Buying a new computer

I want to buy a new computer just to run MT5. Also I want to connect to cloud network. So what will be the best specification regarding  processor, RAM,  and any other component that might helps MT5 platform to work better ?

thanks

It's hard to say. I'm trying to get system on my own.

First you need to answer on these questions:

do you run your system 24/7?

What are your priorities? Running MT5 or connect to cloud network? Since cloud is big and there so little jobs to do, you want to be competitive on cloud, you must get system where cpu is really fast. For my experience with intel i3770 (idling 24/7) you could expect about 3-6Credits/month. So you might as well pay for cloud to get faster to your results.

If you want just run mt5, you will be fine with any system. All you need is at least 2core cpu, 2GB ram and you be fine.

Budget?

Will you overclock your system?

relaxtrading:

I want to buy a new computer just to run MT5. Also I want to connect to cloud network. So what will be the best specification regarding  processor, RAM,  and any other component that might helps MT5 platform to work better ?

thanks

If money is no object I would get an Intel processor - either i7-3770  or i7-3930 as much ram as you can handle and a solid state drive 

I want to keep running the computer on 24/7 for cloud network.  And I want to run strategy tester with random delay, every tick and optimization if I need without wasting my time. 

My computer is a 2 core pentium D 3.00 GHz with 3.24 RAM  and is working like hell, sometimes is fast and other takes 2 days to do a strategy test, maybe something is broken.

Maybe will be good to overclock my computer now it might work better. The new one probably no, .

Check this out

I assuming that CPU, MEMORY RAM, AND MOTHERBOARD are the most important parts, but there are other component that affects the performance. and I have not idea. Like a power supply or fan.

Specification

Computer Case Corsair Carbide Series 300R - Black  
CPU Intel Core i7 3820 (4 x 3.6 GHZ)  
CPU Heatsink Arctic Cooling Freezer i30  
Memory Corsair 16GB PC3-12800 1600 MHz (4x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)  
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 210 - 1 GB - (Gainward) - Silent (PCI-E)  
Motherboard Asus P9X79 Deluxe  
Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound  
Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)  
Power Supply Cooler Master GX Lite 700W PSU - Low Noise  
CPU Compound Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound  
Case Fans Fans Included With Case  
Hard Drive #1 500 GB Seagate SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 16MB  
Optical Drive #1 Samsung 24x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black - (SATA)

You don't need to go to socket 2011 system. Thats too expensive!

If you want s2011, go after 3930k, that have extra 2 cores and you can overclock it! 3820 You can't overclock.

I would say for cloud you be fine with 8Gb ram

"My computer is a 2 core pentium D 3.00 GHz with 3.24 RAM  and is working like hell, sometimes is fast and other takes 2 days to do a strategy test, maybe something is broken."

If you get s2011 system, your calculations will be at least  x20 faster than your current computer. But still! Mathematics is mathematics. 2days with your old system will be 2.4hours with most expensive current system. While cloud might calculate all that in under 5minutes. And that probably cost you less than $10.

Check out this article: Speed Up Calculations with the MQL5 Cloud Network

At first they did optimization with local Intel(R) Quad Q9300 (4 cores, 2.5 GHz) and 4 GB of memory and that took two hours and 44 seconds

Then on mql5 cloud that task took only 79 seconds

Thats about 90X faster, no computer can do that by it's own.

I still recommend you 3770k system and overclock it till 4.5ghz

core i7 is very strong computer now. it will help you work better
Reason: