General - page 1300

back  (1)
Green4 is back, am back. I miss all you folks, it feels great to be in your midst again.
[Deleted]
  2 questions  (4)
Is it possible to - a. get this indicator to show as background rather than over the candles on the chart? (Because it is hard to see in live trading when the indicator goes over the top of the candle.) b. use this indicator as a basis for a stop (the star signal) in an EA? I have the Semafor...
Hello guys, If I subscribe to a signal, do I have to keep my mt4 platform connected to internet? If my wifi often has problem, can I just stay connected via iphone mt4 app? (like using 3g and let in run in the background) -sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 More than 10 Show me the votes
[Deleted]
Normally if we include a string input, one can enter any string. But i want to restrict to choose from a list of 3 strings just like in a combo box
hi everybody, i am armature trader doing research based on various theories, such as gann, Elliot wave, Fibonacci, I'm uploading 2 pic files u can download, which are forecast made in April for Indian stock market nifty script. I'm not doing programming, but using excel for these calculations, if
Hi Does anyone knows why I am not able to rank my developer?
You can use the terms trader and investor interchangeably on this one... What I like best about the Larry Benedict chapter in Jack Schwager's Hedge Fund Market Wizards book is that it opens with a story about repeated failure. Before becoming the uber-successful founder of Banyan Capital Management,...
which leverage is best to use for a beginner?
At the start of the year, MetaTrader 4 iOS users received an opportunity to communicate with friends in the internal free chat. In the latest version of the mobile platform, we have thoroughly revised the chat making it even more convenient. Below are five innovations improving MetaTrader 4 iOS...
Hey, I am just getting comfortable with MT5. I ran on a test on the MAMA expert advisor, and I am confused by the result. See this screenshot: The expert advisor is making quite good choices, but I do not get I it is doing it. I though the MAMA advisor would make buy or sell signals, wenn the...
  What is PAMM?  (3)
What is PAMM and where can I find information on it?
The government has entered into shutdown for the first time in 17 years. As a result, regular economic data releases put out by the Department of Labor and the Commerce Department — for example, the monthly nonfarm payrolls report — won't be released. A lot of the datapoints that economy watchers...
  MT5 learnig help  (1)
Hello I I am new in MT5 and I am learning this new programming language, so I need you to help me when I will find difilculties so the first one is: 1. I want the code to display trading account type on the MT5 trading account(Real, demo or Contest) 2. I want the code to display universal clock...
GBPUSD: A second day of rally in the new week leaves GBP targeting further upside. Resistance resides at the 1.6300 level where a violation will pave the way for a run at the 1.6350 level. Further out, resistance resides at the 1.6400 level. A cut through here will turn attention to the 1.6450 level...
  broker open time  (6)
Some broker open one hour earlier, some late by one hour. Does it affects your automated trading system when u switch broker
The U.S. government began a partial shutdown on Tuesday for the first time in 17 years, potentially putting up to 1 million workers on unpaid leave, closing national parks and stalling medical research projects. Federal agencies were directed to cut back services after lawmakers could not break a...
GOLD: With the commodity unable to create a clear directional move, its preceding trend continues to dominate. Support lies at the 1,291.12 level. A violation of here will aim at the 1,250.00 level. A turn below here will turn attention to the 1,215.00 level and next the 1,180.00 level. Conversely,...
Now that the Senate has killed the latest proposal passed by the House, and with Harry Reid making it clear he is not interested in a one week Continuing Resolution stopgap, Bloomberg reports that the House will take the tabled bill and make these two changes to it: HOUSE PLAN SAID TO DELAY...
Is it possible to manual trade in the same terminal client while back testing and designing EAs? I want to build a track record on my premo trading strategy that pulls huge profit with little risk, while at the same time, create more EAs, and learn to code, back test my premo trading strategy
i draw OBJ_VLINE by : int OnCalculate(...){... ObjectCreate(0,"label_name"+IntegerToString(j-1),OBJ_VLINE,0,Time[rates_total-j],CLOSE[rates_total-j]); ..,} and then : void OnDeinit(const int reason) { for(int j=0;j<rates_total;j++)     {   if(ObjectFind(0...
is there difference between testing mode and reality ? real market versus strategy testing/tester ?
USDCAD: Price hesitation may have been triggered but USDCAD continues to hold on to its broader downside.Support lies at the 1.0252 level, its daily 200 ema. Ultimately, it will have to retake the 1.0181 level to trigger its medium term downside pressure. Below here will aim at the 1.0100 level. Its...
After the Fed declined to reduce the pace of its bond purchases at its September meeting, a bunch of folks predicted we'd see "Octaper", meaning the tapering of purchases would come in October. That now seems incredibly unlikely. Between the likely government shutdown and the debt ceiling fight,...
Would like to be able to change the Comment after placing a trade. Would like to be able to rename the tab or header for identification
hi; Divergence line on Awesome Oscillator is acceptable: were going through histogramm body OR not?, must have Opposite slope versus Price trend line OR must have Increase/Decrease in slope versus Price trend line ? i work on an indicator to determinate the Divergence on Awesome Oscillator. (...
Hello, I am coding ea and I dont know what is wrong :? so I try to code traling stop but it works bad with sell, so my code is: this work good: if (OrderType() == OP_BUY){ if(Ask-OrderOpenPrice()>Point*TrailingStop) { if(OrderStopLoss()<Ask-Point*TrailingStop) {...
The most important issue facing the US markets and economy is the pending government shutdown. If this expands into a debt default, the implications reach worldwide. As I accurately forecast last week: "Despite a busy economic calendar this week will focus on Washington and the inability to...
Hi All, I've just noticed i've been registered here for 2 years (sep 12 2011) - how long have you all been registered ? :)
[Deleted]
I use candlestick chart, with red for bearish candle and Green for bullish candle. i know how to detect pin bar and other patterns programatically. How to change programatically the color for pin bar candle , hammer etc... to specific colors.