Calling All Masterminds, Programmers, And Coders!!! - page 2

Yes that's what i wanted

To be able to adjust these signals would be the key to success as you can adjust the indicators to adjust to the instrument you are trading as they all have their own personalities...

Here's an indicator which I believe could be a powerful filter for the Super Signals, could someone make it in to an indicator at all? It's the 3D indicator.

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67

Files:
code1.mql.txt  2 kb

fred:
To be able to adjust these signals would be the key to success as you can adjust the indicators to adjust to the instrument you are trading as they all have their own personalities...

Here's an indicator which I believe could be a powerful filter for the Super Signals, could someone make it in to an indicator at all? It's the 3D indicator.

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67

May be here and here.

And whole this thread is interesting.

I cannot see the use of the Super-Signals indicator - all it does is highlight the highest-high or lowest-low for a given lookback period (in this case 24). Running live, the last 'Buy' signal will 'disappear' if the just-completed bar prints off a higher-high, to be replaced with a new Buy arrow. Completely useless imho.........

That's correct

omelette:
I cannot see the use of the Super-Signals indicator - all it does is highlight the highest-high or lowest-low for a given lookback period (in this case 24). Running live, the last 'Buy' signal will 'disappear' if the just-completed bar prints off a higher-high, to be replaced with a new Buy arrow. Completely useless imho.........

Hi ! omelette,

The indicator needs to be changed, so it does not do what it's doing now.

FX-Hedger:
Hi ! omelette, The indicator needs to be changed, so it does not do what it's doing now.

But change what? The indicator does nothing! The code does nothing more than highlight highs & lows of the price series. To see this more clearly, change the 'dist' value to 5 - see, lots more 'signals' because of the shorter lookback period, but would you trade on them? - I hope not

Ok!!

omelette:
But change what? The indicator does nothing! The code does nothing more than highlight highs & lows of the price series. To see this more clearly, change the 'dist' value to 5 - see, lots more 'signals' because of the shorter lookback period, but would you trade on them? - I hope not

omelette,

I see what you mean. Then we have to start from scratch and make a good top and bottom picker. How do you think that coule be done?

image3022:
Hi Fred Here is super signals MT4

Thanks, this looks very nice !

But there is something I don't understant about the logic of Highest() and Lowest() functions :

hhb = Highest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,dist,i-dist/2); llb = Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,dist,i-dist/2);

I think for each bar you want to check if that bar has the highest high of 24 bars, 12 bars on the left and 12 bars on the right of the bar you are checking. Is that right ?

But it seems to me this is ok for the past, but not for the present : if you use "i-dist/2" as startbar, this value is negative for bar 0 or when "i" become lower than 12, so what is computed in real time ? Is the signal computed with 12 bars lag ? Could you explain a little bit more how is your indicator working ?

Thanks very much !

super signals

Hi all,

super signals was created as a joke by Beluck, It does change as new high's or lows happen, I do however use it in conjunction with fisher_yur4ik as an early warning indicator which gives me a heads up to a possible change in direction.

Files:
ss.gif  21 kb

super signals

If it were possible to combine super signals and fisher_yur4ik into a single indicator (with refinements) we might be onto something, used together they seem to confirm a direction change for entry as well as exit, as always you do get false signals as you get with any indicator but on looking back over the last few months the signals are very consistent.

Files:
ss1.gif  25 kb

Help!!

Will any coders help us Pleae???!!!!

Reason: