Can't get the value of an indicator

Hi,

I have gotten an indicator as *.ex4 with 6 Buffer.

When I put this indicator I see the marker of the buy and the sell signal. I also can change the colour from them.

But when I read the values from these buffers with my ea, I can only read "EMTPY_VALUE" everytime. How could this be?

The indicator comes with another indicator and with a template, but I can put only the indicator on the chart, so I don't know why I can't get the values.

Does anybody here know it??

Are you passing all the Extern values using iCustom ?

1. all extern values.
  2. choose the right buffer.
  3. No code, no help.

The indicator has the following extern values:

And I tried this:

Indikator1_Buffer2 = iCustom(NULL,0,"indicator02",12,2,100,false,false,2,0); //BuyPuffer

sunshineh:

And I tried this:

Indikator1_Buffer2 = iCustom(NULL,0,"indicator02",12,2,100,false,false,2,0); //BuyPuffer

Did you try accessing all 6 of the buffers to see if any of them have the values you need ?

Yes I did. I get with every buffer always "EMTPY_VALUE" :-(

sunshineh:
Yes I did. I get with every buffer always "EMTPY_VALUE" :-(
Hi Sunshineh,

If you are seeing the buy/sell signal markers on the chart and you can change their colors...the indicator values ARE in the buffers...

And the EMPTY_BUFFER...IS...a valid indicator signal. It just does not have current values in it, but it will at some point.

There are a few ways to check out your indicator values -

1) Add PRINT lines to where the indicator values are called, then check your logs. Keep your tests short so your logs are small.

2) Add Comments to the chart to actually watch your values change.

3) Check the DATA window to see your indicator values.

4) Run the EA in your Strategy Tester...very slowly...! Those indicator buffers may only get values once in a very long time and you quickly miss them if you run the Strategy Tester too fast.

Keep trying and don't give up with the EMPTY_BUFFERS...

Good luck and I hope this helps,
Robert
Reason: