MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1056

[Deleted]
To get MT to post arrows for past indication of some event I would do something like this... for (i=0; i<WindowBarsPerChart() ;i++)      {                       // 2 down bars below 0               if (( ExtBuffer0[i] < 0               && ExtBuffer3[i]-ExtBuffer4[i]<ExtBuffer3[i+1]-ExtBuffer4[i+1]...
Hello forum, Is there any tool available out there to monitor order execution, both in terms of 1) COMPUTING performance (split seconds of processing ticks by the EA, sending orders, related ping/connection speed metrics etc. 2) EXECUTION by broker/dealer (slippage, attempts,, errors, so on.) Some...
Hi all, Currently this code changes TP for all open orders (buy and sell) individually to 10 pips. Appreciated if someone can modify it,,, to include all pending orders too ... (buy limit, buy stop, sell limit, sell stop) Your guidance or support is appreciated. Cheers #property copyright...
[Deleted]
  EA making?  (1)
Hello! How can i read the extremeMode value in EA? Kind regards!
Hello, I would like to provide someone with an Indicator I made but make sure it does not get uploaded and get used by tons of pople. Does MQL have a serial-activation library that allows me to provide this person with an activation code and make sure only he makes use of it? If not, which is the...
Hi all, I'm quite new in coding mql4 and it goes quite well. I've build this ea (see attached file). But something will not work and that is that I want the orders work together. Example: When 1 buy order is opened that the second one opens x pips away from order 1 and order 3 after x pips from...
  To follow up  (504   1 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51)
I had a CodeBase entry on zigzags and horizontal channels on different indices. Recently one person wanted a Zigzag on a cross of two MAs, which he said publicly on the forum. It is not a difficult thing to do - just tweak the ready-made one and it is done. The foxy thing is that he corrected ZigZag
Hello, I just start learn to write ea, can somebody give your samples, how to code this Enter Short: Bar # 1 must be up bar, bar #0 price lower than bar #1 low price then enter short Thanks if Bar #1 = Up Bars (Close-Open) Bar#0 ask price < Bar #1 low price - 3pip OrderSend (Sell)
Greetings, Definition: chart height - the value that changes when you hold the Left_Mouse_Mutton while pulling upwards or downwards on the right edge of the chart window. I am searching for a way to write a script that will set the height of my chart. From looking at the available functions, it...
I know one broker whose MT4 platform will automatically update the take profit for working orders for the same currency pair. Is there a platform setting for this or is it a customization for that broker? What is the MT4 setting variable, the value for the setting to enable this? Or if this a...
[Deleted]
  Help with EA  (2)
Hello! I am writing an expert adviser and i have a problem. I am new in MQL. void Check(double& test,double& test2, bool& UP, bool& DOWN){ if( getvalue() > test ) { CloseAll(); OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.01,Ask,3,Bid-15*Point,Bid+6*Point); UP = true; DOWN = false; }...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I'm puzzled. I think my EA's are not being called at every tick, so I wrote a test program: int init()  {   Print("Ask is "+Ask);   return;  }//+------------------------------------------------------------------+int start()  {   Print("Ask is "+Ask);   return;  } The init() Print()...
Hello Who can help me? I`m new in writing codes for EA`s. I wrote my own EA, which open by crossing over MA. But after closing it's open again but that I don`t like. I want that he opens only one, means after closing he has to sleep until I open manuelly. Thank you.
Now i am trading with FXx Open, ecn account, but i don't understand something. Commission. I am trading 0.1 lots. There isn't much information about commission on the FX Open mainpage, so i want to get it clear here. How is commission calculated, and does it also has to do with how long the trade...
[Deleted]
Hi all, i am trying to code this part on "at the start of say, m5 candle, check the trend". how do I code it? I tried to test code -- at the start of every 5 min candle, enter a buy trade. CurrentTimeM5 = iTime(NULL, PERIOD_M5,1); CurrentTimeM1 = iTime (NULL, PERIOD_M1, 1); if( CurrentTimeM5 ==...
[Deleted]
I have a 2 dimensional array: TickData[][4]; With each new change in Bid price (skipping ticks with only Ask price changes) the array's size is incremented by 1 using the 'ArrayResize' function, and it's dimensions are populated with the following data:       TickData[arIndex][0] =...
  getsymbol()  (6)
Is there a way in MT4 maybe someone has written such a tool to obtain all available symbols offered by the broker independent of what chart it's loaded on, and then store them somewhere such as in a series of global vars or an array? For example one broker we are working with uses 2 EUR/USD symbols
Hi, I want to place a pending order that will expire within 5 minutes (from the placement of the stop order). Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lot,StopPrice,Slippage,0,0,"OrderSend function",0001,here I must put the expiration,Blue); // Order send I'm having difficulties with how to fill the...
Hi, I am just new to MQL. I learn well by modifying professionally written code. Right now I want to know how to modify an EA to automatically close orders that have run a certain (but Variable) amount of time, such as 4 hours or 2 days. It will, of course, be the first thing executed in the EA. I...
[Deleted]
Is there an EA that is based on ADX above 25. StochRSI will show which direction it is trending ( buy or sell) 30 pips and 10 pips stop-loss When ADX reduces, should close the trade
New article Trademinator 3: Rise of the Trading Machines is published at mql5.com: In the article "Dr. Tradelove..." we created an Expert Advisor, which independently optimizes parameters of a pre-selected trading system. Moreover, we decided to create an Expert Advisor that can not only optimize...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to open a window with an EA? E.g. the EA scans several symbols and if criteria is hit the found symbol shall be opened.
[Deleted]
%$ is this a built in global or function to be used with fibs only to show the price on level or are there other uses? any documentation to be found pertaining to this or articles etc. Saw this in a script called autofibtrend. usage as follows: ObjectSetFiboDescription(fib1, FibLevels, "%$" );...
  email alerts  (2)
Looking to ad an email alert to Parabolic sar indicator, and hma indicator. Thanks
[Deleted]
I would like to save chart's data for every 15 minutes, now I need to manually press Ctrl+S to save chart's data into csv file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in MT4? Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a indicator that I can't seem to find. I'm looking for a info panel that will look and display the following information, will be a located at the bottom left of the chart corner. Currency | todays-high | todays-range | spread | broker-time |...
Hello forum, Market is closed for testing, but I am looking into creating this static variable, to capture the value of OrderOpenPrice for subsequent use (ie, once the current order is closed by SL, the previous level is kept as reference), for example: BUY Order A : Open at 10, with SL at 9 Once...
[Deleted]
How would I do something like this... if (some condition){ObjectSetText("lblText", "Strong Buy", 24, "Arial", Green);}if (lblText == "Strong Buy"){ObjectSetText("lblConsensus", "The consensus is a strong buy.", 24, "Arial", "151,0,0");} The second condition is based on the contents of a label. This...
I recently read in a thread here that there is discretion in forex too - "like everywhere else in this world". I don't care about forex. Not having a maths background, it's hard for me to appreciate the case. But I don't understand discreteness in the physical sense - if there is a connection