can a robot replace a human

I am a robot tech. I work on robots all day where I work. They paint cars better than humans. But I have played with at least 80 EA's over the last month and have yet to find on that even remotely makes a profit. AB

80 is nothing.

I have ~500 (many of them variations of the same idea) written myself and lying around here on my harddrive waiting to be deleted. 80 EAs is absolutely nothing. Especially if you haven't written them yourself. I still haven't found the holy grail, maybe another 500 failed experiments are needed.

first off all, you'll need a working strategy, an EA can't do miracles,

They do exactly what they are told to do, even at great loss or great profit, no emotions involved.

but with all machines, they need maintenance,

in this case optimizing and for some cases, handling for unexpected shutoff

I have a good strategy for short term trading and do well in my trading. But sooner or later we all have to sleep so the real question is which is better spending the time and resources to build a robot to short term trade when I want a break, or switch to a long term strategy (hours to a day) or do as I have been and have the Wife trade for me while a sleep. Good trading to all. AB

fx_man:

I have a good strategy for short term trading and do well in my trading. But sooner or later we all have to sleep so the real question is which is better spending the time and resources to build a robot to short term trade when I want a break, or switch to a long term strategy (hours to a day) or do as I have been and have the Wife trade for me while a sleep. Good trading to all. AB

at least i would like to have my wife going to sleep with me ;)

good week to all.

//z

fx_man:

and have the Wife trade for me while a sleep.

This is an interesting approach to auto-trading. Might work...

LOL (it's Good to start the week with a smile)

Maybe I can teach my 1 yr old to trade. he already loves banging on the keyboard...

I dunno how much your wife knows about forex,

but if she's good at analyse the market keep her! =)

if she only does what she's told, I suggest you to make an EA

Reason: