EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 5

Hi MRE,

I just happened to read this thread and it is nice to see the openness and cooperative spirit between Lepiricus and yourself. I am new to this forum and also MT4, but have experience in programming TradeStaion strategies. I think I can follow the logic on the EA for the most part.

I will examine the code and apply the EA on the GBPJPY chart and see if there are any further suggestions I can think of.

Thanks very much indeed for your efforts.

Hamid.

I concur

I concur with Hamid. Your efforts MRE with putting together this EA are very much appreciated.

I have only found this thread this morning and so haven't done any testing with the previous versions, however I will test v.03 and provide feedback accordingly.

Like Hamid, I will examine how the EA applies the trades on the GBPJPY chart and see if there are any further suggestions I can think of.

Thanks very much for your efforts thus far.

Cheers,

Tim.

Still running a few tests on v0.3 before I release it. I'm tracking down a bug and want to get it fixed prior to release. Expect a release either in the next 4 hours, or 24 hours after that.

-MRE-

lepiricus,

Can you post the code for the system you are using in FT format? I have FT and would like to test it. I prefer FT over MT anyway.

Thanks

aegis:
lepiricus,

Can you post the code for the system you are using in FT format? I have FT and would like to test it. I prefer FT over MT anyway.

Thanks

Sure, I'll attach the SI4 file, and try to attach the QQE that Carlos coded, you need it to run the system. If I can't attach an exe here just pm me your email and I'll get it to you that way.

edit: It wont let me attach either file, just PM me your email and I'll get it too you.

lepiricus:
Sure, I'll attach the SI4 file, and try to attach the QQE that Carlos coded, you need it to run the system. If I can't attach an exe here just pm me your email and I'll get it to you that way. edit: It wont let me attach either file, just PM me your email and I'll get it too you.

PM sent.

Much appreciated.

MRE,

I loaded the EA on a 30-min GBPJPY chart and reviewed Lepiricus's rules for trading the strategy and here are my observations:

1. The EA enters a trade without the price pullback to the 5 sma.

2. The re-entry issue - it looks like that a trade is re-entered in the same direction when a previous trade is closed due to both stop loss and profit target. This does eat up a lot of previous gains made by the EA. I think you mentioned that this will be fixed in the new version, in which case that will be great.

My backtest on one lot over 2 months shows net loss of $17,216.

Hamid.

Hamid, thank you for your testing and response. The following would be my follow-up to your post

1. You are correct. I have not implemented any 5ema pullback entry system. I have not at this time committed to it, though if I continue to support this EA, it wouldn't be very difficult to code.

2. That is, in fact, the error that had previously been reported and is fixed for the stoploss in the newer version. I chose not to implement it for the TakeProfit, but that could be done in the future. Changing the TP code to do this should be easier than changing the SL since TP isn't ever modified and can still be taken care of on the server side.

Thanks again for helping out.

-MRE-

CALLING ALL PROGRAMMERS!!!!

Alright...I'm missing something buried in this damn code, so I'm calling for help from anyone who can read or write MQL4 code and figure out what's going wrong.

While this EA is supposed to open Buys as well as Sells, it is only opening Sells. Enclosed is an ALPHA version of 0.3 of the Qbot EA as well as the QQE indicator, modified for the right default smoothing value. Additionally, the QQE is modified to print the two values of the indicator in the upper-left corner of the chart for reference when comparing to the EA.

Anyone who decides to look at it, go ahead and post a note that you are looking at it so I at least know that another set of eyes is on the EA. I have done a poor job commenting, so post a message or PM me if you have some questions about the logic.

THESE FILES ARE **NOT** READY FOR USE!!! To anyone looking to do any testing with these files, don't worry about it yet. We need to track down the "Sell only" bug in the code before we start concentrating on other ones. After that is discovered and fixed, I'll release the EA again for general testing. If you're not looking at the code, you really can skip the files in this post.

-MRE-

I am no programming expert, however it looks to me like the custom calls are set up incorrecrly which would impact your buy/sell tests.

You have:

qqeSTF0 = iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",0,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

qqeSTF1 = iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",1,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

qqeLTF0 = iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",0,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

qqeLTF1 = iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",1,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

These need to be changed to:

qqeSTF0 = iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",SF,0,1);

qqeSTF1 = iCustom(NULL,shortTF,"QQE",SF,1,1);

qqeLTF0 = iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",SF,0,1);

qqeLTF1 = iCustom(NULL,longTF,"QQE",SF,1,1);

then you need to add:

extern int SF=5;