MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1359

Hello, I have the H1 eurusd chart and want to change it to M15. Is it possible? I have to do it when I find a pattern in another timeframes and want to draw an arrow in this timeframe. If I am in H1, found something in M15 and draw it in the current view, it will be at the wrong place when I change...
Could someone more experienced in programming have a look at my EA, because I can't find the end of program - unbalanced left parenthesis error. Also I'm not sure about my bool operators and their logical usage in the beginning. Thanks for your comments and feel free to use some parts of the code,...
I have been coding for a while and didn't come across situations where I have to divide numbers. I was trying to do this today and am not able to understand why the reminders are getting lost. Possibly, I am missing some basic rules on operation so any guidance is appreciated. In the code below,...
Backtests and Forex Hello I download different platforms The results of backtesting are really different from one platform to another! With Fx Pro: I happen to do any ..! Figure plunging always late The results to be closest, without being identical, are between WHC Trader and Active Trader. I do...
[Deleted]
I am trying to program an EA to be able to spot consolidation. It is easy to spot visually, but I have not come up with a good way of spotting it numerically. Any ideas?
Hi, Still aNewtBee and WillBee for quite some time by the looks of things. I’m creatingan array that I want to store various information about trades such as their currency pairs descriptions, MagicNumbers, perhaps some text: Comments and WHU ??? Do I have tocreate and define it as a ‘string’ array...
Hi, I wonder there has MT4 Mobile for Nokia phone? List of the phone models supported? Is Nokia E71 in the list? Where and how to find/download and install it for use? Thank you; Bang - ForBenefit
[Deleted]
  Pulling Prices Directly  (11   1 2)
Is it possible to get a price for a symbol directly? In other words, is the price pushed to the user somehow through MetaTrader or do I have to constantly pull it from the network? I am trying to take the price of each symbol and convert it to bits, but I am having problems just getting the price in...
[Deleted]
Hey all you U.S. forex traders. The CFTC has recently proposed -- last Wednesday-- from changing the margin requirements in forex from 100:1 to 10:1. This would have an enormous, negative impact on the US forex dealer industry and US retail traders. For example, to trade one lot of the...
Hi, I’m a NewtBee in MQL4 trying to modify anexisting program. The section of codethat closes orders in profit starts off by dividing the array with the order info in half. I can’t figure out why this would be done. I DID a search of the Forum, but with over 1300hits…. . Here is the relevant code...
Hello, sorry for that silly question, but can somebody explain me the difference between an OP_BuyStop- and an OP_BuyLimit-Order. Thank you very much!
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone, Does anyone ever have an indicator that draws 4 pararell lines with specified pips (0 - +) between them? Also there are prices adjustable size shown below those lines. First line should move with the new opened candle with the stop moving option on this line. Thank to all of you who
hellohow can i make a code which will move my SL level to break even after X amount of pips in the direction of TP ??PLEASE HELP :)thanks !
[Deleted]
Hi Folks, I've got an problem with Heiken Ashi candles. I want to use them in my expert advisor and got some problems with the code. I've searched nearly the whole internet for an answer to solve this problem but didn't got it right. So please help me. First I'm reading the Heiken indicator with the...
hi, I have 2 pending orders a sellstop, and a buystop after X amount of pips i want to get the SL of the order that was activated to break-even .what is the command for the sellstop order ? and for the buystop order ?halp :)thank u
Can anyone point me to information that will help me.. I'm trying to loop thru all the open orders and get the Profit for all the Buy Orders only.... and the profit for all the Sell orders only. I want to use the info to close Buys and or Close Sells at some point....I also want to show them with...
[Deleted]
Author: ForexID10T EA created from code generated by EA Builder (http://eatbuilder.com/). Added my own code and enhancements, plus ideas adapted from this forum. Many ideas to still impliment, but first this initial EA must work before applying further enhancements. (More than one open trade etc)...
  mql4 of Fractals  (3)
where can i find the mql4 of bill williams' indicator fractals? ty
I am looking for someone to help me code an EA for a couple of MTF indicators. If anyone would be willing to do it, please let me know asap.
How to do when there is profit, may put protection for this profit? For example: opening balance 5k after a week's trade balance would be in 7k next week there were big losses and EA to close all trade at 6k?
[Deleted]
Suppose I am using an EA on a GBP/USD chart and another EA on a EUR/USD chart. I know if the EA's want to trade -- buy, sell, or close a trade-- the trade context has to be checked to insure there is no conflict. However, is this necessary when using techinal indicators? For example, if the EA on...
[Deleted]
EURUSD....M1 APPLY int start() { if(iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0)<25) { ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Bid-250*Point,Ask+250*Point,"My order #2",1440,0,Green); if(ticket<0) { Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError()); return(0); }...
[Deleted]
  Delete objects on chart  (11   1 2)
Hi I have arrows on the chart, based on highs and lows. I need to delete all past ones so that only the current arrow is displayed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hi everyone, I need an indicator which can draw vertical line with a specific time which you can enter by yourself. Any idea how to code this?
[Deleted]
Now I know that this is probably mostly luck because I'm not a great programmer, but I wanted you guys to pick apart where my EA might be weak. I've heard max draw down is important, but am not sure why. Can you tell me from this testing report where my EA might be weak, or (better yet), that I've...
I use a lot of fairly processor intensive indicators in my manual trading, at the moment I am thinking about how I would implement my strategy in an EA, the primary problem I am having is that using iCustom to get the indicator values for even just a couple bars either causes the terminal to freeze...
Interesting feedback
New article Data Exchange between Indicators: It's Easy is published at mql5.com: The article describes an easy method to develop aprogram environment for the MetaTrader terminal, that would providemeans for accessing indicator buffers from other MQL programs. Author: Алексей
New article MQL5: Create Your Own Indicator is published at mql5.com: By describing creation of True Strength Index, the author shows how to write indicators in MQL5. Author: MetaQuotes
I'm having a problem with error 4107 for an Ordersend function. I've printed the Ask and Bid values out immediately before the function and for some reason the values have 8 decimal places instead of 4. If I use Print (Ask," "+ Bid);, the Ask has the correct format, but the Bid doesn't. Any...