EA request for profitable gbp/jpy system - page 2

lepiricus:
Whatever you can do is appreciated. I just hope this translates equally as profitable in MT4 as it is in FT software. And like I said before. Waiting for pullbacks is more profitable, but the system makes pips either way.

Where does FT get its data?Is it a broker?Or just data provider?

OH FFS the data is provided my FXCM LOL RUN NOW!!

Here is QQE MQL

Files:
qqe.mq4  4 kb

I need a bit of clarification about the QQE. When you're talking about a crossover between the 30 and 60 minute timeframe, I'm guessing you're using the solid lines. Is that correct, or are you talking about the dotted lines in the indicator?

Also, when 30 min crosses 60 min, do you enter long or short?

The other possibility that you could be talking about is when the 30min solid crosses above the 30 min dotted AND the 60 min does the same you enter long (or short). Is this how you're trading the system?

The system is very simple and programming it will be very easy. I just need some more clarification on the details of how you trade it.

I am attending a technology awards banquet tomorrow night for my company, so I won't have much, if any time to finish this thing, but when I get a free hour to code and do some preliminary testing, I'll be sure to post this thing. And as I posted earlier, when I get some more free time, I'll code in the trailing stop (instead of fixed) and the SMA(5) pullback entry. Any other requests? I may or may not implement them, but there's little harm in posting.

-MRE-

mrebersv:
I need a bit of clarification about the QQE. When you're talking about a crossover between the 30 and 60 minute timeframe, I'm guessing you're using the solid lines. Is that correct, or are you talking about the dotted lines in the indicator?

Also, when 30 min crosses 60 min, do you enter long or short?

The other possibility that you could be talking about is when the 30min solid crosses above the 30 min dotted AND the 60 min does the same you enter long (or short). Is this how you're trading the system?

The system is very simple and programming it will be very easy. I just need some more clarification on the details of how you trade it.

I am attending a technology awards banquet tomorrow night for my company, so I won't have much, if any time to finish this thing, but when I get a free hour to code and do some preliminary testing, I'll be sure to post this thing. And as I posted earlier, when I get some more free time, I'll code in the trailing stop (instead of fixed) and the SMA(5) pullback entry. Any other requests? I may or may not implement them, but there's little harm in posting.

-MRE-

Sure thing

The crossover for a long signal is when the solid line is above the dotted line. For a short signal its when the solid line is below dotted line.

For entry the 30m and 60m QQE must show the same signal. Both crosses over long or cross over short. For exits, only the 30 need be crossed the opposite direction. I'll show a screen shot of the QQE in MT4 and what a long and short cross look like. Also, have to wait till the bar closes before it signals. Sometimes the QQE will cross then uncross until the bar actually closes depending on price action.

And to answer the previous question, FT Data feed uses FXCM. I use fastbrokers to trade live and indeed the two are slightly off by a few pips at time on the geppy but hasn't caused me any problems.

Files:
kkk.gif  23 kb

This looks like a very interesting system. It looks like it will be very profitable programmed into an ea. Thanks

lepiricus:
Sure thing

The crossover for a long signal is when the solid line is above the dotted line. For a short signal its when the solid line is below dotted line.

For entry the 30m and 60m QQE must show the same signal. Both crosses over long or cross over short. For exits, only the 30 need be crossed the opposite direction. I'll show a screen shot of the QQE in MT4 and what a long and short cross look like. Also, have to wait till the bar closes before it signals. Sometimes the QQE will cross then uncross until the bar actually closes depending on price action.

And to answer the previous question, FT Data feed uses FXCM. I use fastbrokers to trade live and indeed the two are slightly off by a few pips at time on the geppy but hasn't caused me any problems.

Its not price my friend its not the amount pips its off etc its the data itself your indicators are trading on "the history", I Know you probably don't understand what I mean but they move the data back and forth in time and take bits out and put bits in to suit them self and make people lose and although this goes unnoticed to the naked eye it makes indicators do different things than they should.

I have sat and watched week after week the same indicators and when I start up the MT4 start of week and the repaint history for indicators has gone forward or backward in time I know they have changed the data to make me lose.I laugh at people who argue this point because its clearly obvious to anyone who's been staring at charts for more than a few years.Only way is to run it on an external data provider who aren't a brokerage or a market maker.FXCM will mess with your data more than even MT4 brokers I can tell you as I used them 3 years ago and was appaulled at there scam.

lepiricus:
Sure thing The crossover for a long signal is when the solid line is above the dotted line. For a short signal its when the solid line is below dotted line...For entry the 30m and 60m QQE must show the same signal.

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, have to wait till the bar closes before it signals. Sometimes the QQE will cross then uncross until the bar actually closes depending on price action.

Already planned on doing that, so no worries there. I'm about to take off for work, and I'm heading straight to that awards banquet from work, so I doubt I'll get a chance to finish this tonight. Tomorrow is looking pretty busy as well, but it should be within the next few days.

-MRE-

Any idea what to call this thing?

mrebersv:
Any idea what to call this thing?

If you're coding it, you can call it whatever you want. I just brought the idea, you're doing all the work

i GOT IT!!!

call it Mr. Leppy

ORRRrrrr..

Qbot

Reason: