MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1257

[Deleted]
Hi guys, Before saying everything, please note that I'm not an experienced EA program designer however I've got some other experiences. I've written an EA recently which does not seem to work properly. The problem is that it does not change variables however I wrote the change statements in the code...
[Deleted]
From what I gathered so far, most of you are expert advisor designers seeking to build the most efficient EA so that you can sell the EA to the general public. In reality, however, that does not make much sense because, if your EA were to work so well, you would not care about trying to make a
[Deleted]
Let's take an exemple. I want to buy 1 lot of EURUSD. I have a balance of 5000 EUR on my account. I need 300 EUR of Margin to open the lot. The spread is 5 pips (50 EUR). I open the position and I check my equity and my balance just after. How many EUR will be in my Equity account? 5000? or 4950
[Deleted]
hi i wrote this code but it return -1 ... please help me ... fran=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,LOTSIZE,Bid-10*Point,Slippage,Bid+20*Point,Bid-20*Point,"My Sell Position",60*60*24*2,0,Red);          Comment("Position AT : ",fran);
  Slipage Indicator  (10)
Hello, I'm looking for slipage indicator. Thanks. FXmann77
[Deleted]
I just had a quick question: when running multiple instances of MetaTrader, will the functions within an EA only work on that instance? For example, if I have two positions open (with two different pairs) and I have an EA that will close them when the Accountprofit() reaches "x", will that only...
I am willing to trade a really good EA (under construction) has in past tests shown as much as 98% winning trades, in exchange for some help in optimizing indicators. I have a large collection of indicators that I have created to serve this EA, but I fear that my skills in indicators is weak. The...
[Deleted]
I am trying to color fully the area between two lines in a similar fashion as the Ichimoku cloud,for example, and to do this without hiding the candles. The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator, found in the "non-programed" Indicators folder, does this if one select the largest width but I have not found...
Hello MQL4 scene, i would like to ask someone who has some freetime to create my idea in EA. Well, its really simple. Martiangle system, which means as you know double the position size if the trader is loser. Starting lotsize: 0,01 TP: 10pip without spread \ SL: 10pip without spread If the trade...
[Deleted]
Driving me crazy. I can't remove objects from chart. When on the Menu Tab across the top, I click on Charts, Objects, Object List. When I click on Objects List, the Menu Bar across the top grays out like it recogonizes the command, but it will not give me the pop up box with the objects listed. Not...
Some brokers don't like that you send a buy or sell order with SL and TP in the same line of code. It has to be done in two steps. How can i do that?
Hi, i have an ea that closes 50% of the trade at a certain tp level and lets the remaining 50% run until it hits the stop or hits the second tp level and closes the trade. The problem is i have added code to the ea so it now opens trades at a % of account balance. So for example, the ea may open a...
[Deleted]
hi is some one familiar with scalp strategy based on grid coordinate ?with 5 pips tp and 30pips sl ? i saw it on the championship 2008 by prizmal . prizmal improve the automate from other system wich won the year before . i dont think that anybody will sell the algoritm. i just want to...
[Deleted]
  Cube Root.  (6)
Hi. The issue is as much simple as interesting. How to calculate the cube root of an inputed number. We have MathPow(..., ...) only, and we can choose to get into the second parameter field a double value such as: double ATHIRD = 1 / THREE. Where THREE is a double value too (= 3.0). Any evidences...
Could anyone please assist or knows whether there is a way to extract the value of of an indicator (doesn't matter which indicator), for each hour candle? Example: Hour candle - 2010/09/06 High: 1.2918 Low: 1.2789 Close: 1.2798 EMA (3): 1.2833 - THESE ARE THE VALUES I WANT TO EXTRACT ROC (10): 0...
[Deleted]
hello Somebody can help me for codes StartTime and CloseTime? Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am coding an EA (MQL4) and with my strategy I want to use the tightest SL that the broker allows. For a BUY order : double stopLevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;double sl = Bid - stopLevel; For a SELL order : double sl = Ask + stopLevel; I have tested the EA on my live...
Hi there, I am new to Forex & paper trading since 6 days using Demo accnt. I guess i can ask some MT4 related Qs here. So my problem is like this. Normally i never book profits once. i always book some % of it at each predifined level. This is my habit of trading in stocks. So i was thinking same...
[Deleted]
Hi all,attached is an EA that will open X trades immediately when switch on, and after it TP or SL, it will keep on open new trades Can anyone add some code for me, that i need "High price and Low Price", which if price above "High Price" or below "Low Price", it wont open trades. In other words,...
How hard is it to code so the EA on buy and sell draws a line like this. if(trendB<trendA && trendB.old>=trendA.old){      if(sellFilter1==true){            signal=-1; if(trendB>trendA && trendB.old<=trendA.old){      if(buyFilter1==true){        signal=1;
Hi all.I think i am writing this in wright section.After some time i find this fractal indicator that gives sound alerts.I am tring to make indi that will send email but cant make it work.Can someone help? First one is with sound alert second one is what i made so far for emails.When i add sendmail
[Deleted]
i want to run a script in specific hour put two orders from the price in the future ( buy stop and sell stop ) how to i create the script ?
[Deleted]
  I need help  (5)
here is what I want my computer compiles;) OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),(Highest high since the order began)-Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Green); Can someone help me? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I m using two monitors for my chart analysis, so I am trying to move the MT4 charts to another monitor so I can view different charts within the MT4 platform, but it seems that the chart cannot be move out of MT4 program. Can anyone advise how this can be done? Rgs
New article How to Quickly Create an Expert Advisor for Automated Trading Championship 2010 is published at mql5.com: In order to develop an expert to participate in Automated Trading Championship 2010, let's use a template of ready expert advisor. Even novice MQL5 programmer will be capable of this...
New article Using the TesterWithdrawal() Function for Modeling the Withdrawals of Profit is published at mql5.com: This article describes the usage of the TesterWithDrawal() function for estimating risks in trade systems which imply the withdrawing of a certain part of assets during their operation....
for sure the answer is no. but little if any.... the situation: five open orders on different pairs at a weak loss and a strong risk of falling into a real loss. the light goes out. the oops (for example) will last no more than 30 seconds. close the first order - requote , trade flow is busy, what
Hello friends this is checkmail and am trying to build an simple EA based on MA curves, but the problem is that the EA is not opening order in other direction when at cross it only closes the current position. Means if have an open order buy, at an cross it will...
I have put a condition on year int year = TimeYear(Time[i]);       if (year > 1970) still it doesn't take into account, do you see why ? Full source below: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                       Export.mq4...
New article 20 Trade Signals in MQL5 is published at mql5.com: This article will teach you how to receive trade signals that are necessary for a trade system to work. The examples of forming 20 trade signals are given here as separate custom functions that can be used while developing Expert...