quotes are 2 digits on my pc, 3 on vps

Hi,

I ran 2 MT4s. One is on my personal pc, and the other is on a vps.

I used the same MT4 provided by ibfx. I also opened 2 demo accounts using ibfx.

how come the quotes on my pc are of 2 digits, while it is 3 on the vps?

how do we handle this in our ea?

Not sure why it's different but as far as the EA is concerned you can use Digits and Point to figure out how to handle your calculations. For example:

extern double StopLossInPIPs = 50;

if(Digits == 3 || Digits == 5) StopLossInPIPs *= 10;

OR

if(Point == 0.001 || Point == 0.00001) StopLossInPIPs *= 10;

What I also like to do is add a point_compat variable. I start it off with 1 and if the above is true, I change it to 10. This way I can use point_compat with every other calculation to make sure it's going to work across 4-5 digit brokers. For example:

int point_compat = 1;

if(Digits == 3 || Digits == 5) point_compat = 10;

double SpreadInPoints = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

double SpreadInPIPs = SpreadInPoints / point_compat; //if it's a 4 digit broker, it will divide by 1 and remain the same

Jon

Archael wrote >>

Not sure why it's different but as far as the EA is concerned you can use Digits and Point to figure out how to handle your calculations. For example:

extern double StopLossInPIPs = 50;

if(Digits == 3 || Digits == 5) StopLossInPIPs *= 10;

OR

if(Point == 0.001 || Point == 0.00001) StopLossInPIPs *= 10;

What I also like to do is add a point_compat variable. I start it off with 1 and if the above is true, I change it to 10. This way I can use point_compat with every other calculation to make sure it's going to work across 4-5 digit brokers. For example:

int point_compat = 1;

if(Digits == 3 || Digits == 5) point_compat = 10;

double SpreadInPoints = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

double SpreadInPIPs = SpreadInPoints / point_compat; //if it's a 4 digit broker, it will divide by 1 and remain the same

Jon

Thanks Jon.

I will let it go for now as IBFX said that although the demo servers are of 2 types (2 and 3 digit quote servers), their production (real) servers are of fixed 2 digit quotes. I appreciate it. I didnt think about this till I deployed to an apparently 3 digit demo server, and my EA acted abnormally.

Reason: