MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1351

[Deleted]
There is a problem that creeps up now and then, when I run an EA. Sometimes after an EA is activitated, I want to change my initial extern values. So I deactivate my EA and click on properties to change the variables. After entering the new values and hitting ok, often the EA continues as...
Help please, I’m trying to figure out what the last variable: "int shift" in the iMA functions does? Also I want to know how to find the iMA value for (the) previous bar(s) I have a hunch that these two are related and that this ‘shift’ function does just that: provides the iMA value of (the)...
[Deleted]
This is our last trading system, the statement are online directly uploaded from two demo account. In one account we're trading currencies, in the another commodities (oil and gold). I would like to hear your impressions. We're testing now the system with real money. http://www.mercurialtrading...
[Deleted]
Hello, my EA uses an indicator to determine it's trades, the problem is that the indicator has quite a lot of parameters . When testing, it is possible to just add a fresh indicator on the chart, but with the many parameters, it's easy to get mistaken, and it's a lot of work to make sure it's all
[Deleted]
Hello, I have this code that works fine if called from the same script. But if it is stored in a mq4 library ( mqr file library and a header). It does not copy the rates. How should I use or modified this function or declare the array in the calling script in order to get copied rates correctly....
[Deleted]
Is there a way to achieve ObjectGetText()? I have no success with trying ObjectGet(), which returns only double type.
Hello, can somebody help me to bild EA witch will automatic change stop loss and make new pending order . Exsample .. I open order on E/u BUY at 1.4000 ! - when price come to +20 pips profit (1.4020) EA must change stoploss to 1.4010 and make new pending order on open price (1.4000) withinsame...
[Deleted]
  Sorting  (10)
As I know there is no sorting function in the mql4. Can anybody help with a sorting code if any available? I need a list of numbers to be sorted in descending order. Thank you.
[Deleted]
I have found that backtester run the same parameters on different passes. It seems that a lot of passes are doubled ! the result is that testing are very long because of the number of passes ( see pass 560 and 570 or 135 and 482) 560 10269.71 27 4.42 380.36 2555.42 8.92% Période_Calcul=15...
[Deleted]
Hi, is it possible to redeclare mt4 function? Example: bool Print(int a, int b) { if(a>b) { return true; } else { return false; } From now function Print will compare two integers. Any similar or different way to override MT4 function?
[Deleted]
Hi folks, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum. I'm relatively new to MQL4 and am having some trouble applying values from a custom indicator to an array in my EA. Sometimes it works fine, and other times it doesn't. At the moment I'm using: #define CUST1 0 to...
  Trade with me  (85   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hello Advanced members. Due to success, contacts and question about my trading systems on Elite section I will post possible trades here inside. Mostly future trades will be based on this technique: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178666 Some on this system: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178487 Some...
Can anyone tell me how to explicitly assign doubles to arrays elements? Pardon my ignorance but after 15yrs experience with C/C++ and a week reading the MT4 docs, I just don't get this language. pls see below Thanks for any help #property indicator_separate_window // Indicator is drawn in the...
[Deleted]
Hello, Happy New Year! When I do a strategy test using Strategy Tester inthe MT4, it only goes back to Jan 9, 2010 even though I put June 2009. Whatcauses this to not go back farther in time using the strategy tester in theMT4? I am testing using EURUSD M15 and I have done the importof M1 to M15...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm completely new to this language but have good programming experience, so most of my questions will be regarding the specifics of this language rather than a how-do-you-do-this (I hope I'm smart enough of figuring that out from the examples  ;-) ). So, my first question is: 1) You can...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have this code that works fine if called from the same script. But if it is stored in a mq4 library ( mqr file library and a header). It does not copy the rates. How should I use or modified this function or declare the array in the calling script in order to get copied rates correctly....
[Deleted]
Hello and thanks for the help in advance - if you would be so kind. The concept is very simple, but I need some help as I do not know MQL. I'm good with Excel pseudo code and can make any Excel spreadsheet look almost like Currenex on screen (I'm that good with Excel!) and I can get 'some' VbScript...
Hi,my name is Simon,I am glad to introduce the NiuTrader to you all. NiuTrader software can share your trading signal to all your mt4 accounts.Right now only has Chinese version,but sooner will has English version.Here is the demo video:
Dear Coders Do you have any idea how can i create a report file when my expert is in optimization mode??? i dont want to use the optimization report that mt4 creates, Im really hang on this :-( plz help
[Deleted]
How do I set the indicator values NOT to be drawn in the window? I don't want/need the values to be displayed in the window. Currently I've got this: IndicatorShotName(""); but it's still drawing the values at the top left on the window. How do I set this up so it doesn't write these values in text...
I run an EA on Strategy Tester (eg: MA SampleEA) and it gets good results. When I "Save As" and rename it (eg: MA SampleEA-Test) and run it on Strategy Tester (with no code changes), the copy goes wild with uncontrolled trades. I even tried to start with building a new EA and copy/paste the...
[Deleted]
?'m testing this expert on demo, it should open a buy pos and place a Sl when attached to a chart, it does not work int start() { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1.0,Ask,1,Ask-15*Point,0); return(0); } also, I have a problem with the follow this open orders in delay or it doesn't at all  int start()...
[Deleted]
Hi I,ve been getting e-mail alerts from the Tools>Options>E-mail settings for some time now from several different computers and different SMPT login addresses successfully.(SMPT server: att.blackberry.net) Now I am getting no alerts and my Journal on several computers has the following message
[Deleted]
I have 16 charts opened, all with a EA running. EA are big, and print about 20 lines per minute (in total, not every EA) The problem is in the charts; I put charts tiled in the window and: no way to enlarge a chart by mouse or by menu no refresh: if I open for example expert properties in a chart,...
[Deleted]
My goal is to always be Long or Short. For whatever reason the EA work for about 2 consecutive trades and then the EA will stop. Any reason why? thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| xxx.mq4 | //|...
Hi all, We want to launch a new graphical environment / tool to create custom indicators. No coding or MQL knowledge is required. If you want to test it please go to: http://www.molanis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73 Registration is required (but it's FREE). The installation...
[Deleted]
That pretty much says it all. But WHY? This isn't documented anywhere. Basically, I wrote a function to traw 32 (maximum) levels in my indicator, based on price range. It works fine, if the function is defined in the indicator. It has no effect, however, when defined in a library. I know the...
[Deleted]
How to get Bid and Ask prices on historical bars of my EA. Only new quotes have Bid & Ask prices. Could someone help me on this issue...thanks.
[Deleted]
  Gann MTF  (1)
I'm trying to retool the Gann Hi-Low indicator to MTF so that I canfocus on one chart rather than 4. I've got the following two indicators: #MTF_RSI and Gann_alert_indicator #MTF_RSI uses an array to push timeframes thru RSI. I'd like to do thesame thing with the Gann indicator. My problem is that...
From my experience (with non-ECN brokers) it's relatively rare to get slipped, usually they just re-quote u. But I do remember cases where I was slipped by up to my specified slippage (I normally use 3-5 points, on 5 digit brokers). I have been going through my LIVE account logs but couldn't find a...