MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1354

Hi, How can I import stock data into MetaTrader and manipulate them with the indicators? Ofcourse I mean offline for example Daily and Weekly. Regards
[Deleted]
Hi, I am trying to write a function that returns a round number if it's present between two values; e.g. 1.66500 1.67000 1.67500 I want the funtion to take two price value and then return the round number between these values. I have already written this function...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to debug an indicator and and have been using the Strategy Tester along with the data window to try and get the exact values at specific events in my indicator. There is a balancing act between the speed you play time forward and the ability to click pause on the exact tick that triggered...
[Deleted]
Dear All, Is there a way of having a smoother max/min of candle size. Using the max/min button either gives too large or small a candle for the one minite chart. The same is true for moving cursor along the time line. Any help much appreciated. D Fow
When Balance is change. How can i call my scripts
[Deleted]
Was wandering around looking for a good system, turkey and came across this post, what do you think about it? I think so too, the best trading system is your head, but that information is among the meaningless pile of junk that has accumulated in your head, you just have to look it up! I've read so
I want to pick up the colour change from green to red and vice versa on the Accelerator Oscillator and send an alert. I don't see any change of colour in the code. What variables would I use to confirm the colour change?...
  LOSING TRADING SYSTEM  (85   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Good evening all. In a neighbouring thread, I offered cooperation LONGER for the improvement of profitable TCs. I did not find understanding... that is not the main thing. An absurd idea came to mind. If programmers do not want to If programmers do not want to do profitable TS, maybe they would
Hey guys, I just found out about this site http://www.forex-robots.com, they do Real Money accounts competition between some of the EAs out there, like the Megadroid, FAPTurbo and the Ivybot. That way we can have some real proofs before making a desicion on which EA to buy. Hope it is helpful, Joe
[Deleted]
Hello, 1. I have an external application which decides when to fire orders. 2. I know that expert advisor can be used to automate trading . 3. Now I want to link my external application to the expert advisor, which I think could be done through a DLL. The DLL example in the samples directory is just
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, I'm sorry if my question is a bit redundant. I've been searching the net all over for the answer, but I'm afraid of being fooled or scammed or otherwise hurt badly. So I'd like to ask your advice. I'm looking for a Meta Trader 4 supporting Forex broker which is based in Europe, UK or other...
If anybody want to take a part in expert advisors competition on real accounts I'll translate the rules. Now the rules are here in russian: http://acompetition.love-craft.ru/?q=node/1
If you're running several terminal-instances on a server, then it's really useful if you can see on first sight, which terminal you have in front of yourself. I've already changed the icon, and the colours, indicating productive environments. I'd find it extremely useful if one could modify the...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know the code to say, "if Stochastic main>signal --> get current price and put it in a variable" For example...something like, double take_profit; if( stochastic_blue > stochastic_red ) {take_prifit = current price} ....so that I can use this variable called "take_profit" in my
Hi, I am trying to create a simple indicator. Everyday at 12 am I want the the system to draw a rectangle from the low of 11 am to the high of 3 pm. I am stuck honestly as nothing is appearing on my screen, can somone give me a short insight on what I could be doing wrong ? Many thanks in advance,...
  A mathematician is needed  (106   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Mathematicians with experience of such projects are needed to take part in a project to develop an arbitrage trading system for stock markets. Preferably from Moscow. Please send your CV to victor@umnick.com
Hi, Does anyone know where I can learn about the Fibonacci Pivots custom indicator included in MT4? I want to code it in an EA and I can't figure out what parameters I can use to get the support and resistance levels? Please help. Thanks
[Deleted]
  LSMA Question  (2)
Trying to pin point when downward trend stops and upward trend begins. . Here's the LSMA code: . //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| | //| Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.metaquotes.net/ |...
my indicator are eating quite a lot of memory while referencing to other timeframe like example int MA_Direction(int TF, string Pair) { double F_MA = iMA(Pair, TF, 5, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0); double S_MA = iMA(Pair, TF, 5, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1); if(F_MA > S_MA) return(1); // UP...
[Deleted]
Hi Can anyone please help me to convert this code for DPO (detrend price oscillator)? Thanks a lot. inputs: Price( Close ), Length( 250 ) ; variables: DPO( 0 ) ; DPO = Detrend( Price, Length ) ; if DPO crosses over 0 then Buy next bar market else if DPO crosses under 0 then Sell short...
This is a series, u will be getting the deatils bit by bit. I will not want any to fall victim of some people SELLING A FRAUD as EA. the next addition to this topic will be evidence that the ea IS a FRAUD
[Deleted]
MT Newbie question: Is it possible to create a new Window or Chart from a Custom Indicator or Expert Advisor? My aim is to have a VC++ application running which passes data to MT (via a file, perhaps with a DLL in an indicator to check the file for a trigger) and MT creates a new Chart (or brings...
[Deleted]
Pls i want the EA which the code is attached below to be locking profit when the profit get to 15pips its should lock in to 10 and when it get to 35 its should also lock it to 30pips. But unfortunately for me, it is the first one that work( 15pips locked to 10pips) the 35pips to 30 didn't work...
[Deleted]
Goo evening everyone I would appreciate if someone could help me. The problem: on my metatrader environment I can't see any more the Alert window but hear the sound of the alerts in the loudspeaker. I use a 2 window environment on my NT PC. What I tried already but without success: When I go to the...
[Deleted]
  Help writing EA  (2)
Hi all, I am new with forex and EA. I read Mql4 manual but write an EA is quite difficult. I need one EA that use only one market order (no two or more orders and no pending orders) and follow this condition: _When ADX signal cross upward the ADX main and the next bar is more than one point from the...
Hi all, bit of a small problem here. basically what i am trying to do is open up say 1.3 lots in an ea. it's mad easy to do 1.0 or .1 or 0.1 or whatever but for some reason i can't figure out how to get 1.3. is there some sort of loop i should go through in order to keep opening individual orders...
[Deleted]
While I am aware that I can go and hire a cloud server, I wonder are there any firms out there that will do this for you. My EA is a little on the heavy side and on my desktop which is not slow wants 11 days to optimise 3 settings for 1 year’s data. Any ideas?
I would like to convert 2 indicators for MT5 Already have such a possibility? I'm sorry to part with it, I can't trade anymore :(
[Deleted]
I have been writing my own custom SR indicator and have one glaring problem I haven't been able to fix. At the rollover of a new day (and subsequent recalculation of Daily SR levels by the indicator) my SR lines all start drawing at 45 degree angles across the chart and the labels don't update their...
[Deleted]
Hi Is there any kind of variable substitution in MQL4 : double MaVariable; string MaChaine = "MaVariable"; &MaChaine = 10; // or (MaChaine)=10; // or something I haven't seen Print(MaVariable); // print 10 thanks