate any help anybody could give me on my EA. I am having a problem with the SendMail function, I receive the e-mail but for order open price I receive 0.0000. The other problem I am having is the OrderClose function is not closing the order. I've tried several solutions with...
[Deleted]
I try to run mt4 but it display pop up: "An internal exception occured (Address:0x81fc09) Please, contact support@oreans.com. Thank You!" i looked at task manager and find no problem... is it comes from metatrader 4 itself ? Anybody had the same experience ?
[Deleted]
I placed ATR on my chart with 18 periods. Then I drug Moving Average onto this indicator window, set it to 2 periods, and then told it to apply it to "Previous Indicator's Data". I want to use the gap between these 2 lines in EA logic, but I cannot figure out how to code the 2-bar MA of ATR in the...
Okay, I have made a lot of functions in my ea. I cannot simply remember all my functions with their specific parameters, constants, and et cetera... You know how metaeditor gives quick hints on internal functions. I want metaeditor to remind me of my own functions with their parameters. How do I do...
[Deleted]
Please help me to design a custom indicator or point to one like this, that shows when 1)the current bar high is greater than the previous bar high and the current bar close is higher than the previous bar close and 2)the current bar low is lower than the previous bar low and the current bar close...
To the Meta Quotes Programmers: I dont know what the hell is going on with you guys, but build 223 has a major glitch with the strategy back tester. I down load the data from the history folder, and then notice that there is 13 days of missing data April 3 - 13/2009. Then If refresh the chart, I...
[Deleted]
Hi, I need to make a code to convert candles into a wave pattern, the input will be the candles, and output would be the lines joining short term tops & bottoms, just like in this picture http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/kernu11/waves.png What method should i use ? Names, links, ideas,...
What are the best ways to get free: - IFR Forex Watch - Thomson Reuters streaming news - Dow Jones Newswires FX Select
Hi, today I started MT4 (223) the first time on my new notebook with Windows 7 beta 64 Bit. At first MT4 shows me the (custom) indicators and experts from the folder: C:\Users\cas\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators But then I couldn't get a login to get...
[Deleted]
I've setup stop losses based on FibRetracement. Once the price goes below the Fib100 line this new SL should be set: OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),Ask+MyPoint*FibRetracement(2),OrderTakeProfit(),0,Red); The problem is that the SL was set ABOVE the Bid which is wrong. Any ideas?
  My EA's Trades  (1)
Uses 55 Moving Average and RSI . Login : 753329 Password : 4dcgwxy Server : AlpariUK-Demo When : Sunday 11.00pm (GMT) to Thursday 11:59pm (GMT) Symbols : EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF Timeframe : 1M mark.johnson.uk@o2.co.uk
if the MetaQuotes-Demo server can proviede USD index, that can hope us very very good! the USD index is not very complex,we hope the MT4 can do this in the next update. Many thanks. ps:what i mean is not the MT company provide a indicator, but provide an symbol,such as EURUSD,the symbol is "USDX"
[Deleted]
Hi, everyone! I have an opportunity to run some huge computation task on a Linux High-performance computation GRID. If I could run MetaTrader 4 tester optimization it would be superb!! But there is a catch- the GRID only runs non-interactive programs. It means NO WINDOWS, or running in background,...
What softwere can I use to create and read dll? Best Regards,
I have been drilling every where to find a solution to this... Scenario: I want to have user input that will provide a start time and end time for a range of time. Then get the GMT for both. Next I need to get the server time and get the GMT for this (already done). Finally, I need specify my...
[Deleted]
Would like to show information such as currency and timeframe title bar top right next to minimize, maximize and x buttons.
[Deleted]
can anybody give me a code example for how to caculate when there is a lower than previous low or double bottom ? i looked in code base but cant find an indicator for example. here is what i learn from ilowest function but dont know is it right. double prelow = ilowest(symbol(),0,mode_low,20...
can someone write a programme for me that will be closing all pending orders for me, on every particular day and particular time. please my email is lisa_elison@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Hi fellow traders/programmers, I would realy like to have a script made that tells me via text message or email when it's time to trade accouring to my rules. therefore I think I need a script that compares to simple moving averages (close) and it must give an allert when this happens via a text
[Deleted]
I am looking for a coder who can convert our strategies and indicators from TradeStation 8.4 to MT4. Please let me know if anyone have ever done so. if you are a coder send me your contact at asia8888@gmail.com
[Deleted]
Hi guys, i'm new to mql4 and would need a little bit help on a simple script. what i want is to find the lowest price & highest price between 1pm GMT - 5pm GMT, and enter a long position 50 pips above the high, or enter a short position 50 pips below the low. i know it may only take several lines of...
can anybody tell me why this code doesnt work ? as i can see i followed all the rules to create an ea. double   prerange2 = iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,2) - iClose(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,2);double   prerange1 = iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,1) - iClose(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,1); double   currange = iHigh(Symbol()...
[Deleted]
  Script wanted  (1)
Hello all, Does anyone here know of a script that can loop through all the currency pairs and capture the data window information of the last closed candle and export each pairs' data to excel? TIA Darc
  MQL4 Lib  (3)
Hi, I'm new to MQL4, I'm using metastock currently which comes with very rich librarysuch as LLV-LowestLowValue, PeakBarsAgo etc. Does MQL4 come with this kind of libfor downloading or we have to develop it. Regards, Toyogo