MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 576

Hi, I would like to know how mt4 process EA on each chart. If I have 2 charts and 1 EA by chart, is MT4 use mutli thread ? or use sequential and do chart by chart ? I would like to know if it's better to do only one EA on one chart that do calcul and send order for multi symbol or if it's better to...
  MODE_TICKVALUE  (1)
Hello I have a question, I wanted to caculate the risk with a given StopLoss. I use for it MODE_TICKVAUE. The problem is, that for some symols e.g. DE30, EURUSD, USDJPY, BUND10Y the tickvalue is given in € and for some symbols the tickvalue is given in $ e.g. GOLDs, OILs, OIL.WTI, COFFEE. MODE_POINT...
hello   i need to get the EA name but from an indicator the chart is on.   i have the EA and when i load an indicator, i need to retrieve the EA name and send it   thanks   JEff 
 Hello, I want to delete my "Fibo" which one I made it by the some indicator, but I wouldn't like to delete all "Fibo"s. Best, Max
New article MQL5 Cookbook - Programming sliding channels has been published: This article presents a method of programming the equidistant channel system. Certain details of building such channels are being considered here. Channel typification is provided, and a universal type of sliding channels'...
It occurred quite some time that (in MT4) I want to change an order in the terminal window. So right click on the order and then select Modify Order. A small misalignment with the mouse sometimes made me click Close Order by accident. Please change the order menu so that Modify and Close order are...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some script to generate more detailed report. I need more statistics in report, sharpe ratio, average time of trade, intra trade drawdown etc Has anybody found something like that? any script, library etc???
  slippage best?  (10)
heey!  I will put an Expert in a VPN .. but I can not find the forum or google if you need to set slippage or what number best suited for this.  thank you very much people! (: 
I tried to execute a transaction to open a pending order on the SGDJPY, but the terminal returned an error "Trade is disabled". I checked the market watch and realized that the currency pair in question has been removed therein. I want to program my EA not to execute any transaction on disabled...
Hi comrades in forex. How can I finalize my finished expert advisor. In other words, how can I produce setup package of my expert advisor for installation in another system (windows systems specifically)? Thank you in advance.
Hi alltogether,   I have a Standard Forex Demo account and MetaTrader 4 every time brings an error message when my ExpertAdvisor tries to send an order or to modify an order:   The error message is     Error 4109 => trade is not allowed in the expert properties.   That happens although I've set the...
I just discovered that when I type a period (.) immediately after an extern variable, I get a pop-up window with a lot of properties in mql4 environment. However I have not known the use of the pop-up window properties. What exactly do they mean. Thank you in advance. See examples below:
Hi comrades. Please how do I sift my own forum topics? That is how to view all of only my topics in forum? I have searched for a link to click but I have not seen any. Thank you in advance.
  Orders delay?  (11   1 2)
Heey people... I was sending two buy orders to shell and was ok.but today he is with delay.  This OK!!! if(OrdersTotal()==0)         {                 OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1.0,Ask,0,0,0,NULL,0,0,Blue);                    OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1.0,Ask,0,0,0,NULL,0,0,Blue);         }...
I would like to 1) display on the chart a button, that 2) when clicked executes a specified function. What is the easiest way to do it? I found: the OBJ_BUTTON page, but no simple (one-liner) API and no info how to add a click method: https://docs.mql4...
Hello to all. I need help to find out if the code I wrote is right or not. I wrote this code to mean that the condition is valid if I cross the RSI at level 50...... if(iRSI(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, 2, PRICE_CLOSE, i) < 50 && iRSI(NULL, PERIOD_CURRENT, 2, PRICE_CLOSE, i+1) > 50 &&............ I would...
[Deleted]
The expert advisor I wrote is very slow in backtesting. Therefore, I attempted to rewrite it to only look at the recent closed bar, unless one of the preconditions for trading was close to being met, in which case it would calculate every tick, as before. Unfortunately, now the two versions produce...
Hello everyone, I have an EA based on making trades on daily chart. The problem is that whenever i start it, the journal doesn't send me a report of the EA being initialized at a specific time. Here is my code with printf statements. Only the "ea is not ready" string is being shown. bool...
  Date error in MT4?  (15   1 2)
Hi, I run this code: Print("Year: ",Year()); and got 1900 instead of 2016. ??? What did I wrong?
Please help me, i am newbie in this things. i have tried to build my own ea with custom indicator but i have some warning. please help me to solve this! i do not know what to do :(...
hi friends   Im working on my custom indicator but Im having probleme getting the RSI for JPY/USD i can get only get the USD/JPY's RSI so, how to calc it ??   best regards 
I am testing a CHF based strategy but the CHF peg in early 2015 is causing irrational results so I was wondering if it is possible to code something that will prevent the strategy from trading on this date?
Hi, lately i trade a bit the dax. My Broker offers a 5 digit stream and so also on the dax i have 7123.x stream My range of supporting scripts uses 4/5 digit adjustment but fails of course on the dax, because even if the stream is 5digits i am allowed only to set the stops at full pip values. 7000...
Hey Guy, How can I creat a Fibonacci? I already got my points, where I wanna draw it, but I don't find something to creat/code a Fibonacci? I found something like this: https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_fibo But what is meant with those parameters at "CreatObject(...)"
I opened post yesterday. I look that my post was deleted. Why did you delete my post ?  There was a stupid person who answered me, but I could not find time for answer. my post was deleted. The Stupid boy, I dont speak english very well. it is not important for me, I am not native english but I...
[Deleted]
Hello, everyone.   Me and my friends are using the same account for trading. However, one of our friends want to set up a limit for sell. For example, I want remotely to set up limit for operations. For example block person not to buy or sell anything for more than $50. Also, for example if my...
Error message is *timeframe more than a D timeframe. 
hi guys, im trying to write an ea with fractals on sell side it work pretty decent however when i use reverse logic over 50% of time buys turn to fails, i tried in different time setting didnt much help. i appreciate if any insight or method you can suggest to help me to figure this out thanks in
[Deleted]
I 'm looking a way to close my open order by a certain amount of profit is it possible ?? or do i have to close my open order only when the price is above the orderPrice ?? here is my code that close an open order: for(PositionIndex=TotalNumberOfOrders-1; PositionIndex>=0; PositionIndex --)...
  Update CSV File  (15   1 2)
Hello Everybody, I am new to mql4 programming and trying to learn how to read and update csv file. Can somebody please help me out with this Lets say I have a csv file with sample lines like this 1, A, Y 2,B, Y 3,C,Y My requirement is to update Y to Z for all the rows, not sure how FileWrite()...