Is it difficult to make profits from a broker that has a variable spreads? - page 3

morro:
convert commissions to pips and you are paying more

I absolutely agree with FxTechnic. This story is not about saving a few dollars. I rather pay commison than spread. Trading 1 lot may cost more, if you pay on commison than on spread, but if your SL is triggered because the spread, you are going to loose much more than your savings.

But if your spread is zero, you can't be stopped out because the spread.

ZTradeFx:
I absolutely agree with FxTechnic. This story is not about saving a few dollars. I rather pay commison than spread. Trading 1 lot may cost more, if you pay on commison than on spread, but if your SL is triggered because the spread, you are going to loose much more than your savings. But if your spread is zero, you can't be stopped out because the spread.

With normal broker you can chose which price should be used for stop losses for long positions (ask or bid) and which for stop losses for short positions (ask or bid) in which case it does not matter if the spread widened in a couple of seconds. Check first the broker before going live

paying commission does not exclude spread :

Since an ECN broker only matches trades between market participants, it cannot trade against the client, an allegation often directed against some unscrupulous retail forex brokers. Because ECN spreads are much narrower than those used by everyday brokers, electronic communication networks brokers charge clients a fixed commission per transaction.

Read more: ECN Broker Definition | Investopedia

Follow us: @Investopedia on Twitter

Files:
bid_ask.jpg  80 kb

I think changing the Ask/Bid prices is like changing the SL or TP.

Here is an article about, what I really want to say: Operational Risk in Forex Markets - Forex Broker StarsForex Broker Stars

I don't think so that variable spreads are a problem in making profits. Normally the STP accounts having variable spreads offers us the best price for entering the market as it is available in variety of STP accounts in Mayzus.