MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1567

[Deleted]
  New to board  (1)
Hi everyone, After 4 1/2 years and many ea's I'm still searching for one that works. I never realozed the number of scammers out there. They show fancy cars and houses and the money just rolling in. Fact of the matter is, they do succeed, in taking your money and running! I believe there is an ea...
[Deleted]
  two monitors  (3)
Hello, I instaled MT4 terminal,everithing is working good. But I have a problem when I try to use 2 monitors simultenios-each for diferent curency pair.Can I make this with MT4 or not.Any ideas?Thank you!
[Deleted]
Hi Pip makers, I have found a simple way to use the FREE Gmail SMTP server to send MetaTrader Mail alerts: 1) To ANY email address on this planet 2) To your mobile It just needs two code files to put in an...
I am new to Stock trading as well as Forex trading. For the last 10 years and more, I've had an online business and it takes all my time. I miss being a programmer myself but it's one of those things I could never get around sticking with. For last couple years I've been thinking a lot about having...
Hi all, who helps me? I have a question: I have created this scanner that plays at the end of the formation doji, but it also plays the same alarm in the following candle. Who tells me where it is wrong? I would want that it played an only time at the end of the doji and enough, without repeating. I...
[Deleted]
This thread is dedicated to back testing. If anyone has concrete methodology, pleasepost it here. This is what i know: To get high quality test results, i.e. model quality of 90%, then 1M data have to be imported into metatrader. Alpari-idc,has a data bank with MT4 compatible data. First download...
[Deleted]
I had created an EA that works well with FCMs that use 4 digits following the decimal point on price quotes i.e. gbpusd. However the EA does not work correctly with FCMs i.e. Tradeview who use 5 digits following the decimal point. How can this be fixed?
Hi, I want to play day by day using " numberoflosspostoday" or your function "DayOfYear", in order to stop my EA if it loses some pips or trades by day. And I can control the loss possible in the settings.Then it restart the next day... I have try to put the function" numberoflosspostoday"...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have an EA working with several pairs at the same time. And just quote receipt when there is a change in the torque where it is attached EA. What I do to receive quotations continuously? forgiveness by the syntax, I write in Spanish gone through a translator. A greeting. Thank you...
Hi, currently, I am searching for a convenient way of two-way communication between an MT4 script and a javaProgram which is started by the script using ShellExecute(). The design should be appropriate for small size messages, not only really short status messages but also like 40 words messages. I...
[Deleted]
does anyone know if an EA must have MQL4 file and EX.4 too ? I have only EX.4 and it doesn't work on MT and I dont find the reason . when I downloaded a free EA there was no problem since it has an MQL4 file. thanks in advenced ron.
New article Comfortable Scalping is published: The article describes the method ofcreating a tool for comfortable scalping. However, such an approach totrade opening can be applied in any trading. Author: Eryomin Sergey
[Deleted]
Hi! Is there a way in which I can use the existing indicators (and custom ones) whereby I can do a stochastic (7 bar fastD preferred) of the Ergodic and/or TSI Osc? I have attempted to do this without new programming and have not been able to make it happen. Since I'm very new to MQL4...my skills
[Deleted]
Hola i want to close my position only if i'm in gain is this possible? where i wrong? for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)     {      //Seleziono quell'ordine      OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);      if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL &&   // check for opened position         OrderSymbol()==Symbol())  //...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to flag orders once they are placed so that my EA will handle some orders differently then others? I want my EA to be able to place an order, and once it has reached a set take profit level, flag it somehow. Then later have the EA search the open orders for this flag. I thought I...
  Any successful automations?  (12   1 2)
I would like to ask if anyone has successful EA's that generate a 20% or better. Trying to find a good existing EA is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I would like to see a listing of EA's that I can test out on back testing and demo runs. If you have something that is working and would be...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I would like to know your experience in live accounts about execution time of orders made through an EA. I'm testing an EA in three different brokers. Two of them no problem so far, the third one is giving me some trouble with a server busy error once in a while, so I wonder how your...
How can I get a script that will execute buy and sell orders from alerts made by my indicator?
[Deleted]
What's the best way to export MT4 statement results to a database? Unfortunately, the magic number and comments fields appear on separate lines from the rest of the trade transaction, so, just copying/pasting from a Web browser to a spreadsheet isn't sufficient
Hi All Attempting to master or at least get proficienti at MQL4 ...not easy! Is there a master list of compiler error messages which explains their meaning? Also is there an overall index for the site/documentaion/Olegs book. I'm finding it really frustrating to find specific items, particularly...
[Deleted]
Hi there, i am pretty new to coding in MQL4 and tried to create a test-EA to check some things up. (I have a huge amount of crapcode in between the interesting parts, which i  will cut out - only the parts that have effect on the variables are posted :) ) extern int StopLossTolerance=10;...
  module / include  (7)
Hi, till now, one of my scripts imported several ex4 modules written by myself but today I wondered why I am doing this... I mean, is it important for code protection? AFAIK, you could just publish the one big compiled ex4 module which includes all the other mqh's...Till now, I had to publish the...
HI, I would like to insert in my expert advisor a DAILY LIMIT LOSS (different from a stoploss used by the trade committed). Idea underlying permit to lose a few pips per day to EA, it stops during the day when it overpass this limit, then it starts again the next day. How to codify the language...
[Deleted]
Can anyone help me how to execute an EA on receiving an email alert. I am struggling for many days but no success sofar. Can one one help? Thanks,
This is a Simple Moving Average EA with a Market Timer and a MACD filter. I can only get the filter to work in one direction and the filter input needs to be able to go down to .1
This is a very simple Ea that trades on the direction of the last bar. Preliminary back tests don't look too bad but some of the programming is kind of rough. Just wondering if there are any programmers who might be interested in taking a look at it and contribute to polishing it up a bit. Seems to...
Has anyone had any good experiences (show profit) with an automatic forex trading system?
[Deleted]
I'm searching and not finding the documentation for all of the errors that are generated. For example, I'm getting an Error: 4109 while running a script to close all orders at one broker and don't get the error running the same script at two other MT4 brokers. Where is there a listing of these...
[Deleted]
Hi there - i am wondering if anyone can help. I am new to MT4 and totally fresh to programming (wouldn't know where to start). I used to use GCI Trading and they have a great feature on the Chart Window. When you enter into a position - the following happens on the Chart screen which makes it VERY...
How to find total number of symbols traded. eg. I am trading buy and sell GBPUSD , EURUSD, EURJPY and USDJPY and I want this to return total of 4 pairs traded. Anyone know