Calling All Masterminds, Programmers, And Coders!!! - page 6

Wow...Super Signals just won't die! kudos to whoever wrote it, reading people asking about it is hilarious..albeit kind of sad. Someone mentioned that it might still have practical use-and as an aside I just want to say that I like your post and think it was very inspiring-and it may, but then you wouldn't need it at all. All it does it paint whenever a new high or low is made, you can use your eyes for that. A way to use it might be to start watching it, then draw a vertical line at the first signal it creates. Use that as your reference point. Now if that first signal was a buy signal and the price creates a Key Reversal Signal then sell if the 100 moving average is below the price. A Key Reversal is a candle that opened, went above the high, but closed lower then the open. I don't know if there is a .mq4 for Key Reversal or not but you can eye ball it. You can trade this on the 1 min if you want to but if you are going to do that I would recommend doing it on a tick chart instead and MT4 doesn't offer tick charts. You might be able to pick up a few good trades this way but even so if your trading with spreads higher then 2 you are going to have a hard time because it's going to be very expensive when you hit a bad trade if you have a very tight stop loss. Personally I use a very loose stop loss when I scalp, I prefer to take one large loss when it comes then to take several small losses back to back. There is a huge difference during normal market conditions between say a 10 point stop loss and a 30. Anyway, to make this mechanical just say that your stop loss must be at the point where the super signals buy signal came at regardless of whether it changes or not. So if it gave the up arrow at .33 and the key reversal comes at 28 you sell there if it goes to 34 you close for a loss, if it falls to 23 you close for a profit. That's 3 points profit assuming a 2 pip spread. EUR/USD is usally between 2 and 3.

Here is how to tell if an indicator repaints:

Set it to the 1 min time frame and watch it paint signals in REAL TIME. If it changes signals after the candle closes it repaints and will do so on any time frame. If it does not repaint it will not repaint the same signal even if the price goes against it.

Now that I think of it, MCFX has indicators that would paint that system for you with alert and they are labeled as what they are: break out of X bar high/low, and Key Reversal.

One more thing...we can't predict tops or bottoms with 100% accuracy, not even 50% accuracy. Here's something you can do though...open your momentum indicator and zoom out all the way. What do you see? You should see a series of highs and lows that are all more or less the same height, in the same range. This is because on all time frames the price does not conitnously go up, nor can it always go down. Now draw a line 3/4s of the way from the middle line to the top of the indicator and another 3/4s of the way from the bottom of the window to the middle line. Now what do you see? Zoom in a little bit and look. Say that a trade would have been opened at the close of the the first candle to fall below the upper line (for a buy trade) with a stop loss of say 10. Go through and see how many winners and losers you end up with. These signals are historically accurate enough for our purposes.

jgadefelth:
have erased all supersignal and all zigzag and also some zu indicators they reminds of zigzag so might aswell take them 2 if someone knows anymore FAKE indicators pls let me know ? best regards

Most indicators only give about 50% accuracy over time anyway, so you might as well throw them all away.

If you want a simple indicator to use use price oscillator. Sell when the price closes below the zero line and buy when it closes over the zero line, filter with a 100 period MA. If you are just looking for grocery money this will do. If you are trying to get rich you will have to find something else.

Cyclesurfer:
Most indicators only give about 50% accuracy over time anyway, so you might as well throw them all away. If you want a simple indicator to use use price oscillator. Sell when the price closes below the zero line and buy when it closes over the zero line, filter with a 100 period MA. If you are just looking for grocery money this will do. If you are trying to get rich you will have to find something else.

An indicator that will give you a slight edge is Brain Trend on 1 hour chart filtered with MA but you have to be willing to use a loose stop loss. The reason being that the farther out you go in time frame the more chop you will get relative to your stop loss. You can't trade on a 1 hour TF with a ten point stop and hope to make money. You need to use more like 30 and be willing to take the loss if it comes. Brain Trend (which is really a glorified MA cross) is accurate enough to justify this loss when it comes, and it will. It all depends on whether you are trading for lots or trading for cash. If you are trading for lots the assumption is that you will be increasing your lot size on subsequent trades which means you need a really good edge to build your account because a loss with more lots will eat previous profits.

fisher_yur4ik

Like this indicator i hope it is not a painting one ?

also like silvertrend and i hope that is also not a apinting one ?

best regards

anyone that knows ?

try it and see yourself, backtest some EA with visual in realtime, and attach the indicator during the backtest, u will see if it repaint or not

tops and bottoms

Predicting tops and bottoms is possible. I posted some remarks time ago, but no reply. Why? Because almost no one understands the real power of fibonacci and the ones that have a clue limit themselves to price, while it should be on time. YES, TIME! Elliot waves are great, and combined with fibonacci time one can predict tops and bottoms. It is al in the waves that are related: 1,3,5 and 2,4. There is no other way to predict tops and bottoms. But there some pretty good ways to know a top or bottom just after it is in place! Combined with EWaves, fibonacci and suchs indicators one can pick tops and bottoms, but there is precise knowledge of fibonacci and ElliotWaves needed and that my friends, is not a easy job. So, I am still waiting for the programmer ............

jgadefelth:
v4rning1ing i dont know how to do that also i cant get my meta trader to give me live time realtime. m v h

U have just to backtest an EA (no matter wich one) with the "visual mode" active

Files:
immagine.jpg  52 kb

v4rning1ing i dont know how to do that also i cant get my meta trader to give me live time realtime.

m v h

Reason: