MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1025

EA and Stoploss  (6)
Hello! i am having problems getting my EA to add a stoploss that is very close to the entry price, for example when trading live I cannot get my EA to add a stoploss if it is under the broker minimum is there a limitation on the platform that stops an EA from re-adding a stop loss if at first it...
Greetings, (Lots of questions lately... ) Anyway, I like the system that MT4 paints the price tab in red or green 10 pips before it takes an action (SL, TP or buy/sell if pending) It works fine with currencies like EURUSD, but in some commodities like FT_GOLD, it paints these tabs "too late". I...
When the EA quited, It stores its value till next run (session) of the EA, or reseted by initial value at the beginning of next session ? Thanks for help.
[Deleted]
Hi, Normally to replace squiggly lines on indicators to histogram bars I simply replace the text in the code DRAW_LINE with DRAW_HISTOGRAM. In the attached code, DRAW_LINE is missing so I was hoping that someone could explain how I can amend it to display bars instead. I've been searching for...
Greetings, I would like to calculate the value of one 1 lot (in US dollars) of each pair or commodity that I trade on, and to place that value at the corner of my screen. Is there such script already ? James
New article A Few Tips for First-Time Customers is published at mql5.com: A proverbial wisdom often attributed to various famous people says: "He who makes no mistakes never makes anything." Unless you consider idleness itself a mistake, this statement is hard to argue with. But you can always...
[Deleted]
  trailing stops  (4)
Does anybody know of a script that allows applying trailing stops to all open positions of the same currency/commodity rather than one at a time? Is there another DragDrop like with T/P and S/L?
Hi all, I am just a newbie in coding EA. I heard much about kinds of EA programs. My problem is: How to choose the best for my favorite ? I don't believe there is an EA that works well with any pair, or/and with any timeframe. I think an EA must be intended for a certain pair on a certain timeframe,...
  get shape on EA  (3)
hi, how can I get EA code to descript the various shape of bars or MACD? such as double bottom , head and shoulder? some examples for reference? Thanks
Nowadays, expert advisors have become more & more sophisticated with more variables. The expert property window in normal and optimization mode cannot be resize and the height is quite short for an expert advisor with common variables. I used to mod the window but not able to do it now since the...
is they any way to change mt4 password by EA or dll, i want to implement auto log out mechanism to overcome revenge mentality
New article How to Post a Product in the Market is published at mql5.com: Publish your interesting applications in the Market, and they will be immediately available to all traders who use MetaTrader 5 worldwide. The Market is a great opportunity to earn, with an immediate transfer to the account...
I'm using oanda and when ever i pick lot size i can't go above 0.05, it says i don't have enough money. I have set my balance at $1,000 50:1 When I buy the price moves very little (in cents) it takes a while to get a dollar. it also says margin used is $120 and margin free is $880 (because of...
Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 421 Over the next few days, we will release the MetaTrader 4 update. In addition, from June 1, 2012 support for client terminals older than build 416 will be discontinued. In this regard, we strongly recommend all traders to update their...
I wonder if there is a function to read a var that its name is constructed with StringConcatenate() Note: AFAIK, arrays not allowed as external variables So, let say we have 16 external variables called 'trade1' to 'trade16'. Each such var holds an integer number that is a valid OrderTicket() from...
Hi, Lets say we have two instruments that follow the same trend. E.G. Dax and DJ, or WTI and brent. if there is a certain gap between them, you open long position of the upper and a short position of the lower insturment. Position close when they meet. Is it possible to program an EA that can do it...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I am optimizing an EA and have a quick question. Can i load the platform twice or three times and run multiple tests? or will the two sharing back data get confused? It takes so damn long to run a test and wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks
[Deleted]
In my EA order is not placed by EA. The code is given below Any solution? if(manualshort){if(Close[0]< sellline){ if ((CurTime()- Time[0])>= 360){  if(cnt<2){res=  OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,1*PipFactor,0,0,"Volume: "+Volume[0]+"Time: "+TimeCurrent(),SellOrder,0,Red); cnt++;...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone! I have several charts opened where is have drawn specific levels as horizontal lines. If those lines are broken, I want to get a signal. I found that code #property show_inputs#import "user32.dll"   int GetParent(int hWnd);   int SendMessageA(int hWnd, int Msg, int wParam, int...
[Deleted]
New to MT4. Trying to set up my system. I want to add two moving average lines, one at 10 and one at 5. I have set the 10 to Red and the 5 to Yellow, but both display as grey lines, making it almost impossible to distinguish between them on the chart. All my other lines display in the correct
Hi all, when an order is opened my expert writes a comment in the order. Can I avoid that the expert modifies the comment when half position is closed at target price? Thank you!
Hi, when I open my metatrader account and use the following functions on my ea: iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1,0) or iBarShift(Symbol(), PERIOD_M1, TimeTemp,true) I get sometimes on the first call a different result as in the second call (on tick after). Does anybody realized the same? Should I call...
Hello, I need your help with code for “conditional order”. If you know where I can get it or if you can help me to build it, I really appreciate! Here is how it works: Assume that right now EU is 1.2610 1. If EU move to level X, I will place a Sell Stop (or Buy Stop) order at level Y (with a...
  Help with ordermodify  (11   1 2)
Hi partners, i have one error to put SL and TP after trade opened. Correct is with ordermodify command right? follow my cod part with buy trade: ******************************* // Buy criteria if ( g_buy > 0 && lowA <= g_buy && ma2 > ma3) int openbuy=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,0...
  MQLEditer4 file  (11   1 2)
Hi folks, I have a strange thing in my MT4 Include folder. All the Include files are labelled "MQLEditer4.file" !! I have searched these threads and the web for information, to no avail. Do I have a problem or not? My MT4 seems to work OK. Also, I have 4 other copies of MT4 from different brokers...
  contact me  (1)
detman68@yahoo.com needed one person to write code for sma cross over EA this will pull the pips out of the trened on any time fram. put in messaage from MQL$ I will only share this with one person. act now
I'm trying to have a custom indicator give me an Alert and also send me an email (Sendmail) when a criteria is met. The Alert is working. The SendMail is giving me errors. ')' wrong parameters count Is there some kind of different syntax between the two that I should be aware of?...
I recently placed the ADX indicator in an EA and then ran the tester program and then saved the indicator results into a text file. I then compared the text file values for the ADX indicator to the Data Window's values for this indicator. What I noted was that for bar 0 the valuation in the text...
If before call the functions,OrderSend() and OrderClose() the expert check in external database the value of Ask and Bid and if the price can be placed, for takeprofit and stoploss the same process will be done. What is the opnion of experts programmers ? sorry my bad english ...
I'm using Build 419. I started the Strategy Tester using the MT4 "MACD Sample" EA. When the chart appeared and the price line began to move, I Paused the test. I then placed a Buy order at the chart price of 1.29317 However, the resulting order in the Terminal window shows a price of 1.27771, not...