General - page 1512

I had the need to store different objects types (including value types) in one list or array. I struggled to do this in this c++ like language MQL5. How can I do this? I needed something like this : Object myObjects[10]; int point = 2; string symbol = "Test"; myObject[0] = point; myObject[1] =...
Hi. It's still very unclear to me how to manage the closing of the orders like in mql4. I understand that on mt5 aren't more closed orders, but the order are "closed" by opening an opposite position, but how to manage something like orderclose() in the similar fashion to mql4? Can some programmers
Hi MQL5 Support, I have an other suggestion about the trend line: when I set a trend line I should set directly an alert, without settimg the trend line first and then open the alert box and set the alert too. The alert mayalso have as options to be executed at the end of the bar or inside the...
  MLQ4 closed?  (3)
Has MLQ4 closed - I don't seem to have internet access to the web site anymore?
I just happen to be in a webinar for news trading and manage to grasp how the system works. They are charging about 3000$ per year as a subscription fee (crazy)!!!!!. So Just wondering, if anyone could code an EA based on the following rules. 1. Assign our EA to the chart few mins before the news...
  EA based on Price action only  (190   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
Dear all traders and programers, I've writen a simple EA based on price action only, with rules: Buy: - Current candle closes higher than highs of 2 candles before (candle high shift 1 and candle high shift 2) - Candle close shift 1 <= Candle high shift 2 Sell: - Current candle closes lower than...
  hcc file size  (1)
Pls view the form of .hcc file size: (kb)2010200920082007200620052004200320022001audusd11369618304524131556308643243422934151471354512736eurgbp1128989031345910432156521640416427162001582015362eurjpy11322158141595914857159271641616257161201607928784eurusd116691581515141134671587316400164561622617...
Hi guys.. Iam using a very simple indicator called trendy.. i use this in 1hr chart.. i just buy when the trendy changes its color from red to blue and sell when it changes from blue to red.. i dont bother about the take profit or stoploss.. just proceed the order to enter and exit...
My mentor is currently trying to teach me forex, to set up he wants me to find out how to overlay the following indicators over the top of the main chart. Main spine, minor spine, railroad tracks and door line. I have searched everywhere online to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm...
  coding  (2)
Hello i'm translating my mql4 code to mql5 is this part right? the ea set no order in the backtest   MqlDateTime h;      TimeCurrent(h);   double High[],Low[], Open[]; // für die Berechnung von Hoch und Tief   int Spread[];   double Hoch    = CopyHigh  (_Symbol,_Period,Pins_back-Offset_Start,Pins...
Hey everyone, Quick question for all the traders here, which Forex broker did you get started with?? Are you still trading with that same broker?? Why or why not?! Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion
Hi mql5 support I'd like to suggest you some small improvement for the new MT5 (and also for the MT4 if it's possible). First of all it will be useful to place orders directly from the chart with one click and to modify orders moving (dragging) them into the chart. Then I think you can add (in...
[Deleted]
Hi guys I have decided to hold on this forum a journal where I'll record and explain my trades based on woodies cci patterns. I'm not a professional trader so do not take any post as a trading advice. I just like trading and would like to share with you my experience. Do not hesitate at all to add...
Hello, Intro This thread will be dedicated to sharing my daily trades with everyone. I trade most of the main currency pairs; EU, GU, EJ, UJ, UCAD and UCHF. I commence trading at the open of the London session using the h1 and h4 charts. Entry I look to enter on breakouts during the London open in...
  Fibonacci Killer  (9)
Fibonacci Killer is a new system released this year. They claim to have 95% profit. Has anyone tried this system?
hi, just wondering if anyone could adjust an existing stochastic indicator which would trip a sound alert and send an email when the indicator drops below the 80 mark and goes above he 20 mark. i dont really need it to notify when the averages cross. time frame would be 15, 30 and 60mins. thanks
I am looking for an indicator (which I'm sure is here somewhere, but finding the proper search terms, bleagh), which gives the values of the last X bars. So if the last five bars values are 40, 60, 80, 70, and 50, (in pips) the indicator will give me these values, not the average of them, just the
  Money Managment Thoughts  (14   1 2)
A thought on money management . I know that money management is sort of like the key to the door of long term success of forex. It is mostly the reason I have failed in the past(I have taken time out of the market to reevaluate strategies, will return mid-late aug). So now I know that 1-3percent of
Hello, I have positionned 3 graphs in the main window (EURUSD 1M, 20M and 4H) tiled vertically and then slightly rearranged in width. When I turn off MT5 (or Vista) and launch it again, the 3 graphs sometimes show back at the position, but most of the time are rearranged horizontally (so that I...
Hi, Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just trying to do something that is not possible. Below is a very simple EA code, to run on the tester to see if I can use the file output. int OnInit(){ int filePtr = FileOpen("FileOutput.txt", FILE_CVS|FILE_WRITE); FileWrite(filePtr, 1, 2, 3);...
1.#J - Strategy Tester Result Codes and Stock Split Compensation When using the strategy tester the result code of 1.#J frequently appears in the results column of the optimized results and in the journal file. What does this mean? Is it possible to get more detailed results? Stock...
(New Version Of $nake Hunter) Snake Hunter RAS ID: 31975 100% manual system (only scrips can be used) Max active positions: 1; Max lot size: 0.1 (always fixed); Stop Loss: 49 pips (puts automatically with the buy or sell scripts help). Trade frequency: < 10 per day; Recommended min. account amount:...
$nake Hunter RAS ID: 31725 100% manual system (only scrips can be used) Max active positions: 1; Max lot size: 0.1 (always fixed); Stop Loss: 25-50 pips (puts automatically with the buy or sell scripts help). Trade frequency: < 5 per day; Recommended min. account amount: $1.000...
=TIGER= | Rent a Signal
Hi there I am attempting to use the strategy tester in Metatrader 4 I have loaded up my expert advisor and clicked on Expert Properties I am working my way through the list of fields and changing some of their values Everything was working fine until I came to try and enter a number with a 'decimal...
  Fa cf  (32   1 2 3 4)
ID 31650 detailed statistics can be viewed forexarbitr . com/1/DetailedStatement2.htm Strategy FA CF and Virtual Arbitrage use different input
Hi. I've installed metatrader and metatester of course, on 3 pcs, all build 298. On the main pc, i've the 32 bit version, and is the pc from where i launch the optimization. The other 2 pc/hosts, are with windows 64 bit, and i installed metatester64.exe Everything with firewall and...
  Forex signal generator  (1531   1 2 3 4 5 ... 153 154)
I have create a very simple yet profitable forex signal generator, you can use it here You can find how to use it on daily trading don't forget to read how to use it target Profit : 20 - 30 pips/day difficulty : very easy perfect for : newbie, daytrader pros : stress free trading system, just set...
Hi, I can't find "Visual Mode" in Tester , does this feature come with mt5 ? Thanks
Hello, i need MACD histogramm indicator which sound alert when MACD histogramm changes color? I don´t need an alert when 0 line cross or MACD lines cross. Just alert when the MACD historgamm changes color. Thanks