MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1357

[Deleted]
............ it's driving me nuts!! lol hi guys n gals firstly, this is my very first post on the forum so may i wish you a happy new year to all, and all the very best for the coming year! my name is michael and i'm pretty new to programming in mql4. i'm enjoying it immensly and generally i've...
  expert based on Elliott Wave Theory  (120   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
Good afternoon. There is an interesting strategy, I ask for help in writing an expert and preparing it for the championship. I will not be sending any "preliminary reading" materials by post. All details, including payment, I'm ready to discuss at a personal meeting. Geographically I live in Moscow
How can I change the color of an indicator that appears on the chart, thru an EA. For example: mediumEma = iMA(NULL,0,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); longEma = iMA(NULL,0,55,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); both appear in red color. Regards Andreas
[Deleted]
Hi fxwin, Interesting combination. Please send it ingenierofx@hotmail.com Thank you very much.
[Deleted]
I am trying to write an indiactor that wil plot a horizonal lines at the past DAILY Average High and Low points on the chart. I have no background or idea how to write this. I have looked at mant indicators on the forum to try to get an idea but, I get confused I am not sure how to wite in code take...
[Deleted]
i need help if this indicators can add into metastock software if not possible pl tell me
[Deleted]
  For EA  (1)
Results look pretty good. Please send it to me: yjl1950@yahoo.com.cn and I'll run some history test. Thanks.
[Deleted]
When I compare the MT4 Least Squares Moving Average to Tradestation's Linear Regression Curve, they are certainly the same formula. However, the MT4 indicator has some nice red/green/yellow color coding which I like a lot. My Tradestation indicator is just one color. If you look at the MT4 Least...
Just published MQLmagazine 's december edition.
[Deleted]
Hi, I have been trying all day to upload various other indicators into my meta trader platform and each time I have been unsuccessful! I would really appreciate any help with this matter, thank you. TULU
Hello. I have been trying to modify the code with iHighest with no luck. I'm trying to find the highest point between 2 specific times (example: highest price between 1200 - 1700) - not last "x" bars, etc. Once it identifies the highest price, I'm trying to get it to draw a horizontal line making...
[Deleted]
Hi All i am trying to place orders OP_SELLSTOP at hour() higher than the current price and OP_BUYSTOP lower than current price in an EA. double down = Open[0]-400*Point; double up = Open[0]+400*Point; Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,ILots,down,Slippage,SL,TP,EAName,Magic,0,Blue);...
[Deleted]
Is-it possible to do the following : For example, on a GBPUSD H1 chart, instead of 13:00 to 14:00 bars, I would like to have 13:02 to 14:02, etc... How can I set up a shift like this ? Thanks
[Deleted]
Is that very simple? But can't do that. Please help me. Many thanks. I have try with this: Alert("OpenD1: ", Open[0]," HighD1: ", High[0]," LowD1: ", Low[0], " CloseD1: ", Close[0]); And back test it with: (From 2009.01.01 to 2009.12.20) - Period: Daily - Model: + Every tick...
Hi Everyone! So I've been using the shell32.dll to execute .exe files for my EA.. It works fine, however, I can't use it in tester because as soon as the EA fires off the command, it proceeds with the rest of the script.. is there a way to make tester pause from setting off the next tick until all
Hi, I want to programm an EA, which only open a new order when the close price of the candle matches my requirements. How can I programm it, that the EA has only to look at the close time of the actual candle or at the start time from the following. I hope you can understand my problem and give me a...
[Deleted]
Hi to all! My name's Luca; I've got a big problem; HMA EA works well but I have to put it on a CENT account; My cent account has a limit -broker limit- of 100 lots for each order, in cent account 100 lots = 1 standard lot = 100000 usd So can you change in "hma ea.mq4" the maximun lot for each order...
  ticks.raw  (2)
how can a person see or get the ticks.raw file in usable format?? I assume it containsthe ticks and time, both of which I need.. just them..
Hello, I need help on this EA. Actually I already got system in Amibroker TA,also I am trying to code same system as MetaTrader EA. Below is amibroker code(AFL) for system that I want to code as EA. Quote: no= Param("period",7,1,100,1); res=EMA(HHV(H,no),3); sup=EMA(LLV(L,no),3); a =...
Hi: After having performed an optimization test with MT4, I can only see the variable sets (combinations) that produced a net profit result. I'm questioning if it's possible to see all the parameter set results (within net profit and net loss)? Obtaining the full parameter set results of an
  Sleep() Function test  (18   1 2)
I found the Sleep() function does not work exactly as expected. See the table for test results. The test is to Sleep() from 0 to 99 millisecondsand use GetTickCount() to see how long the sleep lasted. Results might vary with different PC hardware. Conclusions: This is probably OS and/or hardware...
[Deleted]
Hello, Can someone please help me to convert this EMA code in EasyLanguage to MQL4? Or, if you already have the code for EA trading system, it would be great. Thanks a lot. { Buys if Price crosses over Avg and then stays above Avg for one or more bars } inputs: Price( Close ), Length( 9 )
I have written a simple EA which should close an open position once there is an EMA-crossing in the opposite direction (as part of a bigger program, but I want to take one step after the other to make sure there are no hidden mistakes). After about 2 hours the log file grows to about 25GB !!! - Is...
[Deleted]
I am interested in any views on how to calculate the maximum lot size you can use before you have an affect on the market. It would seem to me that in quite periods a small lot size could have an affect. I would like to know what criteria i should use so i can code it into my EA. I am also...
Hello everybody, I guess I am missing something in MT4 or MQL4 configuration, but "Point" is always zero, so I cannot calculate pip value. Here is also some other values: 17:21:16 2009.12.22 14:31 My_First_EA GBPUSD,M1: MODE_STOPLEVEL: 29 17:21:16 2009.12.22 14:31 My_First_EA GBPUSD,M1:...
  Objects on chart  (6)
Just recently, all objects disappear from my charts when I switch to another chart. I have checked Object settings but cannot find anything wrong. Please kindly advise. Thank you
I'm wandering about the flesdability of slope calaulations for every tick, but have doubts that would get that sort of respnsoe time from thr brkoer's server especiallyu on a lots fo charts at once or if the ptracticla limitaion of a 1 minute time frame is more reaistick; though I haave doubts on...
[Deleted]
Where can i go to get info on this?
Currently I'm forward testing my ea on a daily tf. I am testing with four different brokers. With 1700+ wins do you thing I will have a problem. There is a float but there is also equity protection.
[Deleted]
Hi, I am using one of the indicators i.e. "Period_Converter_Opt.mq4" to create custom timeframe data from MT4 and save it as csv file. However, while the indicator is running, I cannot access the file using other softwares and hence, cannot update it or access it from other softwares. When I try to...