Long term or short term strategy? - page 2

Master Forex IB:
Both strategies are profitable, it is a matter of your grip on which strategy you had command that will give you good results. Some peoplw feel easy in short term trading system others like long term . Short term strategies are good for beginners and long term are effective for expereinced traders.

I, myself, find it harder to scalp and use short term strategies. I usually open up H1, H4 TF, then look at D1 and set my trades with SL & TP, which usually may go for few days. But to constantly look at the graph, looking for short trends, apply correct indicators, I think you must have more experience for that.

It's like Formula or any other sport. You start small and you constantly accelerate, speed up, until you are comfortable with quick actions and decisions.

I think You can select a short term strategy. its better for you.

As for me, long-time investments are always more preferable than the short time. So I'd say go for a long-term strategy. But to be able to forecast market you have to start from the short trades.

JohnyFXTrader:
As for me, long-time investments are always more preferable than the short time. So I'd say go for a long-term strategy. But to be able to forecast market you have to start from the short trades.

But why short trades are better for predicting the market?

Melle:
Hi guys, Can you please help me to find the best strategy for my investment, is it not dangerous to invest into a long term period (because we know the market volatility) or i would go for a short term period. What should i do?

As some people said it depends on you. If you use harmonics, it'll be both long and short term. Maybe you should know about yourself first. Are you patient or impatient? If you consider yourself as patient, long term investment will be fine with you and vise versa.

I prefer the short time trading. Holding the trade open for 10-15 min an hour maximum

Can someone please elaborate why do they prefer this or another time constraints?

Every trader has their own trading style and I follow the long term trading because risk factor is less there and good profit can be earned although short term trading is also good and in short time we can earn lots of profit.

I am not fix on any specific strategy . Mostly I use short term trading , it is easy to get small and regular profits. Some times I do work with loing term strategy when I had a good amount in my account . It gives sme hgh profits , I have to wait for proper time to apply my strategy.

I prefer the long-term investments. It generates more income. I can hold a trade open for a few weeks. If you trail it with the spot loss correctly, you don't even have to be worried about the news. The only thing is not to open the trade exactly before on of the economic events, you need to let it accumulate some back up for you.

Reason: