General - page 1942

When switching timeframes a windows pops up in MT4 saying "Out of memory error" This is after updating to build 163. No problems with my computer. Rebooted. Still not working.
Has anybody converted the following to MT4 format? /*[[ Name := Pivot Daily Author := Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp. Link := Groups.yahoo.com Separate Window := No First Color := Blue First Draw Type := Line First Symbol := 217 Use Second Data := Yes Second Color :=...
I want to make a programe in MQL4,but it doesn't work. please give me a programe. thanks!
  histograms  (1)
what is the maximum amount of histograms allowed in an indicator? can you plot one histogram on top of another?
What's new in MT4 Build 162??
I don't know if you notice this or not. There seems to be a BIG problem with MetaTrader 4 Terminal erasing .ex4 files with no .mq4 source after getting a Live Update (and some cases without getting updated). Please fix this bug urgently as it is an extremely critical issue to have the...
In Meta Trader 3 , can i set the time on the Market Watch to NYT or GMT ?
Please help...i want to add the code of moving average (9) line of rsi into rsi(14).. how to do that ... if have the code of RSI's KD..is better..thankyou
  Email Help  (8)
I am trying to set up a daily email alert. This is the code that I am using. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert start function | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int...
MetaTrader 4. Build 161. 1. In MQL4 added UninitializeReason(), IsConnected() functions; 2. In MQL4 added iTime(), iOpen(), iClose(), iHigh(), iLow(), iVolume() new functions; 3. Updated the expert initialization after recompilation; 4. At opening a file on writing in a nonexistent subdirectory...
Friday 1030am EST. Datafeed seems to be down.
Does MT3 have If Then Else If statement? I am trying something like this if Index >= TestValue then { } Else if Index <= TestValue then { } Now Normally I would just make 2 If Then sections of Code like this if Index >= TestValue then { } If Index <= TestValue then { } But the problem...
Is it posible to close half of the order instead of having two orders and close one of them. Example: An expert script opened position with 1lot, if profit is 50pips I want to close 0,5lots and leave the other 0,5lots running.
So I made a little mistake when analysing data witht he Nasdaq mostly, (it also kinda works with the EUR/USD). Anywho I was playing around with the pivot points and what I found was this. The mistake I made was taking data from Yahoo Finance which gave me the data backwards from how my table was set...
When I leave my machine on overnight, usually when I come back the current price for the chart I'm on is stuck at a price from hours earlier. The bottom right corner of the MT4 window shows that the client is still connected, but nothing on the chart is updating. Restarting the software fixes the...
Is it possible to set the spread to 3 PIPS? I am using FXCM as my order platform and metastock as charting. I manually place the orders in FXCM and they use a 3 PIP spread. Just wondering if this is a client or server funcetion and if it can be changed thanks
When I test an Expert Advisor on a history imported from http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/default.asp I get a completely different results from the results I get when I test the same Expert Advisor on the history stored in MetaTrader, it’s like the two histories are not identical, even though...
  pause function?  (9)
Slawa, Can you tell me how to pause a program at various places in order to read the various &quot;Comments&quot; in the expert program for trouble-shooting purposes? What method is used to pause a MQL-3 program? Thanks.
  debug  (3)
how can i debug program in mql4? thank you
How can I setup a alert when the +DM and -DM are crossing on 1 Hour chart?
Hello, I am trying to access the data server behind a proxy from Ghostsurf software. http://www.tenebril.com/products/ghostsurf/pcc.html I have written in the proxy settings of Metatrader 127.0.0.1:2712 but a message says the proxy is not valid. Other browser ( IE , Mozilla are working...
Hi, NZDUSD seems not to be supported by MT4, but it can be found in some brokers that work with MT3. When will MT4 offer NZDUSD quotes? Thanks.
All ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce that FX Fisherman Beta in completed. Now I'm testing the the integrity of all components and live backtesting two main systems (Mekong and Tonle Sap), so I created this new thread to post the results as well as screenshots for you all in case you...
Hi, Is there any intention of adding line studies to the mobile version. ie the ability to add trendlines, pivots lines and fibs. If the mobile version supported custom indicators then I could program the pivots and fibs at least. Is this a future feature?, without being to add S&R regions it...
I have seen posts from 2004 that indicate that it is possible to get streaming data from Metatrader to Metastock via a free hyperlite service. However I have been told that is no longer possible. Could someone please enlighten me as to whether this can still be done and if so how? Also is the...
hi all, anyone knows an US or EUROPEAN broker (registered) using the MT3 or MT4? On the old website from MQ there was a list with brokers, but I cannt find this list on the new website. Thank you very much. Best regards from Austria Petri
I get an update error in build 160. File is metaeditor.exe
I just started using MT4 and really like it. I've got a few questions on usage that I've not found answers to. Is there a way to scroll up and down on a chart without adjusting the vertical scale? Is there a way to copy a trendline or create a trendline with the same slope? I use this to create...
MetaTrader 4. Build 160. 1. Updated main icons of terminal. 2. Updated calling functions inside libraries. 3. In MQL4 added IsDllsAllowed, IsLibrariesAllowed functions. 4. By opening new demo-account you can select country from the list. 5. Updated margin calculation. 6. Expert advisor...
Please advise! Strategy tester in MetaTrader4 is not enabled. Why? What to do to enable the function? Thank you for reply, Robert