MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1029

[Deleted]
Hi to all. I am looking for someone who can solve this task: I need to automatize switching between accounts (i.e.: handling login procedure) . Is there a chance to have this task smartly solved by batch, API and Dll or whatever? Many thanks to all. Simon (minkobliss@hotmail.it)
[Deleted]
  Data Download  (2)
I downloaded history data from IBFX. However, the data from Jan-2012 until now is missing. I tried to many other ways such as download again...... but I can't get these data :(. Please help me to fix this problem. Thank you very much.
[Deleted]
Confessions of an EA programmer. I have developed quite a lot of Eas and indicators for many people some free and others I charged money, overall I felt this is as a thankless job. Reasons are as below. Most “EA ideas” don't work and the people realize the problem after it has been programmed. If...
can anyone fix the 1clickpips EA they are not working they have not placed any trades as of yet I do not know why while on thier site they say it can give 63000$ in tow weeks from 1000$ deposit also the extreme version is ten times the usual version the EA's are attached if you can crack them...
[Deleted]
please help me to make EA with custom indicator Sultan Range Channel My Logical : Open buy : if the Price Touch the Top SRC 1 ( and then close all Sell Orders) if the price touch the Top SRC 2 if the price touch the Top SRC 3 Open Sell : if the price touch the Low SRC 1 ( and then close...
[Deleted]
  Help with my first EA  (11   1 2)
Hello, I have recently started exploring mql4 language and here is my first, very simple EA. For a starter I tried to emulate this candle pattern: http://www.candlesticker.com/Cs59.asp But when it comes to testing, I have no results at all. Did I miss something? I was wondering if anyone would be...
Hi all, I am looking for an indicator that draws a short horizontal bar through the mid point of bars. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance Mark
Today we release the new MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 416, which was announced earlier. Important: From June 1, 2012 client terminals older than build 416 will be no longer supported. We strongly recommend you to update your terminals to build 416. MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an expert which imports some win32 API functions. One of the functions, WriteFile, returns 0 on error and you have to call GetLastError() in the win32 API to get the error code. However there is a conflict, because mql4 has its own GetLastError. If you call mql4's GetLastError when there...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have been struggling hard to figure out for any given symbol, how to find out the number of pips between two prices. Remember some broker give 5 decimals points instead of 4 ( example EURUSD ). I saw all sort of complications when indexes, commodities and other exotic currencies come in...
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me to add a Breakeven function into this EA? The idea is that if the price moves in favour for a number of pips set by the Breakeven function, then the stop loss will automatically be adjusted to breakeven. Thanks a million!!
  why won't this code work?  (17   1 2)
the EA should open a new trade when the "ask" price drops below a certain price. however, the EA does not open a trade until it is compiled. i am thinking it should open a trade on its own. where are i going wrong? int start() { int j; if (LotDecimal==0) LotDecimal = LotDecimal();...
Is there a way to do this? I see that they're being truncated as the list is getting long ....
[Deleted]
  Monitoring trailing stop  (13   1 2)
Hi All, My broker has the option for a trailing stop. However many times the trailing stop doesn't work. Does anybody know a simple way to monitor the trailing stop on all open orders and close the open positions which hit the trailing stop? The open orders are placed manually. Thanks in advance!...
I am using version 4.0 Build 419. I found an error 138 in my EA backtest in the strategy tester and then I tried to simplify the code to see what was wrong. But finally, it was simplifed to the following code. int start() { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Bid,10,0,0," ",0,0,Blue); return(0);...
Can anybody give me link on how to download Fibonacci Pivot Point
[Deleted]
friends, When I use Comment(text) where text is defined as string, I get 8 digits decimal output for H3,L3 and pips value as 1.69451000 on mt4 screen in place of 5 digits decimal 1.69451 I want to exclude the zeros. Any solution to get output with 5 digits sunil int start()  {...
New article Getting Rid of Self-Made DLLs is published at mql5.com: If MQL5 language functional is not enough for fulfilling tasks, an MQL5 programmer has to use additional tools. He\she has to pass to another programming language and create an intermediate DLL. MQL5 has the possibility to present...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to close an order in a condition. Actually I could, but when I close an order in if statement, I dont want the order to open again in next candles. If it is closed, it should be closed permanently. How can I do this ? Is there such a build in method or sth ?
[Deleted]
Hey guys, IMO the FIB tool in MT4 just doesn't cut it, sometimes I create a set of fib tools to do different settings which I can easily place on my charts for tech analysis. For example, I like to set a fib in green with 0, 50 and 100 settings, then I like to place on the same chart the fib tool
[Deleted]
Hi I am testing my EA on Oanda metatrader platform. However, I just cannot open a position with Ordersend. Error Ordersend(130): lot-size: 0.1, Ask: 1.3969, SL: 1.3899, TP: 1.4069 What is wrong with the order? Thanks!!
Hi, From the MT4 Drawing tool, there is only line drawing without arrow. Is there an add-on tool that can provide such drawing tool? See my picture (the arrow is drawn manually). Alternative, is it possible to add this feature into the new release as it should be relatively simple to add this...
Hi my EA used to work on the same platform once I reinstalled / updated meta-trader 4 it stopped making trades this is the error i get what can be the problem ? thanks
I can't imagine people not asking this question before, but I couldn't find the answer on this forum. I recently started programming in MQL4, after having experience in other languages. From the documentation I gather that your broker pushes price information to the terminal buffer. When the...
there will be some form of an expert advisor of an order to execute operations other expert advisor? maybe in the new mql5
New article Trader's Kit: Drag Trade Library has been published: The article describes Drag Trade Library that provides functionality for visual trading. The library can easily be integrated into virtually any Expert Advisor. Your Expert Advisor can be transformed from an automat into an automated...
  iCustom in an EA  (6)
Hello everyone out there, i have been trying to put in demark trend lines as a custom idicator in my EA. But i wont get it to work. This is the Custom idicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8296 In the indicator the IndexBuffer looks like this SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2); SetIndexBuffer(0...
[Deleted]
Dear Community, Can someone speak to the topic of taking profits at multiple stages? I know how to place a S/L and T/P but wanting to know if MT4 is capable to set multiple partial T/P? Thanks in advance if you can help. Sincerely, RRJ
Dear all I would like to try the jobs service provided by MQL5 but I really confused with payment method explained by MQL5 website. It would be much appreciated if someone can explain it to me. What I want to know is, 1. I have created an account on MQL5 and Paypal, but do I need to deposit a money...
[Deleted]
I am trying to code an EA that exits a trade when the distance between a customised Fast MA and a customised Slow MA reduces by a set amount. The fast MA is L1 The slow MA is L5 L1 and L5 are produced by a separate indicator called CW If the difference in value between them reduces by a certain