Long term or short term strategy?

Hi guys, Can you please help me to find the best strategy for my investment, is it not dangerous to invest into a long term period (because we know the market volatility) or i would go for a short term period. What should i do?

It is the other way around : it depends on your trading strategy if it is going to be a long term or short term.

Melle:
Hi guys, Can you please help me to find the best strategy for my investment, is it not dangerous to invest into a long term period (because we know the market volatility) or i would go for a short term period. What should i do?

I was for a moment drawn into swing trading. But later realized that you need to have a good capital because the overnight swap rates can really eat into your equity if you are trading on a low capital. Start with intra day and when your equity builds up you could look for long term trades.

jw1981:
I was for a moment drawn into swing trading. But later realized that you need to have a good capital because the overnight swap rates can really eat into your equity if you are trading on a low capital. Start with intra day and when your equity builds up you could look for long term trades.

Yes, You need a certain amount of capital to start your investment on a stable longterm strategy with relatively lower leverage to keep the risk down to a certain level.

For now,I prefer a short term strategy because I am not that expert in forex and I really need to practice more in my trade.

I am a short time Forex trader. But I know long time Forex trading is more profitable and risk free. And the all professional Forex traders are the long time Forex trader. But maximum new and inexperience Forex traders are the short time Forex trader. And to trade for the long time need huge trading experience with huge trading capital.

Long/short traders. If you mix these strategies, how does your stop loss differs?

Both strategies are profitable, it is a matter of your grip on which strategy you had command that will give you good results. Some peoplw feel easy in short term trading system others like long term . Short term strategies are good for beginners and long term are effective for expereinced traders.

As for me, I've started from scalping. Opening and closing trades based on price action and candlesticks patterns. But step by step I moved to long-term trading, which is not that exciting, but more profitable. However, it is not a "must do" advice. All I want to say is that you have to chose the strategy by yourself and don't be afraid to change it when you feel like.

For me both are good only thing is that I should have a good command on it and should get sufficient profit.

Melle:

Only you can find a better solution mate. It is really hard to be successful with others' strategies. We must find ours according to our trading personality. Could be short or long or may be mixed one.

Reason: