Charting of MetaTrader 5 iPhone [VIDEO] & MetaTrader 5 Android Screenshots

Development of a new version of the MetaTrader 5 iPhone mobile terminal is in full swing. It already includes charts allowing traders to visually track price movements. Soon indicators and graphical objects will appear in the mobile terminal.

While the developers are working selflessly to improve the mobile terminal, we want to show you the intermediate result. Different types of charts, a wide choice of timeframes and flexible scaling - all these features are already available in the MetaTrader 5 for iPhone.

Respect, good work!

Is it also possible to use custom indicators that have been programmed with MQL5?

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

First step is implementation of standard indicators and analytical tools. Unfortunately, its impossible to support custom indicators - Apple policy do not allow it.

Good stuff. Do you also plan to release mobile MT5 for Android-based mobile phones e.g. HTC Desire Z?

Enigma71fx:
Good stuff. Do you also plan to release mobile MT5 for Android-based mobile phones e.g. HTC Desire Z?
Yes, it's under development.

Lenar:
First step is implementation of standard indicators and analytical tools. Unfortunately, its impossible to support custom indicators - Apple policy do not allow it.
how about android policy does it support custom indicators? if yes, are you going to add this feature ?

NFTrader:
how about android policy does it support custom indicators? if yes, are you going to add this feature ?
We don't plan to add MQL5 (custom indicators, experts) to mobile terminals.

I understand completely why MQL5 and custom code will not be available.

BUT(!)

What if there was support for a standard MT5 terminal (and its own MQL5 children) to somehow communicate to a set of "account variables"? My meaning is, say, our EA draws information on the chart -- can we have a mechanism to likewise manage the chart objects for the mobile terminal? Somehow, if we could one-time transmit the data calculated through MQL5 code, we could see yet another reason to rely on custom tools for trading. As a result, more market share for MetaQuotes :D 

A couple ideas:

• Take a "global variables" approach, which holds custom data per _account_. This would potentially mean the trade server needs to manage the data...
  • Use the trade server to communicate a list of connected sessions on the account. This could also contain an "address" to the mobile terminal for which we could then send commands to update the object parameters on the mobile device.
  • Set up (much like email or FTP connections) "beaming" information at a phone's address, once the mobile device begins to request it. This could somehow have the possibility of avoiding additional server functions, while still allowing for this dynamic behavior.

Maybe it is enough to use email and FTP connections to communicate updates while away from the trading desk. But in my opinion, there is nothing like on-the-chart indications. As such, I think it would be a shame to waste the opportunity for enhanced, unique information on the mobile charts.

Since objects (and as a result, their parameters) are already being implemented, perhaps this is a reasonable approach.

In the case chart objects shouldn't be opened to this message, if even we were to get a function MobileComment(), I would be grateful. The point is to be able to get custom programs to at least "check in" with the mobile client now and again and let it know the status of operation.

Always wanting more features,
Lugner 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

First MetaTrader 5 Android's screenshots.

Renat:
We don't plan to add MQL5 (custom indicators, experts) to mobile terminals.

Are you going to add this feature on Android-based mobile phones ? 

kwang1:

Are you going to add this feature on Android-based mobile phones ? 

No.
Reason: