MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1020

[Deleted]
Hello, programmers, I wrote a simple EA that needs to work only the 4 hour chart. Would you please know how to determine the timeframe of the actual chart? Thank you very much! Pavel
I created a custom indicator that outputs a binary signal on whether to open a trade (0 for do nothing, 1 for open long, -1 for open short). When I attach it to a chart it works as expected and I see the blips of 1 and -1 in the expected locations. I then coded an EA to simply open a trade if the...
Can anyone explain why the following code does not seem to work in a custom indicator? int start() { int TestArray[]; TestArray[5]=99; Print("T: ",TestArray[5]); return(0); } For some reason it just prints "T: 0" as if the value 99 had never been assigned. What am I doing wrong?
I know that you can measure the difference in price betweenthe current price and moving average. And there are several other objects thatcan be used for this sort of calculation. But is there any form of a straight linethat can be used to measure this difference? In particular I'm working...
Hello everyone. I need some initial guidance on how to make MT4 grab signals (buy/sell/modify, set SL, set TP) from a chat and/or e-mail sent by a trader trading manually (not on MT4). I guess such a system should have a function to grab info from the chat/e-mail, write it to a file and MT4 can then...
[Deleted]
I would like to make the move from FXCM's Strategy Trader to MetaTrader. I have tried looking around for a resource to convert the Strategy Trader coding to MetaTrader but have not found what I'm looking for. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if there is an online tool that...
  Indicator help  (4)
Dear friends           i have an ema indicator. its repaint            please help me.thanks.       code:#property copyright "Copyright © 2008, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property...
  Good EURUSD analysis site?  (25   1 2 3)
I know, this is not about coding, but does anyone know about a site that explains why certain changes have happend? And i don't mean something like: Today was a very bullish day ... the Euro continued its trend ... This i can see by my self ... but i want to know WHY significant changes are...
As you can see from the image, by at least a few points. There is no history paging, shifting or other nonsense. The pictures are simply obtained by scrolling. At first I thought it was just inaccuracy of plotting (+- pixel or something), but on the middle highlighted fragment the line is on
[Deleted]
Is it possible to have the chart of the brazilian future
YO, [that's Brooklynese for Hi ]Could someone advise me how to turn off "all sound alerts"I listen to the internet radio. And the sound alerts keep popping on.Thanks, Brooklyn Cowboy
https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/flashing-trading10/322662 If you like to test my EA on real account, You must share profit with me 50:50. contact me myfx86@hotmail.com
[Deleted]
Hi, I just started with the demo for metatrader 4 yesterday. It was smooth sailing until today. I went short / sold usdmxn at 14.0635 at a volume of 8. The market dropped all the way to 14.0539 but my profit stayed in the negative the whole time. Can someone explain what is going on with that...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been working on some alert indicators and i have come across some problems. For example i want to use the PlaySound() function, in order to play one sound, and at the same time i want an Alert() dialog box to pop up, but without the sound of the Alert() function, ussualy set in the events...
I want to open orders at the bar closed. thank you.
Hi, simple question. If I program an expert adviser, back test it, etc. and it proves profitable, can my broker steal my expert adviser? Reverse engineer it? Is this something they're legally allowed to do through meta-trader license/ownership agreement? I guess it doesn't really matter whether...
Hi, I have an idea for an indicator based on Elliot wave method of analyzing the markets. Basically, the method strives to determine when demand/supply has entered the market by summing up the volume on individual waves. To make things simple and straightforward, I propose using a normal MT4 zigzag...
[Deleted]
  Can anyone help me with this EA?  (35   1 2 3 4)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| | //| In no event will author be liable for any damages whatsoever. | //| Use at your own risk. | //| | //+------------------- DO NOT REMOVE THIS HEADER --------------------+ #define SIGNAL_NONE 0 #define SIGNAL_BUY 1 #define
[Deleted]
hi everyone, I wondering is there has a method to control my monthly loss? for example, I'd like to set maximum 10% loss, if I had loss 10% money of my account balance this month, then stop trading till next month. exclude using write a file to record the account balance. anyone can share how to do...
  BB bands stop EA  (1)
Hello i am completely new to programming and i m really lost ....Could someone please help me... I would like to make an EA based on BB bands stop indicator . As i am new to this programming thingy I do not want to make a complicating EA. How do i make an EA using iCustom and transform this BB...
In my strategy to Start with .. I can have one buy signal and after some time I can have one more buy signal.. it might continue up to 10 times. Then when I get a sell signal, I need to close all the buy positions and open one sell position. Then the series of sell order may continue.. Basically, at...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am a newbie to Broco Can someone please help me. In Borco, how can I set the time in my data to ONLY include regular session time; 9:30am EST to 4:15pm EST time?? I do not want 24 hour data because this skews my strategy. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your reply. Freddd
[Deleted]
Book of MQL4 programs with English commentary. Hello, MQL4 Book programs with English commentary. This link : https://book.mql4.com/appendix/examples give the MQL4 Book List of programs. At the left, the mq4 files with comments in Russian, at the right link to the book example with English...
[Deleted]
Could you explain its meaning in simple terms. For example, in the type of explanation and example of a Markov chain, it is one of the simplest cases of a sequence of random events. But despite its simplicity, it can often be useful even when describing rather complex phenomena. Chain A Markov chain
[Deleted]
Dear friends, I try to make a code (a function), to close orders following all conditions described in the code below (with all "if's"). BUT it doesn't work. It wouldn't select any order, and returns the Error 4105 (No order selected). In the trading pool are existing many executed and pending...
[Deleted]
  Dear metaquotes  (2)
Ive got an idea that could enable automated trading on your mobile app. Instead of expert advisors this system would implement an inbuilt system in your mobile apps that simply compares indicator values then sends trade signals without the user having to be a programmer. e.g. if MA crosses price...
Running iMA with a TF of 60 min. on 15 min chart, something seemed not right . Plot values returned from it and values were scattered all over the chart. Changed TF of chart to 60 mins, agreeing with value passed to iMA and dots were right on the iMA. Plotted one of the values from the 15min chart...
  ea listings  (7)
ive just tried to add my EA on the EA code list but it is in my own list but has not come up on the main exspert adviser list can some one tell me if there is a delay as i read that it has to be proof read
[Deleted]
  can someone help with this?  (19   1 2)
I wanted to code, when time = 6am, I coded it as "if (Time[]= datetime(6:00))" but it gives tons of error. If i add in a ( in front, the errors reduced to '(' - variable expected. to me, the ( and ) are balanced; but why do I keep having such errors? hope someone can help. Thanks.!
[Deleted]
Hi, when I place an order I tend to then immediately modify it by the same number of pips each time for stop loss and take profit. Is there a way this can be done automatically so the parameters on in place as soon as I place the order. Thanks