MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1069

Hello, I am using 3 line break method as one of the confirmers for my trades. I have found an indicator in the codebase section (link: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9849) but struggle to understand how to turn it into and EA. I mean I have copied the code into a new EA document, and even entered...
[Deleted]
Need assistance to convert the following MT4 indicator to MT5, I've tried converting from MT4 to MT5 but no avail, still unable to run mq5 indicators due to some errors. I've attached the mt4 and mt5 indicators. I'd appreciate if you can help me and send an email to hoffman2503 (yahoo) If you can...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am was using OANDA MT4 and this morning i wasn't able to connect. Oanda support informed me to uninstall the app and reinstalled it. It worked fine for the first time then when I close and re-open it my old settings come back from the previous install. I did the following trouble shooting...
Hi, I can't find the possibility to close only the half of my position. With OrderModify() I can only modify the hole position
[Deleted]
Given this: Close[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,nLength,1)]); //<---- get highest close Is there a way to get the shift of the above bar using a combination of ibarshift() iTime() etc? Without using a loop?
[Deleted]
Hello. I draw a rectangle object on my Chart in H1. ObjectCreate("Box", OBJ_RECTANGLE,0, ...) If I change to another timeframe on chart, the object is not shown. If I go back to H1 it's gone too. Any ideas, why? I delete this object in init(), deinit(). But neither shouold be executed, changing the...
Hello I have expert advisor to the following modification: The expert works martingale type, give orders, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30,0.40, when you have many open orders, sometimes you can not close them all, because the price has changed. I need to change the advisor in this function whenever reaches the...
  error 130  (2)
hello, can someone explain to me why the system generates error 130 invalid_stops with stoploss of 100 pips? Thank you!
I run a ' homemade' expert advisor on demo. And use it on different charts, also i use for each chart different indicators for the expert advisor. Now i have 7 charts running, so 7 times the ' same' expert advisor. All of them are profitable. How do i know, without sitting the whole day behind my...
Hi, does anyone know how to use "iCCIOnArray()" in the way listed below? 1. iCCI period 10, shift 0, crosses over the "100". Wait... 2. Next, iCCI period 10, shift 0, crosses back below the "100". Place an order. I have discovered the documentation: iCCIOnArray(ExtBuffer,total,12,0)>iCCI(NULL,0,20...
hello guys, i've just come up with an idea of trading strategy ... well, my strategy is to double the lot size if the last trade was loss (s/l was hit), and if there was a profit trade (t/p was hit) then the lot should normalize to initial lot size. The EA should open the trade randomly with custom
I have been using the following code to select an open order in the client terminal: for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){ if(OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true)   { I have an EA running on several currency pairs but only allowed one trade per currency pair. Do i really need to use the loop...
Hello every1 I'm working with OANDA MT4 Ver: 4 Build 406. I have an EA that checks for closed orders in the History Pool whenever there's an order closed. Sometimes 2 new orders are spawned in the history pool for each order i close. One is the order i have closed and the other is the interest on it...
I would like to have Function to buy 100%margin. I do not know calculation method. Please I would like to know if there is script
  Use Java In MQL4  (2)
hi I am a Java programmer - how to write functions of MQL4 in java and compile this java file that contain My MQL4 functions and use it compiled java in one mql4 file and call all of Functions that is in Compiled java . If anyone has information please help me in this case and in this regard if...
Hi All, There's finally a good solution to the issue of not being able to move charts across screens in MetaTrader 4. This tool runs in the background, is very lightweight, and will work on any instance of MT4 on your computer. Float one chart or float all charts at once. This progam adds menu items...
Hello forum, I have a pretty cool EA from a programmer (I am quite new at this), by the good old logic: if CONDITION A, open if CONDITION B, close but I would like to add a little tweak, as follows: if CONDITION A, open if: 1) CONDITION B, close; or 2) stop loss was reached BEFORE...
As many people know, portfolio strategy can low down the risk greatly. "portfolio" can refer to any kinds of matrix, for example, one EA is applied for multiple currency pairs, or one currency pair with multiple EAs. But I find a problem in backtesting, in MT4 tester, seems I can only choose one...
Hi dear all, want to ask a question about journal in MT4 tester, does anyone know what PrevPL means? I searched all threads in Forum but didn't find any clues about it... seems it's a too basic question to be asked here, but I really want to know the answer. Thanks and Best Rgds!
[Deleted]
I need to get: Time, Ask, Bid. For example: 100 ticks ago, what was the tick Time, Ask, and Bid prices? Currently I have achieved this by having the EA save all tick data in an Array when it starts running. However the obvious limitation here is that I can't access any tick info from the time before...
  Html scripts  (1)
Hallo, ich bin auf der Suche nach einem Script, mit dem ich einen Leser für Audio-Spuren in eine Html-Webseite einfügen kann. Ich brauche dabei folgende Funktionen: Eine Auflistung der zur Auswahl stehenden Musikspuren, ein Foto, das man in jede Spur einfügen kann, einen Rollbalken, um schnell in...
[Deleted]
Hi, From 3 months I founnd good strategy for trading and results are great. I use very strange method but I like it. Can I ask for some help in changing the settings on the indicator I use? if someone want help me, please write private! Thanks
Hi does anyone know if it is possible to average the highs and lows of the current market to determine a stop loss for an ea? The market is trending, ranging, or straight up traveling sideways. I was thinking, why not use an indicator like fractals to determine the average dips (ranges) within the...
[Deleted]
I have a function: Alert("Result: ", DoubleToStr(MyFunction(5),2));double MyFunction(int i) {   int k = 43;   return(i/k);}// Result should be: 0.11// Result returned is: 0.00 I've tried it with and without the 'DoubleToStr()' function! The returned result is always the same: 0.00! I've also tried:...
If you move Market Watch and Navigator around with your curser it sometimes suddenly changes to full width of the terminal window. How do you get it back to the normal narrow size?
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum and metatrader 4. I wonder if there is a simple script I can run to download all FX pairs' history data instead of manually download all of them each at history center. Thanks, Zhenduo
[Deleted]
  Usa Resitents  (8)
I have seen a lot of Broker's saying that usa residents are not allowed .... my question why ?????? and some say it is due to NFA rules ... what is NFA ....///
Hello all. it's me again :(( is anybody there to help me how can i calculate time and price of two crossed trend lines? i have a code for it but it has some worng. i want it be exact with any pips difference... thank you
  ICHIMOKU ORDER CLOSE  (12   1 2)
I'm having trouble closing my opened order. Any ideas? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                              ICHIMOKU_SIMPLE.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, please, I can´t find instruction for my matter. I saw this somewhere along here.... I want to open new chart with my own template - automatically (with using MQL) Thank you for your help, code example please Nice week! Endy