Hiding EA´s name in MT4 platform

Hi: as you all might know, when you move the mouse pointer to “Account History” tab of the metatrader platform, the name of the EA is displayed. Insert image to better identify.

Is there any code, or any other way, to hide this name display feature, or better off, to modify it to display a different name?

Thank you all.

FP

I beg to differ, what you have in your screenshot is the ticket number and the MagicNumber of the order followed by the Order Comment

This shows in the 'tooltip' when Comments are not opted to show in the main grid

When Comments are enabled to show (they appear as the right-most column), the tooltip then just shows the MagicNumber of the order

The Comment may be the same as the EA name (often is) but is not required to be, depends on the programmed value sent to OrderSend(), so your coder could change it

But.. what is the problem with it?
-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

FP

I beg to differ, what you have in your screenshot is the ticket number and the MagicNumber of the order followed by the Order Comment

This shows in the 'tooltip' when Comments are not opted to show in the main grid

When Comments are enabled to show (they appear as the right-most column), the tooltip then just shows the MagicNumber of the order

The Comment may be the same as the EA name (often is) but is not required to be, depends on the programmed value sent to OrderSend(), so your coder could change it

But.. what is the problem with it?
-BB-

The problem is if I manage someone elses account in my virtual server, i want to prevent the account owner from identyfing the name of the bots trading. These are commercial bots so I can not recode them. I need to find out if there is a solution configured through the platform. Thanks.

Ahhhh...

There's no way of hiding these if the other party has an MT connection

So...

1) Change master and investor passwords

2) Open an account at http://www.mt4stats.com/

3) Enable Publishing in Tools/Options and push the results to that website

4) Give the account owner the private link to the results page on the website

The results published this way are anonimised for account number & name and the Comments are stripped out :)

If they have signed a PoA for you then just go for it, otherwise it's a matter of... negotiation

In any case, you definitely do not want any chance of the owner trading the account!

FWIW

BB changing the problem again, rather than answering the question ;)

Reason: