MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1435

[Deleted]
The performance and excellence of many expert advisor as been long and well attested to by many professional traders. deleted by Rosh
[Deleted]
hello, below is a script, and can anyone help convert this to indicator? thanks // Output OHLCV history for surrent pair/symbol int start() { string fname = Symbol() + "," + Period() + ".csv"; int handle = FileOpen(fname, FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ","); if (handle>0) { for(int i=0;...
I trade a lot of pairs and want to duplicate the open charts in a different directory. Normally I'd have to open the platform and then tediously add all the charts. But I'm sure if I re-install MT4 in a different directory and just copy the right folder from the previous directory it'll display all...
If there is a live order pool with 100 orders, 50 are short, 50 are long. How is it possible to find the most distant opened order? If analyzing the 50 short orders, which order has the smallest open price. If analyzing 50 long orders, which order has the largest open price. I was thinking of...
[Deleted]
If you are a pro-coder and interested in helping to convert my simple TradeStation code over to MQ for the share please let me know... Else, if you know of some resources that would help as such, much appreciated...
Hi Friends, I am completely new. I am trying to get my head around Volume. I am so far given to understand that Volume is number of ticks / bar and if that is so, should'nt I expect the volume value at a particular bar on the 10 minute chart to be roughly twice the volume value for the preceding 2...
hi please help me if i have one expert that active in multiple different symbol, how i can use one variable that is common between all symbol that use my expert and how all expert in symbols could read and write to this common variable ? thanks please help me
Hi, I've just updated to build224. When I want to compile/recompile anEA in the editor, it says 0 errors, 0 warnings, but does not make anex4 file. It is running on a VPS, Win Server 2003, with full administrative rights. When I run "metalang.exe" in a command window, it doesn't even write the usual...
[Deleted]
I want to have an EA draw a line on a chart from from the low priced bar to the high priced bar over a specific number of bars. I then want a box drawn (width would be time from low price to high price, and height would be the actual change in price). The biggest thing I need help with is simply...
Hi all, Can anybody help me how to show two currency pairs (EURUSD & EURJPY) in one chart overlaping eachother? Thank you BR /Shad_61
[Deleted]
  Server time  (3)
Hi all, New user to MetaTrader [and don't have a clue about programming it!!], but my server time is wrong. How do I alter it? Many thanks, Rob
[Deleted]
Dear All, This is Wizard and I am a newbie in the MQL4, Actually, It looks like that it is easy to learn, but I am a little bit confused with MQL4 logic..........I do not know ..... Anyways, I just wanted to ask a simple question, I want to create a simple program that checks whether the specified
[Deleted]
Hi! I use this indicator but the sound alert does not work. Would you help me? Thanks!
so if you have an indicator that is made of other (iCustom) indi's signals, A,B & C, which are boolean (only 1/0 values). And I want this for result, which type of loop should I use If none of the 3 (A,B,C) is =1 and all 3 are = 0 then result is 0 1 of the 3 (A or B or C) is =1 and the other 2 are...
Hello, I have a question on what to expect from the upcoming summer holiday season. Last year we experienced crazy conditions in the forex market during summer time, but what has been the norm throughout the years? I'm asking since I'm a bit uncertain whether I should put my EA's to rest or let them...
[Deleted]
  quality of model  (1)
hi guys..... only a clarification : when i launch the optimization, on the right appear the quality of the model ( the maximun i have seen is 90% ). what's this??? sometimes i have 86-87 % but never 100%. it's enough or not?? thanks Giulio
  xtreme EURGBP  (11   1 2)
Hi XtremeEURGBP is using. The broker is investtechfx. www.investtechfx.com ...error... Error open Buy order : Wrong foot Is there an evasion method? The backing test moves normally. BsetRegards
Hi I was trying to add a time based condition to my EA. I wanted to identify the the last "time" when a pair crossed a particluar Bid/Ask price. Eg: Time1=Last Time when the pair went below Bid 1.32501, Time2= Last Time when the pair went above Bid 1.32855. How to code this. Please help me. Regards...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I'm a novice programmer in MQL4. I want information about how the bars are formed on the chart. I'm using Bar chart. also I want to develop a code that detect a signal change i.e. blue dot changes to red or red changes to blue. Please reply.
[Deleted]
If I place the above indicator on the chart and then try to use the object shape Rectangle it shuts almost as soon as I put it on if I take the indicator off it works fine Any of you clever guys got any ideas as both thes features I find useful many thanks reldas123
I have an indicator that highlights various turning point highs and lows using arrow symbols (namely wingding symbols 140 through 145 with varying widths). Fairly often one or more of these objects will overlap and so in such cases I offset them by some factor. For example, if on a 1 minute chart...
  hysteresis  (1)
Hi, if you want to apply the principle of a thermostat, (switch on the heat if the temperature drops below a low level, switch off if temperature goes above a high level) -it's called hysteresis- to avoid switching on and off multiple times in a row if the indicator is close to the threshold, how...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to figure out the best way to have a program recognize the peaks and valleys on most charts? Are there any completed indicators that already identify the high points and low points in a chart over a specific period of time? The problem is how to determine what the time period is for it...
I am interested in trading at a specific time and want to set my indicators to alert me when the market presents certain situations. how do I program the following indicators bulls bears RSI Stochastic (does anyone know how to program bullsnbears 4xtraffic?) Also how do I see where liquidity is
[Deleted]
  csv question  (4)
Ok i setup my indicator to write some data to a csv file. Now I thought csv files were comma separated files but when i open up the files in word i see these special square blocks separating the fields. So I opened it up in notepad++ and that had the fields seperated by NUL character. When i try
[Deleted]
Please help. I just want to put classic pivot points into MetaTrader. I don't want to understand how pivot points are calculated. I just want to see the pivot lines in MetaTrader whenever I fire it up. I want to see three S lines, one middle line, and three R lines. I have spent several days...
Hi there: How do I change the color of candles based on an indicator/oscillator value thatis in a separate window? I cannot find any documentation that allows me to accessthe color property of a particular price bar or candle. I want to change the colorof the candle if, for example, my stochastic...
I have develop a indicator and want to present you. My english is not so good for explanation, so just download and trie it if you want.
Hi Guys, I wanted to hear some suggestions on how I might go about programming this I idea I have. I've created an EA that opens trades using stochastics as entry signal and alligator as trend indicator.. My logic trades based on candle data, and I want to limit my trade window to only the first 1
is their a code or somthing to help if people try to decode your ea? or that will protect it from people seeing how its made?