General - page 1470

I am using the iCustom function to work with the BW ZoneTrader indicator. I do not fully understand the functionality of iCustom to return data. To access the indicataor I am using these lines: ztHandle=iCustom(NULL,0,"examples\\bw-zonetrade"); ArraySetAsSeries(ZonetradeVal...
Hi All, Here's an EA I have written, run against EURUSD on the D1 timeframe. This EA looks to trade once a month. If you make any improvements to the EA please post them. Cheers! lowtrader1.mq4 strategytester_1.htm lowtrader1.ex4 Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar) Period Daily (D1) 1999.05.12 00:00 -...
When you start your latest mt5 terminal or click the Market label in the toolbox or launch the metaeditor,these message boxes always are showed in the front of the terminal.I use windows Vista Home Basic SP2.
[Deleted]
I have an indicator for spread in my charts and wondering if there are any for slippage, or if that's not possible? I know know many eas can be programed to enter or not enter a trade if slippage is above a certain level, if set too low it may not make the trade or may result in reqotes, how is...
Hello people I am relatively new to forex and was wondering if i could get some feedback/advice on this strategy. My aim is for 10-15 pips per day, trading on the 5m chart, using a 1:1/1:1.5 risk reward (so SL 10/15 pips, TP 10/15) Indicators used: Heinken Ashi smoothed ADX (14) Stoch (5,3,3) Buy...
  Heiken Ashi manual  (31   1 2 3 4)
Anybody can direct to a good manual on how to trade with ' Heiken Ashi '
When it comes to Forex online trading, scalability is a key concern. The trading activities vary from one person to the other. In overall terms, online trading is a much better option than conventional trading. A number of reasons can be given for this statement. First of all, you do not have to...
Hello traders, I am very happy to introduce my new trading system. It's called Trend Follow system - the results of my research over the year 2010. Below are the key features of system. Only trade with trend and major currency pairsSafe trading with risk management for each tradeStable performance...
Hi, anybody knows how to save customised profile of charts to personal folder? Does the templates and indicators goes along as well? And where do I put the customised profile to which folder of MT4 program? Thank you once again, TIT
Has news of China's inflation rate affected your trading strategy ? Or Australia's budget news
Hi Everyone, We're going to be posting our statements here everyday. It's always good to keep track of trading and be able to look back and see where you were and where you currently stand. Any support will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Forex Watchers Team
Hell community, do you know of a non time consuming way for listening to a socket port on every tick? I know there is the possibility to do it the other way round: MT5 is the client and the DLL is the server, see: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/169 But how about sending messages to the MT5 client...
Hi, my name is Dariusz Swierk, and I’m doing research on success factors in trading. I want to run my second research project , and I need your help. In the first project (it lasted two years) I’ve examined dozens of retail and institutional traders. Probably, the most famous trader, who was a part
Japanese rice traders developed candlesticks centuries ago to visually display price activity over a defined trading period. Each candlestick represents the trading activity for one period. The lines of a candlestick represent the opening, high, low and closing values for the period. /*...
Hello traders, I am very happy to introduce my new trading system. It's called Trend Follow system - the results of my research over the year 2010. Below are the key features of system. Only trade with trend and major currency pairsSafe trading with risk management for each tradeStable performance...
[Deleted]
whait is the best specs for building a powerful trading PC ? thanks.
Hi, is there an article showing the meaning of the results in the strategy tester? Regards 
...but for whom? Just some educated thoughts: If Forex were a Roulette -like Game, the odds would be 50:50 (rouge-noir;up-down). Yet 95% of all Forex traders lose their money. This is far from random, far from throwing dice. This cries for some implemented kind of system to the disadvantage of the...
ID: 31311 Signal trade:USDCHF, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, EURUSD, EURJPY, AUDUSD TRADING FREQUENCY: < 10 orders per Day Max positions/PAIR: 3; Max positions/SYSTEM: 10; Max lot size/SYSTEM: 0.12;
  Gd-radar  (4)
Technical analyzes of Dollar index, Gold and Forex and 100% manual (not EA) trading with Risk Management rules. Max. open positions: 3; Pair: 3; Max Lot size: 0.3 - system, 0.3 - pair; Max. Drawdown for 1 position: 200 pips or 4% risk for recommended account amount per trade; *"Stop Loss" puts...
Hi, Whatever the EA I choose, I get a result like that: It only did 29 trades during the year. What did I do wrong? Thanks.
Hi! I had this pivot indicator that I changed to showing simply yesterday's High, Low and 50% instead of pivot points. Now I want to apply this indicator to an indicator in a separate window, say RSI. My understanding is that all I need is to change these lines PDayHigh = Close[ iHighest(...
How to make an EA read a DLL file to run like an EA?
We always strive to make our services as convenient as possible. To help the members of our MQL5.community in their daily activities, we have introduced a new way for quick access to our website resources. Now the process of registration and authorization on MQL5.com is much easier - you can...
Is it possible to change the formatting of the chart that appears after running the strategy tester? the default is black with green OHLC bars and every time i have to change it to different color scheme and candles, as well as colors of the indicators.   Thanks
I am aware it could be something inside my indicator. But I'm at loss now. It doesn't work, it doesn't show anything in experts, but compiles ok. Weird enough, I have an older mt5 from alpari installed, and there it works. Something ever weirder happen when I started to debug it. The indicator...
[Deleted]
Hi! I use about 200 MetaTrader for testing my experts, and I want to show the results in an ordered formula. I rename the DetailedStatement.htm to statement.htm and set publisher with 240 minutes interval to this. But today, I saw in the journal, the publisher send the statements whenever the...
i write such code in experts , it can work ! #include <Indicators\Trend.mqh> CiMA *ma; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom indicator initialization function...
Hi Guys, How to know timezone of trade sever? or time GMT offset for the sever? Currently i can calculate this based on local time. but EA may be used in different timezone for different trade sever or moved from one country to another or, even local time is not set correctly,so it's not best...