General - page 1477

I made a test EA myself, I put it under install folder's expert folder. But MT5 Navigator's common tab does not show it Did I put it wrong place?
//| 杨玟囗桢 钺牝?觌囫襦 CSphere. These are the code in my EA's comments, I can't recognize them. How to solve this?
MACD Sample - Turbo v1.1.mq4 - Free MT4 Expert Advisor This free EA is a complete, fully optimized and re-coded version of the Meta Trader 4 'MACD Sample.mq4'. It has been in 'live' testing and development for a few years and should continue to deliver profits in 2011 and beyond. Others might charge...
  Is Profitable?  (3)
Many successfull manual trader recommend partials, and insists that partial profits are profitable! Reasons to take: 1. DD% - it reduces drawdown 2. Losses# - it reduces losses 3. Risk- it reduces risk of time in market, and lower your exposure. 4. Psychological effect- it is like an insurance to...
I dont know how to make indicator, could anybody help me? it goes like this. When the running (now) price is higher than Open price of the running candle it shows up arrow. When the running price (now price) is lower than open price of the running candle, it shows down arrow It would be different...
Hi all, I've converted the code from mt4 to mt5 using some basic scripts, however, its not functioning as i want.  I've managed to clear up all the errors, however, that is not enough ! the code doesn't read out the true or false values set at input level, and deletes everything,  Kindly suggest a...
Hello Everyone, I Just ran across these interesting charts from CQG called Trade Flow Bars Charts. I know they use volume and bid and ask to develop these charts but I feel that we can come up with something similar to these charts by using up and down ticks on the Forex. I wonder if some one can...
Hi guys, I have a trader friend that sends me his live trade executions each day that are downloaded directly from his Metatrader account history function. His results seem too good to be true, and since he is an expert programmer I'm wondering if he is doing something illegitimate. For all you...
More than 85 percent of all daily transactions involve trading of the major currencies – Australian Dollar, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Japanese Yen, Swiss Franc, and the U.S. Dollar. Forex Yard is another of the more popular forex trading platforms for newcomers to the market and is noted for...
Hi all, this may sound a little simple, if you have a profitable EA and you would like to let others use it without them being able to see the full code, what steps would you have to go through to achieve this, if anyone is willing to answer could it be in simple easy to understand steps, preferably...
Hello, I want to know if it is possible to have components of a symbol on metatrader 5?? ie: can we have the 40 shares of CAC 40 on metatrader 5??
Hi guys, I was wondering if these big investment banks use actually MQL5 ?? I would like also to know which programming languages are the most used there for algo trading, C++, R, Matlab, SAS, SQL, SPSS? Thanks!
Can anybody fix this EA? It shows incredible potential, but will only open short positions. I've been using it by finding a currency pair that is trending downwards on an H4 chart and then using the EA live on a M5 chart to reduce the drawdown. Notice how the graph drops on the last trade (this...
Just found this site offering a tool to detach Metatrader charts. It looks awesome but still in beta. Here is a vid of what it does on You Tube https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yyUgwmS6M I don't usually install beta's. Has anyone used it? tools4meta - Tools for...
I saw almost every EA/Indicator/Libraries are in this location: C:\Users\haoxue3\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ABE7081C90D134C04D14851EBDA25E54\MQL5 What is this folder?
Anyone test this EA, please.
HI, Can somebody help me to modify this ea to open orders when price from top crosses stop order line (blue line) for sell, and when price from bottom crosses blue line open buy. Currently ea opens when price crosses lower or higher kumo or when crosses the full kumo.
Inflation data was released in the US, UK and China today, creating demand for gold, the pound and the dollar. Higher yields have been driving the moves in the currency markets. In the UK, January CPI was in line with expectations, rising 0.1% on the month but lifting the year-over-year rate to 4%...
Hi guys I have this indicator that I made from a mash of different code and it works fine but a bit tacky I’m just wondering how to make a slight change. At present it marks the OHLC of a specified time frame. In my case this (480 min, 8H) on to whatever chart it is applied to. For me this is a...
I have an EA that I regularly backtest and optimize. I want to determine a relationship between the probability of a given trade being profitable and a certain statistical measure called kurtosis at the time the trade was initiated. I programmed my EA to generate a .csv file containing each trade's...
Hi, Does anyone have this indicator? The link I have for it doesnt exist anymore Thanks
Questions about the necessity of a compiler that would work outside the terminal were discussed here several times. Now, the terminal installer contains the special mql5.exe launcher for 32-bit versions and mql564.exe for 64-bit versions. The compiler requires mql5.dll or mql564.dll for operation...
  draw trendline  (2)
how can i draw more than one trendline on chart. i'm using the ObjectCreate function to draw trendlines on chart. If i draw one trendline with this function and then use the same function again in order to create a second trendline, the first trendline disapears and only the new trendline can be...
I don't know position in back testing result, can MT5 add "position" on results tab? Thanks
Shouldn't I receive an email If I participate in a topic in the forum, and another user replayed or commented in the same thread. because it is annoying to come back and check , or to forget to reply to someone, or to miss a nice information
Hello, I'm looking for a command line interface to trade forex, if mt4/mt5 could provide it, then it would indeed be very nice, otherwise please advise about such platform. It would be great to open and close positions and get the relevant info through command line. Mostly the very basic functions...
  Days of the week  (2)
Hi , i have an idea and/or seaching for an indicator that will print the days of the week, the indi will propose to determine the midnight point for every timezone and will print "monday, tuesday...etc" at the beginning of the day, up on the chart. it can be practical when we analyse history to know...
Hey guys! I'm an experienced trader and recently set up my first signal at RAS. I'm currently waiting for it to get activated, but until then I would like for anyone interested to view my account performance: UPDATE: Signal is up and running and should be ready to go next market open! http://www...
But I can't find how to access them anybody please help? thanks
Hello guys, I'm looking since a long time for a daily range projection indicator, which draws two lines on the chart where trend reversals are most likely its a better indicator than daily support and resistance lines -and it is also great for counter trend trading. Attached is an example of such an