pricing - page 23

Are you kidding me? :)

Avals >> :

Are you kidding me? :)

No, I'm a teacher.

price-education

Education is a purposeful cognitive activity of people to acquire knowledge, skills, or to improve them.

AlexEro >> :

It's obvious that "there could be a lot". Where is the list of reasons, ranked by importance and volume?

There won't be one, there's no need for such a list. There is a reason (whatever it is) - the person does the operation, if he needs it, and that's it. The prices will be jumping )) supply and demand.

Tired of waiting, buys, just want to buy - buys, and you have everything tied to the root accounts - you see everything from a different angle. (Even if you take away the limits and so on from the feed accounts) the price will move anyway.

Mark Twain:

"I had a feeling about that for some reason," said the venerable old man, putting on his glasses and looking at me rather sternly over his glasses. He folded the paper more comfortably. - I should like to read to you the lines which gave me this feeling. This particular editorial. Listen and tell me, did you write it?

"Brucobs should not be torn by hand, it spoils them. It's better to send a boy to climb a tree and gently shake it."

Well, what do you think of that? Didn't you write it, as far as I know?

- What do I think? I think it's good. I think it makes sense. There's no doubt that in our county alone millions of bushels of rutabagas are lost because they're ripped unripe, and if you sent a boy to shake a tree...

- Shake your grandmother! The rutabaga doesn't grow on the tree!

- Oh, no, it doesn't? Well, who says it does? It has to be understood in the figurative sense, exclusively in the figurative sense. Anyone who knows anything about business will know that I meant "shake the bush".

Then the elderly man jumped up, tore the paper to shreds, stomped on it, smashed a few objects with a stick, shouted that I knew no more about farming than a cow, and ran out of the office, slamming the door hard. In general, he behaved in a way that made me think he was displeased about something."

We've already got two of them here, you'll be the third. Just stick to your theme, like maxims and budimir, then you'll be recognised as a local landmark.

AlexEro писал(а) >>

Mark Twain:

And everyone thought he was the old man and his opponent was the brainless scribbler.:-)

21.08.2009 17:30

Forex could be split into two tiers

http://news.finance.ua/ru/~/1/0/all/2009/08/21/169173

A leading player in the foreign exchange market is calling for banks that do not trade foreign exchange through the central risk management system CLS to be shut off from making transactions at better prices, the Financial Times reports.

Zar Amrolia, head of international currency trading at Deutsche Bank, believes that a two-tier currency trading system may well become a reality as many banks are overestimating their risks in the credit crisis. "There is a need to link settlement risks to all the prices they put up," the banker told the publication. - "Banks that trade only among themselves, without the involvement of CLS banks, are either mispricing settlement risks or relying on the word of honour of their partners, which is even worse.

Central banks and regulators have long been concerned that the $3 trillion daily foreign exchange market represents one of the biggest sources of settlement risk. Since 2002, an increasing number of transactions - up to 95% - have been conducted through CLS Bank, a risk-management system owned by major financial institutions and controlled by the U.S. Federal Reserve. Almost all major banks use the system, but smaller banks are reluctant to participate because of subscription costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLS_Bank

Continuous Linked Settlement is a process by which a number of the world's largest banks manage settlement of foreign exchange amongst themselves (and their customers and other third-parties). The process is managed by CLS Group Holdings AG and its subsidiary companies and include a settlement bank regulated by the Federal Reserve Board of New York. The Group was formed in 1997 and the settlement system has been operational since 2002.[1] As of February 2009[update], there were 73 shareholders and 62 settlement members as well as 4,576 third-party participants (411 banks, corporates and non-bank financial institutions and 4,165 investment funds) that participate in the system.

Since it began operations, CLS has rapidly become the market-standard for foreign exchange settlement between major banks, and as of 17 September 2008 (2008 -09-17)[update], it settled 1,554,166 instructions a day in 17 currencies (which represent some 95% of global foreign exchange trading) and with a gross value of US$8.6 trillion (or about 1,300 U.S. dollars on that day for every person on the Earth). This new record exceeded the previous record of about US$ 1,148,000 million, and is the first time in history when the volume of payment instructions settled in one day has exceeded 1.5 million.

On a specific trade, a specific person, no global laws of price formation have any importance whatsoever.

Dear "traders", do not deceive yourselves. Look at the roots, i.e., only look at the behavior of the price, without getting hung up on

You are not interested in the global-fundamental-news stuff.

Reason: