MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1143

some question  (3)
1 It is possible to put hidden stop loss and take profit in ea instead off order_send () function ? 2 It is possible to display open trades on chart ? any indicator for that
[Deleted]
Dear All, I am quite fresh to programming and I would appreciate your help. In my EA I use a condition based on smoothed WMA. Could you please help me to write a function that calculates 3 days SMA of 4 days WMA for 1 bar ago, 2 bar ago and 3 bar ago for closing price? Do I need array function for...
Hi, I have a currency power indicator that displays currency relative values in a data window. For instance, you could have EUR 0.00 USD 130.00 JPY 200.00 Could you please advise how I can reference these values in another indicator using iCustom function? Please note that I only have the ex4...
Hi, i was currently testing a breakout stop and reverse system which seems to work nice. Until yesterday evening spread on usdchf was at least 40 pips, one trades was stoped out, the reversing trade opened but the EA was not able to set a new reversing order, because Bid was smaller then my sell...
Hello! Does anybody know how to do it? I allready google (https://sites.google.com/site/marketformula/mt4-help/how-to-remove-a-mt4-script-from-a-metatrader-chart) for this but it does not work. Thanks!
[Deleted]
For backtesting purposes, I am currently looking for a database of all ticks. I seems that nothing serious and costless exists. Then I proposed myself to create those databases myself. By letting my omputer runnng 5/7 24/24, memorising every tick it receives. But it appears that I can miss a lot of...
[Deleted]
I have written a simple DLL as part of a custom indicator for MetaTrader 4, which is called thus: int start(){double Rates[][6];int MaximumRecords = ArrayCopyRates( Rates, Symbol(), 0 ); for( int zz = MaximumRecords; zz >= 0; zz-- ) { OutPut[zz] = EMPTY; } GetSMAArray( Rates,...
  Good Advice?  (4)
Is the following good advice for installing MT4? Important Note: Never Install MT4 software into the default installation folder if you plan on doing strategy testing. DO NOT EVEN INSTALL ON YOUR C DRIVE, Instead change installation path to another partition on your computer. Let's suppose you have...
I use GlobalVariableSet() in init() call to count number of EAs running on Terminal. int init(){  if(!GlobalVariableCheck("Count_EAs"))     {      GlobalVariableSet("Count_EAs",1);    }  else     {      GlobalVariableSet("Count_EAs",GlobalVariableGet("Count_EAs")+1);    }  return(0);} int...
Hello MQL, can you create this overlay Chart indicator in an unlocked mode setup ? After this, you can SCROLL the overlay Chart about the chart, this is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy usefull and i look for it. Kind Regards balduin
[Deleted]
  please help me  (1)
Hello traders and programers, im looking for a EA that can trade using the stochastic indicators,, stockastics settins 3,3,3 buy when main line goes to equal 20 sell when main line goes to equal 80 timeframe 15 min chart stop loss 30 tp 50 please if anyone knows where i can downlaod this ea or...
I have 6 servers to choose from in my brokers MT4, and somehow the platform switches to the one with the biggest lag every half an hour or so. How do I set a fixed server that will always remain the same?
I want to write a EA that uses moving averages cross Slow being the 5 period Fast being the 3 period the EA will check the if the fast ma is above the slow on the previous price bar close all open orders go long one mini place TSL 50 pips when MA's cross again close all trades and go short I think
[Deleted]
anyone knows of good 3 MA / 4 MA system ??
[Deleted]
USA east time? my computer time? could I adjust the setting? Thanks a lot~
need help in ea code ea has to open one order per candle and close the position after candle is closed so need help to close the position as soon as candle closed extern double lotsize = 1;datetime order_time = 0;int init()  {   return(0);  }int deinit()  {   return(0);}int start(){   double...
  AlligatorEx.  (94   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I am posting an EA based on Alligatora , and test reports. I should tell right away that the code is made from scraps and I am a newbie myself. I am not afraid to use it, I will be glad if you will give me some tips for improvement. I would be very thankful for any suggestions and improvement. I
  MTA4 and META5  (1)
Newbie. First downloaded META4 then upgraded to META5 and deleted META4. Any problem?
Does anyone know if it is possible to call a managed dll file developed in say c#from mq4 code. I have seen examples on how to call functions from mq4 to that liveinside of unmanged code developed in C++ dll files. Anyway, any examples of howto go about doing this would be great using mq4 and visual...
Dear Developers, Can the MT4 API work 2gather with ASP.NET (VB code) framework 2.0 and above? And will be using MS. Visual Studio 2005? Where and how to get the MT4 API and a reg. demo a/c? Thanks all Regards, Eugene
Hi, I wonder if there is any function or a smart way to clean everything that was retrieved/cached by OrderSelect() or any other function ? Something similar to RefreshRates(), something that will make me sure that next time I call OrderSelect it will return correct data and that in OrderTicket()...
[Deleted]
Hi - How do I generate a real-time stream of 1 hour candles (High, Low, Open, Close) on "EUR/USD"? What if I need 4 hour candles instead of 1 hour? What needs to change? Is there an indicator that already does this or do I need to create one myself?
ABS(((High-Low)/(Open-Close))*(Vol*(Open-Close))/1000... the meaning is not clear yet, but practically every following period works in 80% of cases...:-)) (divided by 1000 to get digits that are digestible and can be immediately covered by a glance)... What is it...either the inertia of a
How do I OverLay tick Chart on another offline tick chart? i.e. GBPUSD on EURUD - Tick Timeframe (Both Offline charts) I want to add the OverLayChart indicator on an offline chart i.e. !TickGBPUSD,M1 offline onto !TickEURUSD,M1 offline. The 2 indicator logtickdata and posttickdata, would create any...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I got tired of having Fibs on MT4 with levels that are not able to be modified individually... so I coded my own Fib which can have separate characteristics for each level... like different colors and thickness here is a pic of the completed indy : the question i have now is :...
hi did anyone have indicator that will draw horizontal line off last candle high and low ?
  Alpari's voracious terminals  (85   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
I have faced the problem of voraciousness of Alpari terminals. All other things being equal, the terminal from Alpari is consuming much more CPU resources than terminals from other brokers. Can anybody suggest how to deal with this problem... Thank you in advance
[Deleted]
I want to study call .ex4 file in library folder. but i failed, please help,thank you ! first I create a library file test1.mq4 as below test1.ex4 in library folder...
[Deleted]
Hi Staff: I've tried logging in a few times to my live MT4 acct, and I can bring up the Navigator as well as the Terminal, but I can't see the charts and graphs. What must I do to correct this? It's like flying blind. Help please.
  Array Function  (2)
Sir, I am using different indicators and calculations to identify levels of good support and resistance. Most of the time i get 5 or 6 differenet values. eg: 1. Daily R2 2. BB upper band level, etc.. How to identify the value close to the current bid. Means the lowest value above the current level...