General - page 1471

i write such code in experts , it can work ! #include <Indicators\Trend.mqh> CiMA *ma; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom indicator initialization function...
Hi Guys, How to know timezone of trade sever? or time GMT offset for the sever? Currently i can calculate this based on local time. but EA may be used in different timezone for different trade sever or moved from one country to another or, even local time is not set correctly,so it's not best...
Hey Ross, Does MQL5 has some function that can execute an external program (both synchronously or unsynchronously) ?? We could used it as a trigger to some external process, in a very simple way (we could call this function from OnTick() event handler). It would help a lot the integration of...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone.... Been stressing out big time, and spent way too many hours trying to code this. First, I'll tell you the goal and what finished product I want. Second, I'll tell u my progress and what I've done, and attach the 2 files I've been able to create. 1st - the goal I want 3 ATR lines in...
Hi, I'm trying this great EA, using as input only the option: extern string rbc ="---- RENK brick ---- inputs; extern int LookBackBricks = 2; and closed positions as only this option without any indicators: UseRenkoStopLoss extern bool = true; extern int StopLossBricks = 2; tests in that...
Hello MQL5, I have found alot of great EA's and Indicators here, is it if i test and share this Files in my forum? Best regards
Attached to this post is a document I got, detailed are essential tips to make navigating and controlling your metatrader workspace a breeze. I found it most helpful and I hope you do... Cheers
Hi, A question to MetaQuotes team: Have you ever considered including version control tool in MT5/MetaEditor? Regards
In early 2011, we released an exciting tool for EA development, intended for all traders who have no MQL5 programming skills. With the emergence of the MQL5 Wizard in the MetaEditor, traders have received a convenient resource for developing Expert Advisors without programmers' help. Many traders...
The web installer of MetaTrader 5 can be downloaded at: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe (300 kb) Itautomaticallydetermines your system (32 or 64 bits, only 32 bit version is availableat the moment) and downloads only the requiredcomponents using our own...
Hi, I tried running an EA on the Intel Atom N455 @ 1.66GHz, 2037 MB memory Netbook Dell Inspiron mini. I created many Print statements in the code so that I could analyse the log file of the strategy tester. I noticed that many of the Print statements did not print at all in the log file which...
In my opinion, every trade you consider should be laid out ahead of time with a roadmap. A complete map should have an “off ramp” or a place where it makes sense to enter the market. It should also have exits for your destination (profits) as well as off ramps for emergency exits. This part of your...
I was wondering if anyone would be able to code a very easy EA. It is based off of one indicator. The first bar on the retracement finder that crosses the 0 line, enter trade in that direction. Take profit would be 100. once trade is in profit by 50 pips, place stop loss at break even. If...
Hello, Hopefully someone can make an EA base on my scalping system that I think can make good profit. One of the indicators used does not have mq4 file because I could not find it anywhere for quite sometimes. Any replacement is welcome as long it will serve the same function. Currently, during...
  forex market hours  (13   1 2)
The forex market is open 24 hours a day, 5.5 days a week. but why dose forex market open on Monday 00:00am, close on Friday 11:00 pm in Metatrader 5 (server:MetaQuotes-Demo)?
  EA v.s. Human  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
The past few days I have been studying on EA. Writing EA can automate our trade, and it can runs automatically all the time. This saves our time to monitor the screen. However E.A. is not perfect, so does human who does manual trade. I not sure what did the big player in forex market using (EA or...
Hi, Anyone encountered this problem where metaeditor can't be started from terminal with the new build? the error is 'Metaeditor not found' using windows 7 32 BIT MT5 Build 439 - portable mode
  Tips For Trading Forex  (12   1 2)
HOW TO MANAGE THE RISKS IN AUTOTRADING FX SIGNALS? There are three ways to Forex according to your Forex trading education and your available time for trading. • The first way is on your own, with your trade platform, analyzing charts, information and with your own trade strategies. Clearly, you...
Ok, so I have been spending my free time lately working on an EA that will allow me to communicate with MT4 through CSV files. I have already made a few EA's in the MT4 language, but wanted a more robust coding language that would allow me to take a more object oriented approach to trading, along...
Hi, I have customised the chart with some indicators. How do I save the profile in specific folder or does it save to the default foler. Where is the saved profile normally located in the folder? Thank you.
Hi, anybody knows how to do simple copying of trendlines and support lines like selecting a line, right-click and copy. MT4 and MT5 can't seem to be able to that...Hmmm Thanks, Titu
Greetings all! As they say, a question for the experts! Some time ago I wrote a certain indicator and later developed an Expert Advisor based on it. The idea turned out to be interesting! However, I noticed that everything was working on the history and the system just stood still - the indicator
April 28th, the server disconnect at 9h28 (gmt+1 on my end) from acces point 2 Europe; have had to switch manually (seen the problem only at 11h45) and get quality 67 % on that server again) and finally get it connected
Do you have any online class about metaeditor 5 and metatrader 5? Where can I start from to learn them? Compare metaeditor 4 and 5 which is more powerful, friendly and easy to use or learn?
Hello, I'm having difficulties in using the platform MT5: The problem is that I opened a demo account normal loads and ready, no updates the price, it's as if no Internet connection, but is connected usually, what should I do?
Good morning masters. How to profit, even if only 30% per month. I have tested quite a lot of profit losses, never once has a wizard that can help me? Me please ...
Hello, This is a request for help in finding a specific Straddle Mangement EA. Would anyone know where I can find a Straddle Managing EA that will delete the unfilled order side when the executed order side finally exits the trade. Kind regards KeithN
  brokers - ecn/stp/mt4...  (14   1 2)
hi, so what ECN brokers are compatible with MT4 ? are there any stp's with mt4 ? - or is that a matter of account size ? does anyone know of any ecn's offer gold with mt4 ? also, ideally brokers would be in Europe. I was thinking of going with dukascopy, but they do not offer live mt4 yet ! any...
What website has a good economic calendar? I usually trade on release of economic indicators. Anyone knows any eco calendar that provides a lot of information and is user-friendly?
We are pleased to announce Bullhive (https://bullhive.com), a new service providing remote agents for MetaTrader's strategy tester.  Using Bullhive, you can start up as many agents as you want and have them ready for you within minutes.  Bullhive's remote agents are personalized for you....