HIGH CPU USAGE

Since the new versiom of MT4 has been installed the Terminal.exe runs almost at 80% and I have removed all indicators, can some body help please

In upper terminal window, open Tools\options\ and then click charts tab. If Terminal is not used for Strategy Tester, set both "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" to 5000. Then check if CPU is lower.

wackena:
In upper terminal window, open Tools\options\ and then click charts tab. If Terminal is not used for Strategy Tester, set both "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" to 5000. Then check if CPU is lower.

'Max bars in history' will affect disk usage, 'Max bars in chart' will affect memory usage, but I doubt either would have much affect on CPU usage. Certainly not by that much (80% !!!!).

wackena:

I followed your suggestion, I do perceive and small change, but not significant, thans for helping.

BR

Luis

rammire:

I followed your suggestion, I do perceive and small change, but not significant, thans for helping.

BR

Luis

Then I can only suggest you check you code for loops such as while() function. You may be caught in an infinite calculation loop.

wackena:
Then I can only suggest you check you code for loops such as while() function. You may be caught in an infinite calculation loop.

wackena:
Sorry I`m not a developer, just a normal trader, using normal tools avalaible. thanks

wackena:

As a matter of fact the 80% I have mention in reality the cpu usage variates from 10, 25, 45 80, 85, 90 ) what I have given is an average mostly it stays on the higher 60%

rammire:

Sorry I`m not a developer, just a normal trader, using normal tools avalaible. thanks

Why don't you use the previous version, end of story
Reason: