Which is more important - the entrance or the exit? Is the entry point even important? Is the exit point even important?

Sat )

Interested in an opinion on all three questions, preferably with an intelligible explanation of why.

The answer should not depend on the trading system used.

I will give my opinion later) if necessary.

Of course! )

In my opinion, entry is more important. If the entry is accurate, the position is almost immediately profitable. And the correct exit point only affects the profit margin. If the entry is inaccurate, the best way to make a profit is to be lucky enough to wait out the drawdown, which may not always be acceptable and may cause a stop loss.

avtomat:
Of course it is! )

- Which is more important, the entrance or the exit?

- Yes! )

TheXpert:

What are the options? There are only four combinations:

• only the inputs are important;
  • only the outputs are important;
  • both inputs and outputs are important;
  • inputs and outputs are not important;

For each profitable system, apply one of these variants.
For example, for a simple martingale, we will apply the last option, for an improved one - one of the first three. // IMHO.

TheXpert:

Sat )

I would like an opinion on all three issues, preferably with a clear explanation of why.

I will give my opinion later ) if necessary.

All questions are secondary to the model on which the TS is built. It determines the profitability of the TS. And mere entry-exit is the eagle-eye chewed on the next thread.

faa1947:

Before you answer at least one of my questions posed to you specifically, all your answers are treated as flooding )

So I'll ask.

faa1947:
All questions are secondary to the model on which the TS is built. It determines the profitability of the TS. And just entry/exit is an eagle that is chewed up on the next thread.
I think in a good TS they should be interrelated. We should enter by the immutable, well-developed rules of a repeatedly tested TS and stay in the market as long as necessary until market parameters begin to contradict the entry conditions. Each time you cannot look for "other" entry conditions, you cannot rush from side to side in search of the best entry - they should be formalized once and for all, at least this should be strived for. In my TS the entry conditions are defined by the global trend. I dive into the abyss of the market with buy orders and win with them and then I go uphill with sell orders and come down with them to the level surface and the cycle repeats, so to speak. The duration of this or that cycle depends on the global trend and the selected TF.

DmitriyN:

What are the options? There are only four combinations:

I forgot two more.

For example, for a simple martingale the last option applies, for an advanced one one one of the first three. // IMHO.

The answer should not depend on the system used.

TheXpert:
Before you answer at least one of my questions posed to you specifically, all your responses are treated as flooding )

It would be more useful to hear the opinion of successful, albeit risky, traders on the subject.

What makes you think he's a trader?
Reason: