General - page 1772

Hello Slawa, Is this possible: -Drop EA on Chart. -EA forces chart to attach to certain offline history file instead of its current symbol/period Even if this would have to be done with Windows API calls, that is OK, I just need to know if it can be done. Why? I'm generating a .hst file with...
If an EA is attached to a currency pair "EURUSD", some variables/functions will then be based on this currency pair. Point is one of functions. I would like to write an EA that will manage SL and TP of *ALL* open orders but I dont want to have this EA running on all "currency pair charts". I want a...
On this page (in MT4 build 200) MQL4 Reference - Basics - Variables the link on "bool" go the same link as "double"
  Zero Slippage  (2)
Hello, I have a question in regards to the metatrader slippage parameter . My script sent a close order message at 20:13:42 to close the position at 1.9475. The trade was accepted, and closed at 1.9479. A difference of -4 pips. When the slippage parameter is set to zero, does this mean, "close the
I use MT4 build 200. Using MT4 tester, I backtested an EA trading 5 lots. For 5 lots, the profit must be a multiply of 50. Isn't it? But, for some trades, it is not (see the picture below). Why ? Is that a profit calculation error ? Thanks
Hi People Can anyone have a look at this indicator code, it shows the daily WAIST level. If i code it with this setup the waist is correct double OPEN = iOpen(NULL,1440,1); double CLOSE = iClose(NULL,1440,1); double WAIST = (OPEN + CLOSE)/2; If i code it this way it reads 5 to 10 pips out depending...
I am looking for good settings for NonLagMA on 5 Min chart. Anybody can advise or direct to a post/thread where it is used. european
  Indicator to EA  (3)
Hi, Question from a newbie : Is it possible to transform a Indicator to a EA ? Thank's Michel
  PipeBomb!  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
I want to participate some forex contests. Where can I have such information?
Someone is programming an EA for me. When the order is triggered it is supposed to send me an email, but it is not for me. It is working for the programmer on his platform. So I thought it is something wrong with mine. I tried it on 2 different broker demos and get the same result. An email alert on...
[Deleted]
how to save Current ask price to the file c:\current.txt and how to read it by expert . someone give me code . thank very much
  Average Daily Range  (13   1 2)
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to produce this information. Thanks in advance.
Hi how much does Metatrader cost? thanks
who would be generous to post stepMA stoch EA... i have been searching for it all this time... pls.. pls... pls... or at least give me the link to the file.... thanks in advance...
Could someone explain how this works when backtesting!(Metatrader 4)
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like the ability to manually input orders in the strategy tester. I don't know of any program off the top of my head that will slowly play through bars the same way, and I want to test my own trading skills in that environment. Because of this, I...
Hi... quick question. I'm working on an expert which trades in the main using 30min & 4h indicators. However It also has a 1min aspect so I run it on a 1min chart. When calling the value of an indicator from another timeframe with a different shift to the current bar, i.e
Hi all so ...I put here may Chart Analyse I hope that usefull
Can someone post a link to it, thanks.
  Forex Training  (2)
Please explain about the emergence of forex market. Why it presents an outstanding trading opportunity, and what about its future in comparison to the other markets?
  Trading skills  (35   1 2 3 4)
Hi there Is there a website that actually recreates the experience of trading, perhaps allowing me to trade against other players? Wouldn't that be a good way of learning some of the skills? Thanks!
  Forex Training  (5)
Please explain about the emergence of forex market. Why it presents an outstanding trading opportunity, and what about its future in comparison to the other markets?
Is there an indicator that will draw a horizontal line across the charts when inputted the following or retrieve from history: Plot this year and last years high / low Plot this month and last months high / low Plot this week and last weeks high / low Plot yesterday's high / low Your help would be...
  WSS v 9.4.2  (1)
Was in a relationship wss version 9.4.2 ? If being please in posting here ? Thanks a lot
I am a user of your software and I would like to know if it is possible to get an historic of my portfolio value let’s say every minutes during the past month? Either graphically of just data.
Hello, I would like a template to store my "fixed scale" checkbox and the "scale maximum" and "scale minimum" settings. It does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? If it is not possible, can these settings be set from script, EA or indicator? Thank you very much, -Christian
Hi I have this indicator that I am building: int start() { int limit; int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); if(counted_bars<0) counted_bars=0; if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars--; limit=Bars-counted_bars; for(int i = 0 ;i < limit ;i++) { arwUp = 0; arwDown = 0; double MA_HIGH = iMA(Symbol(),0,20,0...
Shifting a Chart to the Specified datetime or to a bar index hello everyone, i would like to shift a chart to the specified datetime or bar index. is this possible. is there a code sample that you could share with me. i always go the bar that i wanted to see by "pageup" and "pagedown" keys. this...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 202 has been released: 1. Improved balance chart drawing in the detailed trade history report. 2. Fixed Andrews' Pitchfork drawing, in the case of anchoring points close to each other. 3. Added support of connection via HTTP proxy server when downloading...