MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1062

[Deleted]
Hi, This is my first post and Im guessing this is a very easy fix! I have been struggling with it for a while and was hoping someone could give me a little help. I am building a very simple EA, I set a golden range as an extern double (ie GoldenTop = 1.31000 and GoldenBottom = 1.30000) where I...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, im trying to write a simple indicator for MT4 that plot a trend line from the previously fractal High to the current candle High and a trend line from the previously fractal Low the current candle Low..im new in mq4 so an help would be appreciated.. thanx in advance!!!!!
Just as the questions says, and if so, how? Or, can only one array be passed to function? For example, if I needed 2 data sets, I would have to combine them to form a 2-dimensional array...? Thanks.
[Deleted]
My EA opens 3 buy trades this way: First buy trade opens at the market order Second buy order opens at 5 pips lower then the opening price of the first order Third buy order opens at 7 pips lower then the opening price of the first order If I close any one of the trades while the other two trades...
  What is Error:0  (9)
Hi I am using Robot Forex which is a scalper operating in 1 Min time frame for GBP/USD; I got this from some free website; It worked well for past 2 months; From yesterday the EA stopped working; The EA gets attached to the chart and the smiley looks fine, I am very very new to FX Trading and MT4; I...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I am a super beginner at MQL4, and I am actually using an online EA Builder - StrategyTune (strategytune.com/app/) to make my EA. I am very happy with what I can do with it so far, but I met with a problem with my EA. I am trying to make a very simple EA. Timeframe: Daily The rules are:...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to EA devel and I am already facing problems. I made a new EA with the wizard and tried to run it on some offline data (EUR/USD 4h). The offline data is the one provided by metatrader. However after I start the EA the Journal has hundreds of lines looking like this : 2008.03.31 19:26:41...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have been working on a simple support/resistance EA. The EA places a buy or sell order when the price meets the support/resistance line and the preceeding bar meets certain criteria. The problem I have is that if I close out the position (for whatever reason), the EA creates another...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to make the pip values appear at the 0.0, 0.236, 0.382, 0.5, 0.618, 1.0, 1.618, 2.618, & 4.236 levels in the fibo levels by editing the level and description?
So... It turns out that I cannot place anything else but TEXT (aka LABEL) with coordinates relative to window.... I had an idea for a graphic representation of signal meter that has do to with triangles -- got all exited - sketched out all the trigonometrical calculations - set down to code and it...
hi forum, i use an indicator which is named "o-bo trendbars". maybe some of you know it. the problem is that i only got a decompiled version of it and it's very hard for me to understand how it works. i wanted to make a small indicator which prints arrows everytime the color the the trendbars...
[Deleted]
Can anyone tell me if the opening price, lower price, Higher price in a chart of any period BID price or ASK prices? TIA
I would like to change following conditions so that it start trading instead of stop trading ... it should only start trading 5 min after high impact, can anyone help? fex. if NewsRatings[i] == 3 && TimeCurrent() <= AfterNews return(0); bool News() {   if (AvoidNews)      {...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to code an EA (using some already made codes) which does the following: Opens two pending orders, a sell stop and a buy stop, at a specific time (in this case 23:00), both with an SL and a TP.Expires the pending order at a certain time (for example at 10:00).If two trades are opened and...
  Chart Removal  (2)
How is a chart removed from the chart tabs? I've recently decided to work with some charts I hadn't worked with before and cease working with the GBPUSD,M1 chart for the time being. I've closed the chart and gone into File - Open Deleted - Remove to remove it but whenever I turn my computer off and
Is there a way I can get my trade buy and sell signals to automatically show arrows above and below price when I get a signal? Simple example: Stochastics is over 80, ADX is over 60 I will then automatically get an arrow above price on the date in which the sell signal occured. Thanks
Hello, i'd like to start MT4 from an application using CreateProcess. If doing so, my MT4 always pops up with login dialog missing password. When starting from desktop, all is ok. When starting from command line, all is ok. Setting working directory to MT4 folder or not makes no difference: login...
Hi, I've always programmed my mtf-indicator with this loop:    limit=Bars-counted_bars;   for(i=0,y=0;i<limit;i++)   {   if (Time[i]<TimeArray[y]) y++;   ....   } but know I have an indicator which shows a widget for the valid time f.e. the whole day. Therefore I only want the signal on the start of...
I wrote an indicator and decided to output the information via Comment(); I have made a simple test code and as a result the most recent message at the top of the Alerte is displayed correctly. I wrote a simple test code and as a result in Alerte the most recent message at the top is displayed
[Deleted]
Hi, i am new to MT4 and i have a question on expert advisors. when implementing an expert advisor, my program does not seem to be executing trades live despite showing that it would have done so during the backtest. Is there something wrong with the code? Any help will be appreciated! Cheer, JY
[Deleted]
Please help me how it works . I have an EA that depends on that system
Hi Besides Hanover's (free) Handy Utility - NumberToStr() - is there any other way to format numbers so that thousands and millions etc are automatically separated by commas, ie. 1,000,000. Handy Utility - NumberToStr() accomplishes said objective but poses problems to lengthy to go into. Thank in...
[Deleted]
Hi there! Sorry, I was looking at the forum but have not found an answer... but I think it's a very silly question. I have the next code: switch(Symbol()) { case "EURUSD" : A = 35; Z = 50; break; } Well, this code dont work and i dont know why.... pls i need some help :) note: single...
Hi, has anybody experiences, what is the fastest way of exchanging informations between two different metatrader accounts?? I think through a file it is too slow. The account are on the same pc.
[Deleted]
Hello, I have been playing around with an EA I am built and am getting confusing results. I am using Tick by Tick Model Data. My EA trades on 15 min bars. When I backtest over 6 months data, I get excellent results, however it only shows modeling quality of 50.38%. When I backtest over 2 years, the...
[Deleted]
I need to subtract, 1 day and 1 hour, from this server time below: 2012.02.10 00:06:53 so that I could obtain the server time below: 2012.02.09 23:06:53 How can I do this? any help please appreciated greatly
If an MT4 broker has a real STP / ECN - is there any way a trader can use an EA to take advantage of price feed, either by logging into 2 VPS or by any other means, which would cause the broker to actually lose money from his winning trades? I remember we had a client running a manipulative EA on...
When I start the build script, it does not write the CSV files to the folder (SEE 3rd Screenshot).The files are empty. I'm sure this is a simple fix for some around here. This is an issue in this article that did not get resolved 2 years ago, please can somebody show me what to do? Thank you!! https...
[Deleted]
My EA reads the server time and the currency from a File and then it tries to use the data in my iBraShift() function to get the opening price of a Bar which Shift point at. Here is the code below: string pair=StringSubstr(TYPE,3+u,6);string SEVTIME=StringSubstr(TYPE,144+zp,20); int...
[Deleted]
In the process of building an EA, I got a little confused with this question. As I understood it (and please correct me if I'm wrong), 'Volume' is basically the amount of price changes (i.e. incoming ticks) for every bar. One thing I've noticed is that often times, one tick would come in, but volume