MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1066

B"H Hello, Couldn't find such an answer on the forum... Does the Open[] time-series hold bars opening Bid rate or Ask rate, or something else altogether? Thanks much.
Hi, please I need some help. I.m writing a code that has to take orders to buy or sell based on the price of the last candle is above or below the upper or lower IMA. I have a big problem with my code, because this send to the market hundreds of buy or send orders depending on whether the trend is...
[Deleted]
Hello all. I'm new to MT4 and programming. I'm trying to learn! Simple question: Every time you change an EA do you have to restart the MT4 platform to take effect? Thanks
[Deleted]
  Erasing lines  (4)
How do you erase fib lines nad trend lines? I hit the delete key and nothing happened.. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone! I am following this forum for quite a while and I coded my first attempts to make an EA. As I am a fulltimetrader I do not have the time to get into that programming topic deeply enough and as I am not the most talented coder, it would take years, I think. I trade some strategies
It's been a long time since I've created new topics, but being on this forum for a year now, I see that a frightening number of people in our community of mts'niki traders don't understand or know the tools they need to work with. On the other hand, about half a year ago the forum administration
[Deleted]
Basically I would like to know how to use an indicator to dictate an "EA's" actions. i.e. //buy and sell at the "turning points". if indicator > 0 { Buy(); } if indicator < 0 { sell(); }
[Deleted]
I have taken a look at a few indicators that can do it, but I would like to do it directly from my EA without using an indicator. I have thought about putting my EA logic into an indicator and running the EA and the indicator on the same chart. In theory that would work but that seems like a long...
All, I'm having issues with my EA opening trades where the spread is incorrect, i.e. the spread should be 2 pips yet the trade opens with -20 pips, from what I have read this is caused by the fact that my EA is not setup correctly for my 5 digit broker. The EA was created using the following website...
Greetings I am not a programmer (just know enough to be dangerous) and need some help programming the highest & lowest point of an indicator in the last 30 60 bars. I can do it with to the price range with no problem Example: double L_Range=(Low[iLowest(NULL,TI,1,30,1)]); double
[Deleted]
New to MQL programming. I would like to use the open/close of 1-hour bars (but have the code flexible if possible to adjust to any period) for signals to trade but I'm having issues. Idea 1a. If previous Open <= previous Close then create an order to sell at 5 pips higher than current 1-hour bar's...
Objects keep disappearing from my charts. I think, but I'm not certain, that it only happens when I close and restart MetaTrader. It is the case for trendlines that I add with my EA, for trendlines that I add manually and for the little arrows that mark where I've done trades. I don't delete any...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, For training and educational purposes, I am working on a trade copier project . The project consists of two EAs (Master and Slave) which communicate through a mysql database. I am able to write, read into the database but I have the following issue : How should I organize the
One week ago i started to develop an interface between EAs and PHP, throug a local webserver (127.0.0.1). but it works too on a real webserver. you can open and close orders via the browser/webserver and receive data in your browser about the current status etc. its not secure, no https, no password...
Hi, I want to see the tick that close the bar and the previous bar. I need this information to compare the prize of the tick that close the current bar and compare this prize with the prize of the one EMA, if the prize of this tick is above of the EMA I will buy if not no. For this is very importan
Hello, I tought it would be fun to collect some fakts and myths. I will edit the first post and build a index as long i can (After some time i cannot edit the post anymore) Some basic rules: Every indicator ! MUST ! be attached so that others can redo the calculations. Explain your way of dooing the
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, Could someone help me with this issue? I've been using my EA's for years and this has only recently showed up. Every now and then my disk space is suddenly used up to about 99 per cent of its capacity. It goes away when I delete my mt4 demo account. This has happened 3 times...
[Deleted]
For the benefit of the forum members I have attached a spread sheet that will give you a ballpark idea if your EA will make money or not even before you code it. The spread sheet determines the expectation value or the change in equity of your account after a given number of trades have occurred....
  Help my  (1)
Help me,,, I want to insert code into Ea Filters This Time ..... //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| escape.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2009, OGUZ BAYRAM | //|...
hi, I made one dll that return array or vector. I want know I can read this array or vector in mql or not? If yes, how? Regards,
Meanwhile i have over 400 indicators in the indicators folder, while i use only i think 10 of them… And i think removing the indicators i don't need will be better for the total performance of my computer. To have only the needed indicators in the indicators folder, so 10 indicators in the folder
Hellotogether, I amsearching for a Point & Figure Template for the MetaTrader4. At the bestwith source code to can modify the template for my needs. Where I canfind it, or who can construct such one? Thanks alot for help. Christo
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I am looking for good historical data since I have gaps in my history and a lot of mismatched errors. Can anybody help me ? Thanks in advance,
Hello, I am looking for accurate historical prices of tick by tick or 1-minute resolution as much as 10 years backward or alike. I downloaded EURUSD data from MT, but there are some issues with that: 1. I was told the data represents only bid prices - the ask prices are not taken into consideration....
Hi first post here but hoping that someone could have a look at this (i'm not a gifted developer). I'm trying to call the attached indicator (an adx-osma indi) with an EA but i don't know which buffer with which values to call to get the red and green bars. Could someone please help me? Thank you
[Deleted]
Hello. I'm trying to create an indicator but to do this i need to implement to code an array of high precision doubles and i dont know how to do this. For example: Array[3]=4.12345678; I tried many different functions but they aren't work for example DoubleToStrMorePrecision() create a string and...
[Deleted]
  Back testing  (2)
Hello all! on this topic I want talking about back-testing software.... what you think about backtesting, what software can be useful for you?
[Deleted]
I use metatrader 4 and wand to backtest indicators with simpleforextester EA. The speed is very slow on daily chart Can increase speed in strategy tester?
[Deleted]
I try to backtest multiframe indicators for example MTF MACD weekly timeframe on daily chart but do not work! Any solutions help?
Hello there, I am currently using this simple hedging tactic, which implies entering oposite signal trades from one chart when certain things happen with an already open order in another (same symbol and timeframe). Is there anyway I can automate this? i.e. is there any way I can have a condition...