MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1026

[Deleted]
can anyone advise, what's the coding for at the start of each candle (different from the time frame you are using for the EA itself) thanks!
[Deleted]
  Day of week  (3)
This is my first encounter with this function. Comment("DayOfWeek() ", DayOfWeek()); When I run on strategy tester it shows me always number 5, no matter what day. Can somebody please help? Thank you.
[Deleted]
hi i have just switched to android from iphone and bought the new htc one x. The problem i have is that i have to always setup the symbols i trade every time i launch the application. It doesn't save the symbols like it does on the iphone version. i am not sure if its how i close the app that...
[Deleted]
BJ A TOUS, BESOIN D'AIDE..je développe une methode trading forex et, je recherche un indicateur avec alerte "popup" pour savoir : quand la ligne de cotation coupe (hausse/baisse) mes lignes exterieurs de bbollinger. Merci ! celui qui me trouve ca recevra ma methode !!
  MT4 crashing silently  (17   1 2)
Hi All, I am hoping that someone has seen this before. I have an FXCM MT4 b419 system running on a VPS. Occasionally when I log into the VPS I find MT4 is closed. The VPS hasn't been restarted and it looks as though MT4 has crashed. Anyone seen this before, or have any ideas how to replicate the...
[Deleted]
According to the official MQL4 documentation for trading functions (https://docs.mql4.com/trading) a MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal has only one thread for trading operations which means only one trading operation can be executed at the same time - others fail with the error 146...
[Deleted]
hey, i am trying to check for intersection between ma 20 and ma 50, the function i wrote seem to work, but its seems to be non consistentic. sometimes (depends of current value) the intersection accures when the substraction of the two MA's is ~0.2 and sometimes its ~1.4. how can i determine for...
[Deleted]
What is the shift parameter for? It was explained as "Index of the value taken from the indicator buffer (shift relative to the current bar the given amount of periods ago). " which i could not understand what it means? Say i was to get the value of previous bar closing price, i should use -1, 0...
Trying to figure out a 'kluge' / 'work around' for Conditional Branching/GoTo in MQL4
How to configure MT4 to send a email with my account balance every X minutes? Is it possible? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Usually, many of you trade on 1 chart - on 1 pair - having a constant profit from one chart - I went further --- and decided to shelve the currencies - the euro to the euro and then the hedge The market is a converter! All pairs are interrelated and USD is the main reserve currency - and usually
[Deleted]
Good evening! I want to calculate the lotsize depending on the risk per trade. Therefore I calculate the value per pip like that: double pips2dbl;   if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3)    {pips2dbl = Point*10;} else {pips2dbl = Point;}double pip_value  = (pips2dbl/Ask) * 100000; If I do that calculation...
[Deleted]
First, this is a simple admission: I am feeling like I'm crap at this coding 'Milarkey' at the moment, but I am not giving up!! The following is a mash-up of code which I have stitched together whilst I am learning. What I am trying to achieve is link the Indicator to the EA so it will trade...
[Deleted]
What's better in terms of performance? : Use global variables for acces them from differents functions in the EA, or declare as local in start function and pass through parameters to other used functions? (like indicators, that are re-calculated every time in the start loop) Thanks
Can anyone help me explain how this vr--setka ea work... this ea make unbelievable 200% profit in 3 months when i tested it in strategy tester even though i know its impossible for this ea to keep get profit that much in the other months... or in real trading.... maybe january from march is an...
I adapted the 3_bar_swing.mq4 indy to have fewer criteria so that lows are not considered in the downswingbar and highs are not considered in the upswingbar I would like to adapt it further to cope with situations where there are equal highs and equal lows in the pattern so, the downswing bar would...
[Deleted]
My expert uses bar data to analyze the market. Sometimes (rarely) you get a message in the chart "WAITING FOR UPDATE", which I assume is due to some lag between my computer and the server. The problem is, right after that message disappears and the bar chart is displayed again, the expert just stops...
[Deleted]
Hi, I wonder if anyone has come across this problem. I run Win server 2008 16gig Memory and 8 core processor. When i launch more than 86 meta traders on the server, The CPU runs about 10% and memory used is less than 5 gig, But I start to get this error, "Failed to create empty document" in an MT4...
All, As per thread http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=5662238#post5662238, the broker's MT4 server keeps terminal login active for 30 seconds only, after the last 'activity' from the terminal. Therefore, if you send a order after a period of inactivity, a fresh login is done which...
I am in search of a good, stable, easy to use, clean news calendar indi that will allow me to plot the red flags news days onto my chart. I do not need my chart to look like a xmas tree:) So if I could select which type of news, that would be great. Some of what I've seen are just too noisy/busy....
Any Acccurate indicator in forex market, already we paid somany trading system. please provide us any accurate indicator or website.
[Deleted]
Hi does anyone know when we select the trades by position eg 0, 1, 2 in the 'trade pool' and 'history pool'. 0 mean the trade at the top of the list. But is this affected by how the rows are sorted when we manually clicked the column headers ? Would it affect how the EA select trades, if we click on...
[Deleted]
Hello I managed to install the same MT4 version from the same broker, displaying prize information with 5 digits (with tick) and in the other version only with 4 digits (without tick). Is there a parameter in MT4 which controls the format of the prize info or is this a broker controled issue ? If
  indicator tester  (1)
How do I test my indicator with MT4 ? I would like to run it like I test an EA.
Hello Please guide me how I can Export Tick chart to excel chart?I want to transfer live tick chart from Mt4 to Excel and also save all there? Or please guide me what kind of program is suitable to save the live tick chart there? I attached the Tick chart indicator here I am waiting for your help
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to find the exact level where they cross the "macd" and the signal. for example, I have this: extern double MACDOpenBuyLevel   = -10;MacdPrevious   =iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,2;SignalPrevious =iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,2);MacdCurrent...
Hi everyone, I want to learn to code in MQL4 but I don't know where to start. I've read a lot that you should learn C++ before you start with MQL4, but I've also heard that any programming experience is fine. I am a web application developer that mainly uses PHP, JavaScript and SQL. Based on what...
Can EA detect if other EAs are running in other charts of the same terminal? And can there be a list provided of the name of the EA? Is there a method to detect the uptime of the terminal (amount of days:hours:min:sec the terminal has run since the process is running)?
hi, i set the different MA lines to different color such as 7 MA to White, 38 MA to Red and 140 MA to Blue. however, when i do backtest and then open the chart window, all the MA lines become to Red, i have to change them manually everytime. Can be them done as the same as preset in the...
New article Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices is published: The main drawback of traditional methods for displaying price information using bars and Japanese candlesticks is that they are bound to the time period. It was perhaps optimal at the time when...