TEST GENERATOR UNMATCHED ERROR,WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

I tested expet advisor on meta trader EA tester,I noticed that The EA was not executed,, I checked the jornal what i saw is this...(2009.07.22 03:28:22 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.4192 at 2009.07.22 13:15 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.4193 mismatches).I don't quite understand what this is,please can somebody explain.Thanks.

Unmatched data error refers to the price history, not your code.

https://www.mql4.com/search/Unmatched%20data%20error

BarrowBoy:

Unmatched data error refers to the price history, not your code.

This is the sort of thing which cloudbreaker usually says but, seeing this question for the 19,000th time on this forum in the few months I've been reading it, the forum could really do with a "sticky" topic listing questions (and their answers) which get asked over and over again. Off the top of my head you'd include the following items in it:

• Modelling quality and "unmatched errors" in the strategy tester
  • Comparing two double values which should be equal but the code says they're not (i.e. CompareDouble)
  • Files "disappearing" on Vista
  • Error 130 when placing orders
  • How to close all orders
  • Preventing an EA from opening more than one position at once
  • Debugging and tracking errors (i.e. use Print)

The system could present this list to someone before they post their first question on the forum. Given the tracking which the system already does of which articles you've read, a cloudbreaker-style solution would be to force people to read up on all these topics before they're allowed to make a post to the forum.

jjc:

This is the sort of thing which cloudbreaker usually says but, seeing this question for the 19,000th time on this forum in the few months I've been reading it, the forum could really do with a "sticky" topic listing questions (and their answers) which get asked over and over again.

I think we have more useful thing on our forum - Similar Topics: A New Function on Our Forum

Rosh:

I think we have more useful thing on our forum - Similar Topics: A New Function on Our Forum

Unless I'm missing something, this isn't really "more useful" in this context. This forum suffers from massive duplication of questions because people aren't doing searches to see if their question has been answered already. Therefore, the "similar" link isn't applicable - unless someone submits a topic, sees that their post has been marked as similar to existing ones, and then deletes the post because they've now found an answer. But this very clearly isn't happening. Whatever you may think of the virtues of the "similar" link, people aren't using it. The "similar" link is cute technology, but the simpler "sticky FAQ" approach used on other forums is clearly more effective.

But thanks for the response. It's always nice to see moderators taking an interest.

jjc:

Unless I'm missing something, this isn't really "more useful" in this context. This forum suffers from massive duplication of questions because people aren't doing searches to see if their question has been answered already. Therefore, the "similar" link isn't applicable - unless someone submits a topic, sees that their post has been marked as similar to existing ones, and then deletes the post because they've now found an answer. But this very clearly isn't happening.

I disagree with you. If person doesn't want to search - he never will seacrh. There is excellent search engine on our forum too.

Rosh:

If person doesn't want to search - he never will seacrh. There is excellent search engine on our forum too.

So, don't make them search. That's precisely the point of a clearly advertised "sticky FAQ" topic.

A lot of the duplicate questions come from first-time posters. That means that they're finding it easier to sign up for the forum, wait for a confirmation email, and then post a new topic than to do a search or use the "similar" links. Something is wrong with this picture.

jjc:

So, don't make them search. That's precisely the point of a clearly advertised "sticky FAQ" topic.

A lot of the duplicate questions come from first-time posters. That means that they're finding it easier to sign up for the forum, wait for a confirmation email, and then post a new topic than to do a search or use the "similar" links. Something is wrong with this picture.

If they can't even make an effort to do a simple search, is there any point in them spending any more time on this forum and attempt to write an EA?

blogzr3:

If they can't even make an effort to do a simple search, is there any point in them spending any more time on this forum and attempt to write an EA?

Well, yes, but see LEHayes's response in '*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ***'

I've only just now read this particular thread.

Seems jjc and I posted a very similar list of common questions completely independently.

Spooky or what.

CB

I created this article awhile ago about getting accurate backtests from MT4. This is exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2010/12/28/setting-up-metatrader-for-better-backtesting-quality/

Reason: